May 05, 2024, 02:17:07 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Team PvP Competition  (Read 22592 times)

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Team PvP Competition
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »
Probably its the longest small fight ever. FOnline chess edition.
There is no chess, or huge logical thinking in fonline. Victory strategy is simple : camp good position and have good numbers. Also there is no " personal skill " , you can call yourself a bit skilled if you know how to hex, but it's also too dependent on your connection and pc.

Well yeah, no.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

maszrum

• The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:14 pm »

There is no chess, or huge logical thinking in fonline. Victory strategy is simple : camp good position and have good numbers. Also there is no " personal skill " , you can call yourself a bit skilled if you know how to hex, but it's also too dependent on your connection and pc.

Sometimes after reading this forum i have real headache. But this.. im not sure its some advanced mk2 trolling or just pure stupidy. Dont even know how to answer.
Im buying all T4 weapons, best prices /PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineTV

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2013, 02:18:51 pm »
Sometimes after reading this forum i have real headache. But this.. im not sure its some advanced mk2 trolling or just pure stupidy. Dont even know how to answer.
It was non-troll answer on your post about "skillfull fight BSB vs BBS". You camped and didnt want to charge. Where's skill ? Awefuly boring video, and dont try to say smth like "nah, you just blind and didnt get our genius strategy" , i'm playing fonline for too long to not to see this.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmHRDSNHRsY&feature=youtu.be

Have fun watching. I will upload 3rd place match today also, rest in next few days, it's a lot of footage.
I'll assume I'm one of a vast minority who find it hilarious that all five of the winning team's members had avengers...
Fun event, though.

It was non-troll answer on your post about "skillfull fight BSB vs BBS". You camped and didnt want to charge. Where's skill ?
If you've ever played a competitive FPS, then you know that there are merits to sticking to a spot and then rotating, as they did. That being said, the first death being 17 minutes in was a bit silly.

When we went up against them, we immediately saw that they were camping the outside, and the second round we intended to do the same to force them to come to us. Then, we got yelled at, forced to move, and caught at a really, really bad spot and raped. If we had a sniper, we would have done the same thing they did. You don't send a sniper rushing into a building full of enemies, that is just silly.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:29:01 pm by Smalltime »

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »
I'll assume I'm one of a vast minority who find it hilarious that all five of the winning team's members had avengers...

... and yet it was Cheeki who scored a triple kill and won the Rambo award with a P-90. Myth busted I guess.

As for the whole "we were forced to move" thingie - you knew the rules, it's your fault if you picked a team composition that benefits from doing something that wasn't allowed and you messed up the execution so bad that you found yourself cornered.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:37:10 pm by Nice_Boat »

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2013, 02:36:18 pm »
the first death being 17 minutes in was a bit silly
That's what i'm talking about. You can camp with long range in one corner, then go to another corner, then back to previous one. So competitive, so HS. I have nothing agains BBS play, they were good, and i saw them doing good in action before (Kinderwhore for example), but this "campparade" looks too much for me.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »
... and yet it was Cheeki who scored a triple kill and won the Rambo award with a P-90. Myth busted I guess.
He won the rambo award for finishing three players off who had just dropped their weapons to a jinxed AC build. Needless to say, they didn't win a round after that.
As for the whole "we were forced to move" thingie - you knew the rules, it's your fault if you picked a team composition that benefits from doing something that wasn't allowed and you messed up the execution so bad that you found yourself cornered.
What? Our team composition didn't involve much that benefited from camping, or from being outside at max range. I was using frag grenades, for christ's sake. I'm not sure that you understood my post. And actually, we were not cornered. Quite to the contrary, we were caught in an open hallway through windows/doors with all exits too far away to get to without casualties.

God forbid anyone try anything fun or different, why don't we just restrict the next tournament to BGs only. We joked about bringing 5 big gunners as we were signing up, but decided to do something with a bit more thought to it. Turns out, that's the winning choice. (I am not implying with this statement that BSB used too many big guns, they actually had a healthy mix and brought a sniper, so I give them props.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:54:25 pm by Smalltime »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2013, 02:53:12 pm »
Awefuly boring video, and dont try to say smth like "nah, you just blind and didnt get our genius strategy" , i'm playing fonline for too long to not to see this.
It’s a boring video because everybody tries to avoid any mistakes. If you watch other competitive sports or games you will notice, that most of the top winning strategies are quite boring to watch, no matter if it’s a game of poker, Street fighter, Starcraft, Counter Strike or some speed trial in rally, these are quite uninteresting to wider audience, everybody wants to see Royal flushes in final tables, best combination of combos, complicated strategies, headshots and drifting all the time.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »
If you watch other competitive sports or games you will notice, that most of the top winning strategies are quite boring to watch, no matter if it’s a game of poker, Street fighter, Starcraft, Counter Strike
Woah, woah, woah. Let's all just calm down a bit here. Are you saying that the best strategies in CS are boring? CS is all about the fast action plays and the most exciting bit of the match is when one guy just goes berserk and aces a team. Not to mention, in CS you have a clock you have to beat. There was no urgency to kill each other here.

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »
It’s a boring video because everybody tries to avoid any mistakes. If you watch other competitive sports or games you will notice, that most of the top winning strategies are quite boring to watch, no matter if it’s a game of poker, Street fighter
Whaaat ?! Man i hope it was a joke. CS, Dota, even CHEESS are interesting. But it's not very exciting to watch capmparade. Rotating between corners of the map isn't skill. It's obvious advantage for ranged team.
I have nothing about whole event - it was great, and thx to everyone for it, i was glad to spend my time in fonline at that moment. My comment was just about video that msh posted. Again, nothing personal, no insults or other things, i just didnt see any skill, which was mentioned.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »
Was just an example, I’m not a CS expert but I have played some matches "for fun" and I can imagine there are some top players who are very cautious and that there is lots of waiting (not saying camping) and that such game can last much longer than regular fun matches. What I mean is a tournament match compared to a regular match and don’t tell me that one guys goes berserk all the time there.

If some CS pr0s got offended, then just kurva ignore the Counter strike reference.

@Flre: It mostly depends on the viewer, for example these FOnline fights are 100000x more interesting than any Chess match for me.

Bluepanda

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:13 pm »

Holy strawman batman.

I am cheeki, nobody i killed had functioning weapon besides the first guy, and i literally 1hexed him directly out of stealth so he had no chance.

I'll blatantly admit that most if not all the reason we lost our second set of matches with C88 was because my character was completely unable to deal significant damage to the enemy players at the ranges we were fighting at without dying. By the time i was in a 25 hex range and firing, i was dead.

I won't lie, i'll be amazed if Avengers and rocket launchers don't get nerfed hard next balance patch.

Ivic777

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2013, 05:55:16 pm »
Guys, stop arguing. It was great tournament and fight, thx to Kilgore. I hope we will have more tournaments like that.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2013, 08:20:28 pm »
yes, ivic is right,
if you want see fast butt rape watch bsb and bbs first fights. quick win with out any looses

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2013, 09:22:16 pm »
I'll blatantly admit that most if not all the reason we lost our second set of matches with C88 was because my character was completely unable to deal significant damage to the enemy players at the ranges we were fighting at without dying. By the time i was in a 25 hex range and firing, i was dead.

Incidentally, the same thing happened to BBS #1 fighting against BSB. BBS #1 was also Avenger-heavy. It's a matter of composition. Besides, take that balance bullshit elsewhere, it belongs in a ghetto called "suggestions" where people can just opt to ignore it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:24:12 pm by Nice_Boat »