May 11, 2024, 09:38:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Critters  (Read 3561 times)

Strike

Critters
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:01:51 am »
Some changes to critters that are pretty weak. They don't become super strong, just little boost.

I already know that many of you won't like this, but they need boost.

Rats

Poison

Rats always been source for illness and other things, maybe they should have poison effect when they hit?

Ants

Types of Ants

Giant Ant (Normal Ant)

Tough Ant (More Hit Points, more damage and better DR/DT than Giant Ant)

Mutated Ant (More Hit Points than Giant Ant and Tough Ant, more Action Points)

Spore Plant

Types of Spore Plants

Spore Plant (Normal Spore Plant)

Tough Spore Plant (More Hit Points, more damage and better DR/DT than Spore Plant)

Red Spore Plant (More Hit Points than Spore Plant and Tough Spore Plant, Has an Poison Effect on spikes)

Mantis

Better DR/DT

At the moment, they are good in other things. They hit pretty good for such low critter, they has good amount of Action Points and Hit Points. But they die pretty fast, because low DR/DT.

Brahmin

More ST and better DR/DT

Brahmin always been strong, but it does need more ST to get powerful and able to stop some critters that are against them.

Brahmin hides are used for many armors, that is why they should have more DR and DT.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:12:37 am by Strike »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Critters
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 07:37:31 am »
Bigger mobs of these would also be nice

swarm of ants and mantis :P

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »
Quote from: Strike
Mantis

At the moment, they are good in other things. They hit pretty good for such low critter, they has good amount of Action Points and Hit Points. But they die pretty fast, because low DR/DT.

Tough Mantis - higher critical chance than common mantis and they should attack the legs often
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:53:06 pm by Celard »

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:28:06 pm »
and maybe also deadly rad scorpions (with deadly posion that immediately kills players with low endurance)

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »
Bramins Bulls

Brahmins with higher strenght (10), hit points double than regular brahmins, damage resistance 10-20% and with special "horn attack" (item without graphic, nonlootable) which might have Knockback weapon perk

Brahmin bulls could be allways agresive not like normal cows. 

Tameing brahmin bulls could be harder (5-10% chance to tame) and due that they vaule to bramin traders can be higher (regular brahmin 400-1000, bramin bull e.g: 1600-2000)

If eventualy my suggestion about "brahmin milk" will pass brahmins bulls shoudn't be milked...

Fun feature could be that they attack  without orders peaople with red brigekeeper robe even when they are tamed xD But scripting this doesn't have sense

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
The problem is that for beginners they can be deadly already.
A bunch of mantis that cage you or two raiders are an early end for many newbs.

I'd rather suggest to add a limited level-scaling that let's you encounter tougher enemies and less low-level critters as you level up.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »
I'd rather suggest to add a limited level-scaling that let's you encounter tougher enemies and less low-level critters as you level up.
That would be awesome feature, but would be too much work for devs.

Akenaton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:43 pm »
maybe a easier way to implement stronger critters is making encounter zones. like all round the hub is safe for new players. but if you go closer to the glow zone or to san francisco you will find all those better critters. (if that makes devs work more easy?)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
level-scaling is the stupiedest thing ever introduced to games (right after ultra-fast-self-healing in FPS).
"Great, I have leveled up! Now I am able to kill those monsters! Oh wait, there's level scaling, so they are stronger too!"

Level-scaling defeats purpose of levelling. Cause you don't get any stronger with higher levels.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »
level-scaling is the stupiedest thing ever introduced to games
I said limited level-scaling.
For example, a level 30 character could encounter tough variants of critters,
while below level 10 you have a higher chance to encounter weaker versions and smaller groups.
The tougher critters would of course give more exp and occasionally feature a "leader".

Darksider

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 10:02:42 am »
level-scaling is the stupiedest thing ever introduced to games (right after ultra-fast-self-healing in FPS).
"Great, I have leveled up! Now I am able to kill those monsters! Oh wait, there's level scaling, so they are stronger too!"

Level-scaling defeats purpose of levelling. Cause you don't get any stronger with higher levels.

+1
but lvl scaling should end on - maybe 30 lvl ? 30 lvl same scaling like 100 lvl.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 12:39:29 pm »
but lvl scaling should end on - maybe 30 lvl ? 30 lvl same scaling like 100 lvl.
No lvl cap is really a good feature. 100 lvl character is MUCH more versatile than 30 lvl (which is only a base really).

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »
maybe a easier way to implement stronger critters is making encounter zones. like all round the hub is safe for new players. but if you go closer to the glow zone or to san francisco you will find all those better critters. (if that makes devs work more easy?)

+1. Simple and clever idea that also works now... NCR, Junktown, Hub are well known safe/noob zone. Wandering at LA is more risky because you can encounter medium and hard encounters (like supermutants or floaters and centaurs). If you want to fight waves of monster you go to the Great Desert  conecting Hub and Redding. If you want fight against mobs with guns you go to NR, SF or even Enclave. If you dont want encounters you use a car.

BtW i think that for now encounters at surondings of glow, and east of the map are too easy (mostly rats and mantis...) there should be more mad ghouls or something.

Spore plants should have some zones on south, for now you can find them often only above Klamath. Maybe near San Franacisco? Failed Shi plant experiment

The only reasonable goal of mendioned level scaling might be protecting noobs bellow 12 level. At this level you have biggest choise of perks, you can requit companions and take caravans (caravans were from 9lv?).

Most of us forrgoten how it was to run like hell when you encounter raiders :)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 07:36:41 am »
If you're gonna buff shit critters, then they should deliver something for it. Ok, brahmin already give something, and spore plants deliver something (but spores? really?!), but you get nothing for the rest.......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 01:31:25 pm »
Exp and keeping your life. Stop calling for some useless stuff like "molerat fur", please.