May 04, 2024, 11:11:21 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Shouldn't Miniguns/Launchers be weaker at long range?  (Read 13597 times)

Adams

Re: Shouldn't Miniguns/Launchers be weaker at long range?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 10:34:28 am »
Most of the time I am against nerfing but FUCKING AVENGER is to strong Kilgore. You cant play 1hex game if you have gatling vs avenger.

most of time gatling deal 220-250 dmg vs ca mk2 and avenger 270-400 vs 2xtoughness ca mk2

yesterday i 1hexed few bbs and at 3rd time when i 1hexed another bbs for 260dmg he shooted me back for 370 (without crit) even if i had +1/5% from adrenline rush. Now tell me Kilgore if fucking avenger can kill tank with single shoot it is balanced or not? Before buff and in 2238 avenger needed most of time 2 1hex burst to kill 286hp 2x toughness tank, snce update av with bonus with 3xbrd can kill everyone except 2xtoughnes/psycho/beer 286hp ca mk2 tank. Gatling at this stage is piece of crap. Nerf av -2dmg from single bullet because it is op. In MY opinnion only vindicator should give you oportunity to kill with single 1hex burst.
If is it so strong use it then.You will become the OP guy onehexkilling everyone with one burst no need to cry.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 11:07:21 am »
I know BBS love avengers but if we compare 2238 and reloaded avengers got 25-50% kick (ap reduction, crits, range, 25% min/max). This is silly how game is focused on avengers bursters. Even if can 1hex 90% of bbs before they 1hex me i will lose vs avenger burster. yesterday den:
I 1hexed 3bbs but and 3rd he shoot me back for 371 dmg.

in last sesion of 2238 avenger could shoot you for 150-170dmg only if you

if you dont see it, you can always say "stop crying noob"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:17:51 am by jacky »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:44 am »
Jacky leave jet alone ok ?

Pics or didn't happen. Because with what you say i never get hexed for that amount for non critical hit.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 11:19:56 am »
I didnt do screen, but you can trust me it happen in DEN ruins. I dont want to cry about avenger but it is fucking unbalanced now even if I am lvling 3xbrd burster with fast shoot.

regular avenger is acceptable (still to strong) but with bonuses is fucking op.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:22:12 am by jacky »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 11:36:49 am »
I don't trust you.

Again pic or didn't happen

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 12:47:37 pm »
If is it so strong use it then.You will become the OP guy onehexkilling everyone with one burst no need to cry.
I am using the Avenger Minigun. It is in my opinion, a bit too strong. Just a tiny bit, though.

I don't trust you.

20% chance to crit 3xbrd avenger v.s. 2x toughness, psycho, beer, CA mk2 (each armor fresh and above 80%, each time)

Most likely scenario: 60% of the bullets in the burst that hit jacky crit, thus, the message was played out as a non-crit.
Regardless, here are some numbers for you (It's still weaker than a crit BRD XL 1-hex.)

Solution: The only way to not get 1-hexed for 300 is to be ungodly lucky and defy all rolls, praying that his gun critically misses and explodes and he misses his next three turns, or stay below 50% health with adrenaline rush. In which case... you still die.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:59:54 pm by Smalltime »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »
And thats is distance shot :P?

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »
for me it should look like this

range:

minigun<lsw<m60<avenger<bozar<vindicator

1hex:

lsw<minigun<m60<bozar<avenger<vindicator

at this moment it is:

BG < avenger < avenger +bonus dmg

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 01:38:29 pm »
And thats is distance shot :P?

Please do not respond to posts in English if you cannot follow the flow of a discussion that is in English. What you are doing is in no way constructive to the discussion.

Most of the time I am against nerfing but FUCKING AVENGER is to strong Kilgore. You cant play 1hex game if you have gatling vs avenger.

most of time gatling deal 220-250 dmg vs ca mk2 and avenger 270-400 vs 2xtoughness ca mk2

yesterday i 1hexed few bbs and at 3rd time when i 1hexedanother bbs for 260dmg he shooted me back for 370 (without crit) even if i had +1/5% from adrenline rush. Now tell me Kilgore if fucking avenger can kill tank with single shoot it is balanced or not? Before buff and in 2238 avenger needed most of time 2 1hex burst to kill 286hp 2x toughness tank, snce update av with bonus with 3xbrd can kill everyone except 2xtoughnes/psycho/beer 286hp ca mk2 tank. Gatling at this stage is piece of crap. Nerf av -2dmg from single bullet because it is op. In MY opinnion only vindicator should give you oportunity to kill with single 1hex burst.

I know BBS love avengers but if we compare 2238 and reloaded avengers got 25-50% kick (ap reduction, crits, range, 25% min/max). This is silly how game is focused on avengers bursters. Even if can 1hex 90% of bbs before they 1hex me i will lose vs avenger burster. yesterday den:
I 1hexed 3bbs but and 3rd he shoot me back for 371 dmg.

Most likely scenario: 60% of the bullets in the burst that hit jacky crit, thus, the message was played out as a non-crit.
Regardless, here are some numbers for you (It's still weaker than a crit BRD XL 1-hex.)

Solution: The only way to not get 1-hexed for 300 is to be ungodly lucky and defy all rolls, praying that his gun critically misses and explodes and he misses his next three turns, or stay below 50% health with adrenaline rush. In which case... you still die.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:53:44 pm by Smalltime »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »
Uh maybe in other way.

Why one hex shouldn't be devastating ?

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 02:06:13 pm »
Jacky was complaining about the one-hex damage. Pictures were requested. I provided pictures.

I don't trust you.

Edit: I must say though, I've talked to a few people who have wielded light machineguns in the military, and they have all reported that it's going to be a lot harder to hit a guy who is running around within 10 meters than it is at 100 meters.

I don't think people realize how clunky these weapons are.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:13:30 pm by Smalltime »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 02:11:17 pm »
Sorry then my fault i though he talk about power of Avenger in all not only one hexs. And strange because i don't get that one hexs from avengers huh, probably mos fault.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »
That is more than likely related to build. I'm not one to brag often, but I'm very happy with my BG crit build. Unfortunately, I'm still rooting for an adjustment to lower avenger damage.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »
I think good idea is to wait till implants will be ingame, 40 more hp and small boost to dr/dt can be quite "balancing"

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 04:54:53 pm »
i think you miss something. avengers are very easy to get and you to balance it i need 3implants? 2x 20hp and 1normal treshold which arent in game and not easy to get? maby add to this we have HPA so simply crafted avenger can be easy to get?

so if someone doesnt have 3x implants and HPA or BA we have no chance vs avenger with bonus dmg?

I tested efficient of gatling vs ca mk2 and 1ew implant and 1 hp implant and you know what? gatling was pure shit. To kill him i needed 5-6bursts. When implants will be in game only avengers will deal huge damage.