May 05, 2024, 02:37:23 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Death and appearance  (Read 1937 times)

Souwaylier

• View Profile
Death and appearance
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:50:01 pm »
Hi! I find myself posting alot on this forum lately, but I guess it's not bad since that's what Help section is for ;P

Today I've got two questions:

I've been browsing fonline wiki and found info that character dies if have -20 HP (-40 with Dead Man Walking perk). I just want to be sure it means exactly what it says, because living with <0 HP seems to be odd.

Also, I've seen guys looking like Metzger, Robot, or with long hair; can I change my character's appearance anyhow?

Cheers!

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Death and appearance
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 12:06:55 am »
Consider the -20 HP (-40 with Dead Man Walking perk) to be 'Knocked out' state, or 'blood lost', hes very close to death, yet he can still be saved.

Souwaylier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:10:44 am »
I see, so, for solo player kinda useless.

Thanks for response!

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:20:44 am »
I see, so, for solo player kinda useless.

Thanks for response!
No not really, if you get for example -17 it takes some time to recover (Because of the health regeneration), unless you get hit and get past -20 of course.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:27 am »
As far as the appearance goes, those are called "skins" which is the skin of a different NPC. If you have a skin, it will remain on your character until you get a haircut. Even when you die it will remain. Some times people beg them from the GM's or get them in events. Some skins have weapon and armor restrictions though. Animal, robot and mutant skins cannot wear armor. Also, there are cloths you can find in caves, which are wearable skins.

Hope that helps  ;D

Souwaylier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 03:07:16 am »
@Knife..cz
I get that but I'm a PvE solo player, so if I get knocked down (<0HP) in random/whatever encounter I die anyways, since when I'm knocked down merciless bad guys will maul me to -20HP (or -40HP). Correct me if my thinking is wrong :D

Thanks alot for all responses!

Knife_cz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:38 am »
@Knife..cz
I get that but I'm a PvE solo player, so if I get knocked down (<0HP) in random/whatever encounter I die anyways, since when I'm knocked down merciless bad guys will maul me to -20HP (or -40HP). Correct me if my thinking is wrong :D

Thanks alot for all responses!
Uhhh
Well if you're a thrower, and you like throw a grenade on a enemy - and you get caught in the blast and end just with -19, you'll remind of me!