May 11, 2024, 10:50:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Respawn change  (Read 1669 times)

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Respawn change
« on: June 13, 2014, 06:27:08 pm »
Respawnpoints now:

Navaro/Den/Klamath
Zone: 6:5
Cords: 317:283

OK

San Francicso / Mariposa
Zone: 10/11:27 (border of two squers)
Cords: 550:1362

OK

Modock / Bartergrounds
Zone: 21:9
Cords: 1086:417

OK

Reno/SAD/ Redding
Zone: 19:13
Cords:971:664

OK

Broken hills/Vault City/Gecko/ Ares/Talchem
Zone: 27:8
Cords: 1370:425

Wrong. Too much locations assigned to one respawn. Two Town Control Cities, Two future dungeons. Dont even need to mention that running back to Broken Hills after dead on TC fight is really annoying... its need to be changed

LA/glow:
Zone: 31:44
Cords: 1563:2221

OK

[edit: south] NCR , [edit: Junktown]
Zone: 35:31
Cords: 1755:1590

Seems fine

[edit: Norht NCR] , V15
Zone: 37:24
Cords: 1865:1220

Seems fine

My suggestion is divided into two options how to deal with this "Broken Hills respawn problem":

Option numberr 1: Create respawn for Broken Hills by using map of V15 respawn [Edit: this map do not fit... Its NCR rangers outpost]. Add V15 location to NCR respawn zone. Move previous V15 respawn location  closer to Broken Hills like on picture:
[edit: see update]

As a addition: In white spot on map - place Ghost Town so Broken Hills will share respawn with this new location or move talchem to the white spot to create respawn BrokenHills/Talchem.

Option number 2:
Make Brohem Hills and Ares respawn with using new map (or copy of existing map) somewhere betwen these two locations (in ruins surronding "white spot") or close to theme park. This will also resolve long run to Ares problem
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:02:33 am by Celard »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Respawn change
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »
+1 bh is quite annoying

Strike

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:09:52 pm »
I agree about BH respawn, should be changed.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:02 pm »
+1 for BH spawn
actual is too far away, same for ARES

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 10:29:13 am »
Agreed, another respawn should be added somewhere east of BH. And now, we need a map for that.

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:06 am »
Some errors have ocure my suggetion also with my respawn reascherch i have founded some strange bug/feature. I thought that respawns are assighned to zones but it comes that it must be rather distance. Check this out:

NCR location is on border of two respawn zone. If you enter the city from up of green circle:

and die on this location you will respawn here (MAP#1 NCR rangers camp):

with cords:

If you enter NCR from down of green circle:

and die you will be respawned here (MAP#2 Enclave&Tribals) (this is Junktown respawn):

with cords :

Update for respawn suggestion:

1. Delate for good V15/north NCR respawn

2. Swap the map of junktown respawn (MAP#2 Enclave&Tribals) with map of delated V15/north NCR respawn (MAP #1 NCR ranngers)

3. Create Broken Hills/Ares respawn with using (MAP#2 Enclave&Tribals) in location like on picture below (blue color):

With this soulution new map for Broken Hills respawn is unnecessary and it solve ares problem (for now distance form VC respawn to ares is 12 squers, with my suggestion it will be five diagonally squers so it will be distance like 5*1,4 = 7 squers).

"White spot" still is a good location for Ghost town

Mentioned problem with NCR north&south allso will be solved

another option of creating respawn map might be reworking removed VC starting location map by adding there respawn gurds and some new objects
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:12:46 am by Celard »

Strike

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:11:40 am »
Not sure why does NCR have 2 respawn points, and they are close each other.

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 09:29:23 am »
Iam not sure too. The only reason might be NCR train quest, its really close to this respawn. But making respawn for one quest location and V15 dungeon?

Problaby the south respawn was for junktown and ghost town (this location where near, iam right?) and the north respawn was for NCR, V15 and its bug that from NCR you can respawn in junktown

Personaly i think that Ghost town should be out of core reagion (NCR,Hub, LA) and rather be moved to the wild ungurded north to decrease chance that new players enter this location wondering what is that