May 17, 2024, 04:37:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Ban the Cookie Monster?  (Read 4849 times)

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
Re: Ban the Cookie Monster?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 07:19:15 am »
Diseable stack seems a better solution. Make it like any drugs, after the first cookie, display a "It didn't do that much" and no added effects.

Seems like the best option to me as well.

As far as making them "more rare", we know how that works - only temporarily.  They aren't common enough that you can stockpile a bunch without some effort (like Jet, or other drugs), but they're rare enough that they'll still be useful, yet not OP if stack was disabled.

Kaaon

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 06:14:41 pm »
Diseable stack seems a better solution. Make it like any drugs, after the first cookie, display a "It didn't do that much" and no added effects.
+1

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 10:06:09 pm »
Disable or disease? Im not sure which you meant.....

Disable's easy enough but "disease" might imply that if you made it so it caused problems (like using 20 super stimpacks WILL kill you)..... actually, that's not a bad idea either......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 01:15:33 am »
Too much drug use should give you a heart condition :P Need heart pills or you die.

*@pname@ uses Super Stimpak!*
@pname@: Ugh! My heart!
@pname@ suffers from sudden heart failure, and dies!

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 11:24:12 am »
I remember that back in 2238 I got them from GMs for being helpful.

Maybe they should only be given as a reward and consolation prize for taking part in events.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:47 pm »
Too much drug use should give you a heart condition :P Need heart pills or you die.

*@pname@ uses Super Stimpak!*
@pname@: Ugh! My heart!
@pname@ suffers from sudden heart failure, and dies!
This sounds incredibly annoying and unfun. Also seems like a step backwards since using ss used to hurt you over time and if you used too many you could die. Also some people I know used to ss guards until they died so they could go kill people in protected towns. This feature was removed, and for good reason.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »
You dont have a crit table to fix ? Maybe balance PvP instead of wasting time in bullshit just sayin.. Nobody cares about turn based once 1ap shots will be deleted it will be balanced. Jesus fucking christ.

Corrosive was critically hit in the groin for 157 hit points had his armor bypassed and knocked out.
GG

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 02:18:46 pm »
Disable or disease? Im not sure which you meant.....

Disable's easy enough but "disease" might imply that if you made it so it caused problems (like using 20 super stimpacks WILL kill you)..... actually, that's not a bad idea either......

If you are not sure read again, it's cristal clear. And such "desease" shit can be abused easy, just experiment how many cookies you can eat before dying and take that exact amount. Also if bullets don't kill you that easelly here, why the fuck would cookies? Stop smoking weed before posting nonsense.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:52 pm »
You dont have a crit table to fix ? Maybe balance PvP instead of wasting time in bullshit just sayin.. Nobody cares about turn based once 1ap shots will be deleted it will be balanced. Jesus fucking christ.

Corrosive was critically hit in the groin for 157 hit points had his armor bypassed and knocked out.
GG
This exactly. So many shitty ideas for putting in new (or old) things are being put forward when there are glaring balance issues. Tpr shouldn't be able to crit for 200+ on a tank in a Tesla helmet because Tesla is supposed to be its direct counter. Also 1 shot ko gg shouldn't happen when you wear the direct counter of it. Just one of these things happening is strong but both together is way OP. Especially against gear that's supposed to counter it. The only way to have a (small) chance is to have a stonewall man of steel quick recovery tank in tesla and get a couple 1 hexes on the tpr tank. If this were fixed then maybe server would come back to life. I and many others don't play much anymore because of this. I assume this is something that's been fixed and is waiting for wipe but if implants can be made buyable this session why not fix crit table? Try PvP corosive and you will understand after just a few fights with tprs.

Tb is only used by few people anyways. Only noobs and trolls that do flare traps to kill the noobs. Fix rt issues is more important.

PS. Before you tell me to play different server if I don't like it blablabla. I love this server I'm just trying to show people there's bigger things that need done than a new craftable spear or some shit.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 06:08:02 pm »
lol why are so many people butthurt towards me? I'm just a writer haha. Crit tables/ Pvp/ Balance, etc that isn't my department. FOnline isn't as popular because there's just not much to do outside of killing players.

Instead of getting angry and emotional over issues, how about taking the time to slow down, and think about the problem, in a clear, precise, and logical manner?

Example:

Armor doesn't work properly. This happens because of X reasons. I recommend we buff or nerf X item, blah blah.

The Critical Table is too exploitable if you make X build. Remove instant kills.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 06:37:48 pm »
lol why are so many people butthurt towards me? I'm just a writer haha. Crit tables/ Pvp/ Balance, etc that isn't my department. FOnline isn't as popular because there's just not much to do outside of killing players.

Instead of getting angry and emotional over issues, how about taking the time to slow down, and think about the problem, in a clear, precise, and logical manner?

Example:

Armor doesn't work properly. This happens because of X reasons. I recommend we buff or nerf X item, blah blah.

The Critical Table is too exploitable if you make X build. Remove instant kills.
I'm not butthurt at you and I don't really know what power you have over the game. I didn't mean offence. Any contribution to the game is good so keep writing definitely if that is all you do but I was just trying to elaborate on what was said already. If everyone contributes content like you do wipe would be here by now. And I did give the reasons. The solution is to fix crit table. Fonline used to have many more players. Even this server. See at the bottom of main page where it says most people ever on forum at once? Killing players can keep people playing a long time, except most have moved to other servers for reasons like crit table.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:55 pm »
I'm waiting for a "fixed" crit table. From anybody, you can do it =) Seems easier written than done. Since 2009, I've never seen a "good" critical table that nobody complained about. On any server.
Also, people always tend to point at things they do not like about the server as possible "reason" of low number of players or something. But the real reason for low number of players is that there was no wipe for more almost 2 years, all other things are just details.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:19:31 pm by Kilgore »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 07:16:12 pm »
I'm waiting for a "fixed" crit table. From anybody, you can do it =) Seems easier written than done. Since 2009, I've never seen a "good" critical table that nobody complained about. On any server.
Also, people always tend to point at things they do not like about the server as possible "reason" of low number of players or something. But the real reason for low number of players is that there was no wipe for more almost 2 years, all other things are just details.
Thanks for the informative post kilgore. If you are sent a crit table it will be changed? Awesome. I'm not really an expert but I've heard many ideas from some BBS guys. Maybe if something is put together and put in suggestions then some guys that are good with this stuff like mojuk or seki can perfect it. I'll see what I can make happen since I've got some free time later today. But I see your point about not everyone agreeing on crit table. Sniper players will have different opinions on it from tank players etc.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 07:20:47 pm »
AFAIK mojuk doesn't play aimed characters and I don't want a crit table from someone who doesn't play aimed characters at all.

Anyway, this topic is about something else:

i agree with this suggestion, cookies doesnt have any other purpose then just abuse them by eating all and going into TB encounter trap/pvp, how can you fight with somone who has 2-3x more AP
To make cookies non-stackable, I would need a separate timer, and there are reasons I don't want to do that. And there is no real reason to do that, because their only usage was always what Seki wrote. That's why they will be changed to a generic healing item, like any other type of food.