May 15, 2024, 10:27:24 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.  (Read 12631 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 11:52:24 am »

Tears this, tears that. Keep coming up with excuses to not develop the game you lord over, you lazy faggot.

I should add that I know someone personally who submitted a map that got rejected back in 2013. Perhaps give me a chance to respond to your question before moving my thread to the "threads that I, the GREAT KILGORE, didn't like" section, you condescending prick?

Quite annoying to offer a legitimate suggestion and have the owner of the server be completely and utterly shocked at the idea of working on the game, expecting the players to do all the work for him. I would rather see this game in the hands of a shit-throwing shit-eating chimpanzee than in the hands of you, the guy who managed to delay a wipe for over a year only to add what essentially amounted to nothing. I tried being nice and keeping it civil but your passive-aggressive cunt response has pushed me over the edge.

Oh well, you just went full retard, and I will just leave your post to show others an example of idiocy I have to deal with often.

Btw I don't tolerate such posts here, so you can find yourself a place where someone does.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 11:55:41 am by Kilgore »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 11:53:18 am »
Yep, I can do nothing for free too. I'm doing it as we speak.

I recall making the mistake of supporting the server with a $5 donation to have one of my maxed implant characters rerolled

So where's your fonline server?

BTW a 5$ donation would technically mean you donating expecting nothing in return, you mean you paid for a reroll and got it? My god man, the things you have endured.

Itux

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 12:13:22 pm »

Tears this, tears that. Keep coming up with excuses to not develop the game you lord over, you lazy faggot.

I should add that I know someone personally who submitted a map that got rejected back in 2013. Perhaps give me a chance to respond to your question before moving my thread to the "threads that I, the GREAT KILGORE, didn't like" section, you condescending prick?

Quite annoying to offer a legitimate suggestion and have the owner of the server be completely and utterly shocked at the idea of working on the game, expecting the players to do all the work for him. I would rather see this game in the hands of a shit-throwing shit-eating chimpanzee than in the hands of you, the guy who managed to delay a wipe for over a year only to add what essentially amounted to nothing. I tried being nice and keeping it civil but your passive-aggressive cunt response has pushed me over the edge.

Oh well, you just went full retard, and I will just leave your post to show others an example of idiocy I have to deal with often.

Btw I don't tolerate such posts here, so you can find yourself a place where someone does.
Well, you just called him a retard, so if you dont tolerate insults dont do it yourself. Also, no offence but it seems that you cant take any criticism with or without insults. you have like 4 great maps unused or porly used so when people suggest stuff dont use that as an excuse anymore. just say that you dont feel like doing it and thats it.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 12:20:16 pm »
I don't want to be anyone's lawyer but how can you critise someone who isn't programming for living, doing it in free time and for players (donations aren't for hot vodka and cheap hookers, like it was said of 2238 :P), tell me, how critism can help there if the person can't have the skills to do everything from 0 to the hero level there.
Oh god, 6 years in fonline is too much sometimes for me, and when I see those posts like "i demand x and y or u're lazy faggot" at least once per month on any fonline server forums. :|
When do you people change?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 12:27:54 pm »
I see no fucking problem, Source of Reloaded was given for free to everyone. Everyone can download it, put his own damn server and do it on his own. He can even name it Reloaded mk II or Fonline: MLP Reloaded is Friendship.

I'm trying to not type and answer with anger and insults, but you are so damn retarded.
The one who wrote about maps and added some screens was asked to give links with files to see those maps in mapper. Than he answered that he just made it in some kind of graphic program, not mapper. So, there were no even one map or file given to devs. I was trying to do some work, but I stopped after month cause I have no more time until october or november. You have idea and plan? Show it and make somehting than whine. Devs add slowly, but add always new features. They get game, server, forum and all shit together. It's not something that gives them big money, Kilgore doesnt live in fucking palace and don't have 20 sport cars and 10 limousins in his fucking garage thanksfully to those donations.

Give them break man, and try to do same work as they for let's say week. Than we can talk.

