May 08, 2024, 12:33:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tips for a Pistols and Sniper Rifle only build?  (Read 2362 times)

Gun_Slinger

• Pistols and Snipers are all I know
    • View Profile
Tips for a Pistols and Sniper Rifle only build?
« on: October 03, 2013, 12:55:24 am »
Downloading the game now, I have played F1, F2, F3, F:NV as a duster with only a sniper and pistols in each game. I want to  give this game a shot and it seems neat. If there's anything nearby the beginning area where I could get started on my build that would be greatly appreciated!

Flre

• View Profile
Re: Tips for a Pistols and Sniper Rifle only build?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 01:10:35 am »
Downloading the game now, I have played F1, F2, F3, F:NV as a duster with only a sniper and pistols in each game. I want to  give this game a shot and it seems neat. If there's anything nearby the beginning area where I could get started on my build that would be greatly appreciated!
It depends on what do you want from game. If you are pvp-oriented player, you'd better try to find a faction, because snipers aren't best choice for solo game. Also you can get some explanations about how to start, how to get lvls, where to get stuff, how to rule the streets, etc.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 02:43:45 am »
If you're asking how best to level up on your first character, some of us do the easy quests first, then start hunting the lesser critters (like Mantis, rats of all types, dogs, geckos, cows etc) when your gun skill is over 100. If you hunt with gun skill too low, you'll suffer more misfires. Low Luck also does this.

Some guys shovel poo at level 1 because you can actually get to level 2 that way and get some caps. Move boxes too. At Hub get the Wasteland Band quest and find Joseph for the Sad Wife. At Vault City do the Medical Investigation for the doctor to uncover the train station locations. At Shady Sands guard the cows for Mr Westin, return Mira's Debt, and run smokes to Buster.

At level 2, start watching the map for a new spot to get the tent quest. Kill rats and get free tent. Consider getting Outdoorsman skill up to 100 so when you build a tent, it's a Safe House instead complete with its own workbench.

This is the map.
For cows, hunt 2-5 zones SE of Vault City, or anywhere under Hub.
For geckos, hunt all around Klamath, or 2-5 zones west of Hub.
For tons of xp from rats, large area NE of NCR, or NW of Vault 13.
Run around and get as many support perks as you can.

Stay away from zones with city ruins if you can, especially near SF, and avoid Necropolis and Gecko.
Also you have to understand that any unguarded town is a player-kill zone where other players kill you on sight no questions asked.

Hey have fun. Chat in IRC: connect to forestnet.org and /join #Reloaded

Dinowiec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:58 am »
Stay away from zones with city ruins (...) avoid Necropolis.

I would say oposite - go to urban area near Boneyard, harvest Junk, craft BB ammunition - 100xp per one run - easy xp, without fight and you can get first two or three levels this way. Then go to Junktown and sell those BB's (you should get ~3000 caps for it if you reach lvl 3 only doing this), and get yourself hunting rifle (scoped version would be best) and a lot of ammo.
With this go around Necropolis to encounter Crazies. They are damn slow, so run and shoot them from distance (hunting has 40 range), mostly they use shotguns (11 range), some have huntings aswell but won't shoot from far. So shoot and run, shoot and run. One Crazie is about 500xp. Collect loot (mostly shotguns, hunting rifles, and other low value shit. .22 ammo you can use for Hunting rifle), go barter it for new items.
Just be careful and don't encounter scavengers - they are fast, though and they use granades (molotov coctails to be exact). If you meet them - run!

Since lvl 9 go with caravans, just be careful as you can get killed by friendly-burst, so first thing to do is run to the back, and shoot aimed shots from your scoped hunting rifle (aim legs for knockdowns and arms for weapon-drop, eyes for kill).

Good idea would be to carry a Combat Shotgun (or at least ordinary shotgun) in second slot in case if someone would reach you.

And don't be afraid to die and lost your stuff - it is really low value and may be regained in less than half hour (or if you got a tent nearby and stock loot there - just go and re-arm).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:26:51 am by Dinowiec »