May 06, 2024, 07:18:21 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hexshooting without AP stopping  (Read 868 times)

Kaaon

Hexshooting without AP stopping
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:21:52 pm »
When running and using hexshooting without enough action points it should stop your character. Right now your character will keep running.

BB.

• View Profile
Re: Hexshooting without AP stopping
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 01:23:31 pm »
Sorry if little off-topic (but that bugs me for a long time and seems connected): I think it's kind of an engine fault. It's same with burst-single change. When you burst enemy and switch rapidly to single+shoot but before you manage to perform shooting animation enemy gets killed - you run till you reach dead body if you don't change direction manually.

+ When you don't have enough range and shoot, you run till you get range and can perform the action. Should have no effect instead of running too?

Kaaon

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 01:33:23 pm »
+ When you don't have enough range and shoot, you run till you get range and can perform the action. Should have no effect instead of running too?
no i mean.. when you are running and you HAVE enemy in range and click on him normally without having APs your character will stop and wait until he regen AP, then shoot
with hexshooting he will keep running, this leads into random deaths :(

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:51:18 pm »
I know, I know. I just moved forward a bit and presented the other side of the coin. If you are in prepared position and click on someone who is just in your range, but he moves back, you follow him which leads into random deaths too (and is also something unintended). :P

With both these thing you just need to be careful and be ready all the time to manage your position more that just focusing on shooting. I personally don't mind, it brings some challenge in proper usage of full range/hexshooting, but if it could be fixed easily, it would be better. But what I'm afraid of is it's engine's fault, not some scripting.

So I just gave a similar example and will leave it here for someone who knows what to do with it to read. :P