May 07, 2024, 11:58:34 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: sniper/crippler + drugs build?  (Read 2062 times)

TwilightFTW

• View Profile
sniper/crippler + drugs build?
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »
ello fellas!

im kinda new to FO, so if my questions will anger any of u - take my apologises =)

so on topic then:

was thinking about small guns sniper build with finese(thats the one for crippler, right?) and small frame

1)crippler build is good or a crap and waste of time?
2)what perks should i get?
3)best way to distribute starting SPECIAL points?
4)tag skills (well, except the small guns ofc).
5)drugs strategy (what to eat and how)

oh and one more thing:
i assume, that such build will have 2 or maybe 3 int... so that means im gonna talk like "ME GO", "ME BOOM", "ME EAT CHILDREN".
can this be avoided with constant chems consuming (mentats)? a bit of roleplaying ehehe

tnx
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:59:23 pm by TwilightFTW »

TwilightFTW

• View Profile
Re: chem reliant sniper/crippler build?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:42:11 pm »
oh and ofc im aiming to some teamplay/pvp

so will my char be of any use in some gruop pvp(town taking/defending/ganks/pk raids) parties?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: sniper/crippler + drugs build?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:01:09 am »
Welcome to the game [with a long learning curve]. It's best if you figure this stuff out yourself by studying the perks, playing for hours in the online planner, read the "Hit Chance" page on wiki carefully, and come up with your own plan.

I will tell you that most PvP snipers now have Strength 1, planned for gun skill 300, hope for a ST implant, and use Buffout and maybe Psycho, wash it down with Nuka Cola. We all smoke now too. PE 9 or 10. AG 9 or 10. Luck 9 and hope for Luck implant. Do not skimp on Endurance though, even for a long-range sniper. EN 10 is standard with most fighters.

Avoid Bruiser. Do not tag Doctor since Doc 100 is good enough. Consider maybe Outdoorsman and read 10 Scout books so you can have OD 130 at level 1. And maybe First Aid (max 200) - handy even when using superstims.

You can optimize a sniper with IN as low as 2 but you have to delay some perks until the last minute and put all Skill Points into gun skill only until 180, and don't spend leftover points - let them stack up for next level.

Perks: More Crit, Even More Crit, Better Crit of course. Bonus Rate of Fire. Right Between the Eyes is a popular sniper perk but only if you plan to do mostly eye/head shots. Action Boys are good too.

Finesse has been hotly debated. I cannot offer much help on this, except to say what i hear guys say about it: don't take Finesse if you want to kill the enemy yourself. Take it if you intend to do more cripples but don't mind doing way less actual HP damage.

That is all. Build advice is tough because really, we cannot really know what you want to do without tons of questions. Maybe you want to also have high Sneak, and thus you need Silent Running and Silent Death? That's up to you. Stick around though...the longer people see you play, the more likely they will invest their time. It's a brutal world. Oh and the game is harsh too.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:02:42 am by Henry »

TwilightFTW

• View Profile
Re: sniper/crippler + drugs build?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:29:22 am »
well, tnx for an anwswer =)

been playing with char planner whole evening yesterday and still having tons of doubts though

well at least i thnik i've mae my decision on SPECIALs.

Will be kind of new Fallout for me, cuz im planning to be constant nuka-mentats-smoker. Never used chems in my regular fallout game and always had int9-10 char, but here it seems ill be int2 dumbass, so gotta get used to mentats (hate when my char says things like *me wannah food* even if its funny).

Been thinking about silent death perk, but with 9-10 luck+finesse maybe its better to get extra lifegiver?

rtbm is not needed for a crippler build as far as i understood