Username:

Password:

Topic: Forum PvP  (Read 1692407 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Forum PvP
« Reply #1785 on: January 16, 2015, 12:08:56 am »
If we bring good gear is becouse you are more, thats all. i would like to see you guys come 10 vs 4 like the other day  ;)
You do know most of reilys are new to PvP, only about 3 seasoned players there.

Also all your alts are stonewall tanks, 300+ HP in PA which is exactly why implants n stonewall should be nerfed.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:03 am »
Also all your alts are stonewall tanks, 300+ HP in PA which is exactly why implants n stonewall should be nerfed.

I agree. But that very fact makes it so much sweeter when we wreck them like we did last night. 3-4 Reilly's vs 6 UV and we raped pretty hard, TWICE. Good fights guys.

Fact. But I think we're all growing pretty well :D

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 16, 2015, 12:26:58 am »
If we bring good gear is becouse you are more, thats all. i would like to see you guys come 10 vs 4 like the other day  ;)

for one, power armor isn't that good in this game.

for two, stonewall isn't that great either. you have to make a lot of sacrifices to have that perk and for it to be effective, which makes it even worse that it is a 100% required perk due to constant rocket spam. It doesn't even protect against critical knockouts/knockdowns, for christ's sake...

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: January 16, 2015, 01:14:55 am »

Without airing too much dirty laundry, our two main problems to overcome are lack of effective focus fire due to position, or simply not hearing the commands. Secondly is the builds some people came into the faction with aren't as favorable to pvp as they could be.

Both of those issues are being worked on and improved.

So if we bring 10 people, it's because some people need the experience either doing pvp, or leading pvp. Being "Outplayed" isn't all that unexpected - we're using opponents as classroom examples in most cases.

Then again we aren't worried about being hot shit, only about getting ourselves squared away for next season, instead of being "the best" on a nearly empty server.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #1789 on: January 16, 2015, 02:36:31 am »

Without airing too much dirty laundry, our two main problems to overcome are lack of effective focus fire due to position, or simply not hearing the commands. Secondly is the builds some people came into the faction with aren't as favorable to pvp as they could be.

Both of those issues are being worked on and improved.

So if we bring 10 people, it's because some people need the experience either doing pvp, or leading pvp. Being "Outplayed" isn't all that unexpected - we're using opponents as classroom examples in most cases.

Then again we aren't worried about being hot shit, only about getting ourselves squared away for next season, instead of being "the best" on a nearly empty server.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Truth. RR teaches by throwing everyone into battle and telling them what they could do better after the battle. Otherwise there's no way to explain me being there.

It's good to train now so that we can have a decent chance after the wipe. :L
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

KestreL

« Reply #1790 on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:37 am »
I don't understand why Reilys rangers is always acting like 'Oh we have better players, we don't ragequit, we play for fun, YOU GUYS DON'T.'

You both recruit mainly international I guess. Eitherway it's a bunch of randoms. so chance of you reilys rangers having pro players that don't ragequit is pretty much same chance as UV.

I wonder when people will realise that their faction isnt the only one full of noobs. What really matter's in PvP is 'Leadership, Willingness to fight, Basic understanding of PvP'

Then just give it time and all will learn. But if enemies keep trying to 'WIN' at all cases even if it means staying in reno sewers for half an hour to just backstab enemies half their numbers... well then, that's gonna be something that after effects will show only after wipe.

cheers

Kaaon

« Reply #1791 on: January 16, 2015, 05:56:14 am »
for two, stonewall isn't that great either. you have to make a lot of sacrifices to have that perk and for it to be effective, which makes it even worse that it is a 100% required perk due to constant rocket spam. It doesn't even protect against critical knockouts/knockdowns, for christ's sake...
talkin about game mechanic when you know nothing about it ?
from what i know stonewall also gives 10*EN chance to avoid KD and 5*EN chance to avoid KO so with 10EN its 50% less KO and immunity to KD (in addition to knockback part depending on ST)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:58:29 am by Seki »

KestreL

« Reply #1792 on: January 16, 2015, 06:06:01 am »
from what i know stonewall also gives 10*EN chance to avoid KD and 5*EN chance to avoid KO so with 10EN its 50% less KO and immunity to KD (in addition to knockback part depending on ST)

I hear from like 10 people it doesnt protect against KO and then another 10 people saying it does. can anyone confirm this ?

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: January 16, 2015, 06:07:16 am »

I hear from like 10 people it doesnt protect against KO and then another 10 people saying it does. can anyone confirm this ?

I can confirm it doesn't. Ask anyone who has stonewall, they'll have 10 EN 10 ST and still get knocked down by aimed shots.

