May 05, 2024, 05:07:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Does Sierra Army Depot contain anything useful?  (Read 2912 times)

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
Does Sierra Army Depot contain anything useful?
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:11:34 pm »
BESIDE the workbench.

Iguana Vendor

Re: Does Sierra Army Depot contain anything useful?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:19:43 am »
Many locations just exist with the intention to make you think there are a variety of things to do, explore and have fun with. The reality is that almost all of these locations, such as the Theme Park, Talchem lab, S.A.D., etc are all pretty much pointless. The only interesting and viable things that can happen to you in PVE is finding a very rare special encounter, lockers or caves. The Glow is a nice first step, the warehouse is ok, but PVE needs to be enhanced dramatically. Places like the above should spawn items randomly in their respective containers, along with enemies to defend them. There needs to be other viable methods of obtaining items besides city lockers and caves. Perhaps coastal chests which have a different loot table, or desert tiles that spawn mini villages with a merchant that sells harder to find stuff. IDK, anything will do. The boredom was already ramping up as I was playing and it started funneling me into the only end game possible, PVP. And by PVP I mean join one of the three dominating factions, because god help you if you try to make your own. How is that fun?

TLDR: No.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:22:15 am by Iguana Vendor »

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:00:18 pm »
So...wipe is our only hope?

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:21:36 pm »
Useful no.

5mm rounds, rockets, possible player base or loss of mats on way out, assualt rifles, combatshotguns, or snipers in good condition.

Wipe will change many things, probably a full rebalance of the game TBH.
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »
Many locations just exist with the intention to make you think there are a variety of things to do, explore and have fun with. The reality is that almost all of these locations, such as the Theme Park, Talchem lab, S.A.D., etc are all pretty much pointless. The only interesting and viable things that can happen to you in PVE is finding a very rare special encounter, lockers or caves. The Glow is a nice first step, the warehouse is ok, but PVE needs to be enhanced dramatically. Places like the above should spawn items randomly in their respective containers, along with enemies to defend them. There needs to be other viable methods of obtaining items besides city lockers and caves. Perhaps coastal chests which have a different loot table, or desert tiles that spawn mini villages with a merchant that sells harder to find stuff. IDK, anything will do. The boredom was already ramping up as I was playing and it started funneling me into the only end game possible, PVP. And by PVP I mean join one of the three dominating factions, because god help you if you try to make your own. How is that fun?

TLDR: No.

Yeah... Old Session is pretty empty...

Juliarobete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 08:53:49 am »
It's hard to understand the need to try.