« on: September 02, 2015, 03:09:38 am »
Not an entire city should be PVP free for all for these reasons:
They hold essential resources:
        Support Perks
        Crafting parts
        Vehicles
        Quest related.
Free For all PVP makes places Ghosttowns
         We can see in the HUB what a difference PVP makes between Klamath and the HUB

My Solution is simple, inside everytown there is a zone either marked in red instead of green, or written in big bold red letters.
This zone is where town control will be conducted.
Some Examples:
For Reno, Golgatha will be where the town's ownership will be decided.
For BH the underground/Mine will be where TC is done
For the HUB The water merchants will be where TC is done

Also instead of TC lockers spawning caps from no where, 10% of all caps traded into the town will be what spawns inside of the lockers, when someone spends caps in the town even for quests, cars or ETC 10% of those caps go poof straight into the box.

This also means the controlling faction has a 10% discount on everything in the town basically, TC lockers will still spawn the same items, just the caps come from somewhere.

This idea is mostly to encourage seeing people in more towns across the wastes, and to promote exploration. This'll lead to better equipped new players, and give TC champions more towns to control. A winning team could even brag about it to encourage recruitment of awestruck spectators.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
Re: Sectional PVP
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:46:46 am »
Terrible idea. Kills what little PvP is to be had in factions because nobody wants to fight in shitty places like broken hills mine.

People are already totally safe in towns because nobody bothers to go there except when they tc. I've stood in the middle if reno for 2 hours before and nobody tried to even pk me because I saw nobody that whole time.

And 10% of the caps traded would be basically nothing. People don't buy much in towns they just trade in shit for caps at merchants. And in low amounts at that.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:52:25 am »
More people playing would change that. Remember with more towns in the PVP game, any caps traded anywhere including to buy cars would go into the pockets of TC winners.

You buy cars don't you? You do quests don't you? All of these would be caps being traded around, and therefore into the pocket of TC winners.

Now the PVP would be more restricted in towns, but then more people would COME to those towns. You want to see a populated wasteland don't you?
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:27:46 am »
More people playing would change that. Remember with more towns in the PVP game, any caps traded anywhere including to buy cars would go into the pockets of TC winners.

You buy cars don't you? You do quests don't you? All of these would be caps being traded around, and therefore into the pocket of TC winners.

Now the PVP would be more restricted in towns, but then more people would COME to those towns. You want to see a populated wasteland don't you?
You only buy cars in reno and I've only ever bought 1 buggy because that's all I ever needed. And there's no way to restrict PvP in towns. Tc needs large area and you can't cut those areas in towns down without making tc retarded. And simply making pking not able to happen won't increase player numbers. The only thing to bring in more people is if there's more stuff to do and more reason to do it.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:33:07 am »
Read previous suggestions, developers are willing to rework TC system, so no point writing such crap. Anyway bad suggestion.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 01:26:09 pm »
Horible idea, North towns should stay open pvp. I only like making them more interesting and attractive for players.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:02 pm »
Tc needs large area and you can't cut those areas in towns down without making tc retarded
You can move TC to separate map - noobs buy tents on map A, apes fight on map B, both doing their things in same town, but don't interrupt each other when timer is on.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:11:11 pm »
Tc needs large area and you can't cut those areas in towns down without making tc retarded
You can move TC to separate map - noobs buy tents on map A, apes fight on map B, both doing their things in same town, but don't interrupt each other when timer is on.

The Reno being TC in Golgatha is basically this idea.
We could even have duplicate towns, one being red for TC accessed by the town/world button and one being green for people who want to do PVE or quests.
In Maintenance Mode.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 05:28:24 pm »
We could even have duplicate towns
No, this is silly; no dev will accept it for regular server [unless it's something like Battleground, that is]. It was more about new maps designed for PvP, not reusing Interplay maps for another twenty years...
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 07:50:50 pm »
We could even have duplicate towns
No, this is silly; no dev will accept it for regular server [unless it's something like Battleground, that is]. It was more about new maps designed for PvP, not reusing Interplay maps for another twenty years...

I hope no dev would accept double-towns...
Anyway, making PvP regions/parts of each town would be interesting. Let the Hub's slums get some players blood :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 12:01:52 pm »
Posts above explained why this is bad suggestion.