Seki: If you can prove me wrong on this, I would actually be happy about it. I think stonewall is too weak without protecting from crit KD/KO.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:21:16 am by The Sultan of Shrek »

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 16, 2015, 08:41:53 am »
stonewall only protects against grenadelaunchers, rocketlaunchers, shotgun knockdowns/knockbacks. no additional protection against aimed shots ( see changelog )

Changelog 09/02/2014

- Stonewall perk now protects against knockdown from grenades, rocket explosions and shotgun bursts, chance to avoid knockdown is based on Strength, 10 ST gives roughly 95% chance, 9 ST - 80%, 8 ST - 60%, 7 ST - 40%, 6 ST - 20%,
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:43:27 am by triqua »

Johnny

« Reply #1795 on: January 16, 2015, 08:55:09 am »
Spoiler: show
Re: Nerf Turbo Plasma
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 12:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Seki on November 15, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
also some KDs added to crit table to not make aim fights only about KO/nothing

There are KDs in crit table, actually some good number of them but... there is also current must have perk - Stonewall (OP btw ;p).
Stonewall + 10 endurance = 0 KDs
Even if you score super turbo imba crit Stonewall check is after effects calculation and KDs are removed.
So problem with no KDs is not with crit table, I would not even say with Stonewall perk itself (because this KD part was unchanged for years) but with Stonewall being must have perk for most builds because how nice it protects from rockets, explosions and such stuff on top of KDs elimination and nice KOs protection.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:44:04 PM by mojuk »

So stone wall check Endurance not strength triqua. Quoted from mojuk in the nerf turbo plasma thread.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:52:21 am by Johnny »

GAMBRINUS

• View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 16, 2015, 08:59:57 am »

Re: Nerf Turbo Plasma
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 12:34:54 PM »
Quote from: Seki on November 15, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
also some KDs added to crit table to not make aim fights only about KO/nothing

There are KDs in crit table, actually some good number of them but... there is also current must have perk - Stonewall (OP btw ;p).
Stonewall + 10 endurance = 0 KDs
Even if you score super turbo imba crit Stonewall check is after effects calculation and KDs are removed.
So problem with no KDs is not with crit table, I would not even say with Stonewall perk itself (because this KD part was unchanged for years) but with Stonewall being must have perk for most builds because how nice it protects from rockets, explosions and such stuff on top of KDs elimination and nice KOs protection.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:44:04 PM by mojuk »

So stone wall check Endurance not strength triqua. Quoted from mojuk in the nerf turbo plasma thread.

STONEWALL + 10 STR = 5% KDs ...

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:09 am »
(STONEWALL vs explosions/shotgun) =/= (STONEWALL vs critical hits)

stonewall only protects against grenadelaunchers, rocketlaunchers, shotgun knockdowns/knockbacks. no additional protection against aimed shots ( see changelog )

Spoiler: show
Changelog 09/02/2014

- Stonewall perk now protects against knockdown from grenades, rocket explosions and shotgun bursts, chance to avoid knockdown is based on Strength, 10 ST gives roughly 95% chance, 9 ST - 80%, 8 ST - 60%, 7 ST - 40%, 6 ST - 20%,

This was added to give additional protection from those specific types of attacks, has nothing to do with critical shots.

Stonewall was working like that even back in the days on 2238:
https://github.com/rotators/fo2238/blob/master/Server/scripts/combat.fos#L1467-1471
Info provided by me "Stonewall + 10 Endurance = 0 KDs" is correct when we are talking about critical hits/aim shots/crit table - which we were.

---
To sum up (I hope it's the last time ;p):

Stonewall vs grenades, rocket explosions and shotgun bursts
Chance to avoid knockdown is based on Strength:
(STRENGTH-5)*20 > Random(1,105)
so with 10 Strength you get about 95% chance to avoid effects.

Stonewall vs critical hits/critical table
Chance to avoid knockdown is based on Endurance:
Random(1, 10) <= ENDURANCE
With standard 10 Endurance characters it gives 100% to avoid KD from critical hits.

Chance to avoid knockout is based on Endurance:
Random(1, 10) <= ENDURANCE-5
With standard 10 Endurance characters it gives 50% to avoid KO from critical hits.

Of course melee weapons and Heavy Handed is a different story because they baypass Stonewall and their effects depend only on attacker's Strength rolls.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:07:57 am by mojuk »
:facepalm

Johnny

« Reply #1798 on: January 16, 2015, 11:43:06 am »
when you are talking about stonewall, i wonder if the game code checks your original ST (like it does for perk choices) or if buffout/psycho are counted aswell.

If you make a character with ST-7 for example, buffout and psycho for a total of 10, will the game take in consideration 10ST or your base 7ST?

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: January 16, 2015, 12:03:22 pm »
when you are talking about stonewall, i wonder if the game code checks your original ST (like it does for perk choices) or if buffout/psycho are counted aswell.

If you make a character with ST-7 for example, buffout and psycho for a total of 10, will the game take in consideration 10ST or your base 7ST?
Everything is counted - base value, drugs, implants, armor bonus. But final value is never higher than 10, so even 10 ST + buffout + psycho + implant + armor bonus is still equal to 10 ST.
:facepalm