:facepalm
GUN FOR HIRE

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 12:34:15 pm »
If any effort has been made to find new developers for this game, and they declined - I'm sure the reason would be that nobody wanted to work under Kilgore's iron fist, the one and only iron fist of FOnline:Reloaded that is filled with so much unwarranted self-importance that he feels like he deserves to call the shots in a game he has no idea how to modify or improve in any way.

I've worked with him and I've got to say his level of professionalism is comparable with some of the people that actually get paid for doing this job. Yes, everything moves kind of slow, but shit gets done. Furthermore, the development docs and work ethics are absolutely top-notch, especially when compared with the massive shitfest at FOnline2.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 12:38:16 pm »
Well, you just called him a retard, so if you dont tolerate insults dont do it yourself. Also, no offence but it seems that you cant take any criticism with or without insults. you have like 4 great maps unused or porly used so when people suggest stuff dont use that as an excuse anymore. just say that you dont feel like doing it and thats it.

"hey guys, do more content, u lazy faggots"
You call this a suggestion?  :facepalm

The game is actually being developed, despite of what you, or he, or somebody else is saying. I accept reasonable criticism, not just a river of tears or shit being posted about things that were explained over 9000 times. I never insult people who don't insult me.

The second thing is that there is no need to hand it over to someone (though I would do it for sure if there was some reliable team of people asking for it - it's always much easier to just play and demand things than to develop the server). You may ask "why?". The answer is: BECAUSE server source is published! If you think it's a piece of shit game, you can do it better, and please do!

Seriously the guy being angry because he _donated_ five bucks and I told him to contact DocAn who was handling all rerolls in previous session?  :facepalm

Btw: there were ALWAYS at least few people who complained about this game, even before Reloaded was launched, they kept posting shit about how much it fails and sucks and so on. We simply don't care about it. If we did, we would close this thing long ago.

We're making the game for those who like it, or who might like it. If you don't like it, then please don't play it. I don't play the games I don't like :)

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 01:10:29 pm »
lazy faggot
I lol'd - not that I like Kil, he's an annoying little nublet at times but lazy? Did you fucking fall on your head? You have no idea what programming is, especially when you're trying to do a honest piece of work that will WORK, won't bug out, won't create other bugs (I guess you don't care about dupe exploits).
Of course everyday tasks like handling retards and clueless imbeciles crying on forums you, banning rule violators, scanning for bots, etc, should also BE POSTPONED CAUSE MOOOM WAAH WAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

he IMMEDIATELY dumped me on DocAN
Such crying always makes me laugh: in games with THOUSANDS of players, game company hiring a few dozens of people and all you can hear on forums are imbeciles crying for more development supporting it with: you've got a few dozens of people working for my money, just move them from one department to the other  :facepalm

TLDR: each person has his own job. I guess you'd like Kil to jump and hump ya, right? Guess that new dungeon just got postponed by another day  ::)

only to add what essentially amounted to nothing
Yet another proof of how you know nearly nothing about programming :) The fact that some code ain't implemented doesn't mean that it's not there. Show me projects that you've completed, aside from the LEGO model of your house ::)

Summary: seriously, get back to your khanb cotton field, the sweaters won't make themselves. How you managed to log into the game with negative IQ will always be a puzzle for me  :-\

In the end, I'm kind of annoyed Kil actually bothered to reply. It surely was a waste of time to reply to someone who aint even worth it.

Anyways, voting for sticky! We need a hall of shame/dumb/tard here - you obviously get the second place kiddo, top first would be mine.
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 01:27:04 pm »
This started as a whine post for m0r3 l00t... And it went to shambles... Well everyone else has thrown in their 2 cents so here's mine.

Rando, you ungrateful tool. Like stated before, "you don't like it? You don't have to play it." This is a FREE game that is worked on with FREE time. I don't need to say anything else about that, everyone else has already chewed you up and down a wall.

@Kilgore, I agree with the others with whole "Use pre-existing maps for new dungeons" idea. What's this Chemical Building, and Sierra, and Mariposa? And maybe also use Necropolis underground with some low tier magic boxes similar to Vault 15. But I'm sure no one needs to tell you that. You know what to do with your time.

