May 08, 2024, 07:17:35 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: You hear a gunfire in the distance  (Read 1515 times)

imprezobus

• Imprezobus here
    • View Profile
You hear a gunfire in the distance
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
Hello there

This is an idea to enhance fun coming out of traveling around the world map. We all had situations in which we died in the middle of damn desert, leaving all of our precious stuff lying there for waste. This idea would give a chance for the item to come back into gameplay, and also would provoke micro-PVP situations on world map.

First, a list of "worthy" items should be created.
Then, if a person equipped with worthy item dies in encounter and there is no players on the map available, the encounter should become visible on world map.
The rules of showing the encounter can be problematic because of engine limitations, but there are several scenarios on how this could be done, and Ill propose some.

1. Best case scenario:
The person dying in encounter does not see it on world map. The players in towns/encounters/generally speaking not at world map, within X squares distance from encounter - does not see it on world map. The traveling players within the X distance see notification: "You hear a distant gunfire" and the encounter appears. It should disappear after several minutes.

2. Worst case scenario:
Lets just create a globally available fight pit at the place of worthy death.

Real time and turn based modes should be evaluated for this kind of encounters. For sure player should be able to differ RT and TB enco from world map, to prevent RT only characters being stuck in TB mode.
Pros of the idea is that the world map traveling becomes a little more fun.

Enhancing the suggestion with more ideas much appreciated.
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: You hear a gunfire in the distance
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:00:57 pm »
Not for now, I'm busy with other stuff. Sorry.

Bego

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »
It could be easily abused if you're using dual log, you can practicaly die without penalty, just saying.
...pissing people off since 2238...

Besmrtnik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:34:43 pm »
I always wanted something similar for example, if percon die in encounter, that enc could be encounterable  for some period of time.

Justice

• no.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ci.anderson.ca.us/
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 02:51:08 am »
this why golgotha. i already get metal armor back once.
you can forgive, I not speak english. not very good.