Anyways, sorry for placing this constructive comment in inappropriate section. QQ

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 04:12:53 pm »
As ugly as this so quickly became, i'm glad it happened here. Rando is not the only one like him; there are other guys with his spoiled rotten kid attitude. This might be a wake-up call to the rest of us of what devs in 2238 had to deal with sometimes (maybe one reason they stopped), and what devs/admins still have to deal with here in Reloaded.

Free game, developed by unpaid hobby/pro developers, for free, with all of its complexities and time-consuming challenges? It's awesome work! And it gets updated! Like quickly. And they read this forum and pay attention. There's no pay-to-win options on any level, even if we wanted them. Simply fantastic. And we the players can even do dev work! Haha! What word is there for this? We have the game, the server, the players, and the tools...it seems not even the sky is a limit.

Now let's get back to the topic though. This guy Rando did bring something up we all talk about: how to define a balance regarding the availability of tier 4 gear. And what happens next? Some suggest we mess with existing places. I say no! That's the same shortcut approach we keep seeing. We need more places to fill in the gaps between what we have and what we want. Between where we are and where we think we should be. It's like a staircase without enough steps. It works as-is, but we really just need to add more steps.

Oops, that takes a lot of work though. If we were all in a room getting to this point intellectually, we might look at each other in silence hoping "the other guy" will do it. So I for one expect short-cutting, but i look forward to seeing Talchem HQ! Meanwhile, i predict we will never reach a universal definition of "balance" on this topic, and i blame that on..."the staircase that simply needs more steps added".

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 04:44:18 pm »
Henry yes sierra and mariposa and waterworks are existing locations but they are currently empty and unused. I think that rather than making a whole new map for a new dungeon why not simply use awesome maps that are just sitting there waiting to be taken advantage of? Once the existing maps have been fully utilized then you should worry about making some whole brand new map. Of course new maps are always good but something must be done with them or it is a bit pointless yeah? I'd rather see a couple good locations full of enemies and loot and stuff than a lot of big empty locations with no enemies or anything to do in them. Filling up a map with interesting things is no shortcut.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 05:57:24 pm »
"sierra and mariposa and waterworks are existing locations but they are currently empty and unused." -beer

But they are being used. Those places already have functions, and thus have players using advanced workbenches (or gathering eparts and making Nuka). Add tier 4 there and you get more activity, but throw something else out of whack.

But actually you are right...because really, the idea to add advanced workbenches to those places was itself a shortcut in a way. Rather than add new location to accommodate a new feature (the adv workbench), 2238 devs just changed an existing place. When i look at them, i see way more content (good maps with much potential) than is being used. So okay, but ultimately we still need more places. Again, i say its not fair to pressure devs for this - we should be doing it.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 08:12:47 pm »
"sierra and mariposa and waterworks are existing locations but they are currently empty and unused." -beer

But they are being used. Those places already have functions, and thus have players using advanced workbenches (or gathering eparts and making Nuka). Add tier 4 there and you get more activity, but throw something else out of whack.

But actually you are right...because really, the idea to add advanced workbenches to those places was itself a shortcut in a way. Rather than add new location to accommodate a new feature (the adv workbench), 2238 devs just changed an existing place. When i look at them, i see way more content (good maps with much potential) than is being used. So okay, but ultimately we still need more places. Again, i say its not fair to pressure devs for this - we should be doing it.
Yes yes, advanced workbenches are a shortcut even though its literally the only thing in one of those locations. The real solution is to make all safehouses have adv benches instead of normal and to remove what few enemies are in mariposa and sierra and just use it to walk around inside of and look at.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 08:29:53 pm »

Yes yes, advanced workbenches are a shortcut even though its literally the only thing in one of those locations. The real solution is to make all safehouses have adv benches instead of normal and to remove what few enemies are in mariposa and sierra and just use it to walk around inside of and look at.

Some special faction bases can have Adv Workbenches okay, but not every tent...for God's Sake...
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »
Some special faction bases can have Adv Workbenches okay, but not every tent...for God's Sake...
x2