May 13, 2024, 12:54:35 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: In your face enemies perked  (Read 4888 times)

jasoncowboy

• View Profile
In your face enemies perked
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:49 am »
As in the perk description, the perk works when the player is 1-hex to the enemy. However, even with melee 2-hex weap, the chance to miss still presents (miss all the time with endless walker even tho 2 hex away). Is this intended or just a bug :D?

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:15:04 am by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: In your face enemies perked
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=In_Your_Face!

:)

In Your Face
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:09:22 am »
Try this one: http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=In_Your_Face!

We can make assumptions about what you're saying, but let's just skip to the point; tell us what you were doing, what weapon, what happened. More details please.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:13:44 am by Henry »

jasoncowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 01:26:19 am »
Try this one: http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=In_Your_Face!

We can make assumptions about what you're saying, but let's just skip to the point; tell us what you were doing, what weapon, what happened. More details please.
any 2 hex melee weap, I tested with spears and super sledge. Doin caravan, the enemy is  endless walker. I heard someone before that some high lvl mobs have in your face perk, i supposed these walkers are those, but in your face supposed to be 1-hex not 2 hex away :D, or there must be something else on these mobs

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 01:41:10 am »
Uuhhh.....am I the only one that doesn't understand what he's trying to say?
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 05:12:09 am »
From the way it is worded on wiki, i assume it means its good for using any 1-hex weapon. So not spears. I know we don't think of spears as ranged weapons, but they do reach 2 hexes, which is some range (lol), so "Non-Ranged" here might actually mean "no more than 1 hex effective use". The perk forces enemy's Hit Chance to virtual ZERO by making you effectively 2 hexes away (even though you're only 1 hex away) when they use a Power Fist for example. ZERO Hit Chance because they cannot reach a target 2 hexes away with a PF, and as far as their Hit Chance on you is concerned, you are 2 hexes away regardless of how you appear visually. At least that is my understanding of IYF.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 05:23:52 am »
From the way it is worded on wiki, i assume it means its good for using any 1-hex weapon. So not spears. I know we don't think of spears as ranged weapons, but they do reach 2 hexes, which is some range (lol), so "Non-Ranged" here might actually mean "no more than 1 hex effective use". The perk forces enemy's Hit Chance to virtual ZERO by making you effectively 2 hexes away (even though you're only 1 hex away) when they use a Power Fist for example. ZERO Hit Chance because they cannot reach a target 2 hexes away with a PF, and as far as their Hit Chance on you is concerned, you are 2 hexes away regardless of how you appear visually. At least that is my understanding of IYF.
I actually have a harder time understanding what you said  ???

His question seems to be pretty obvious and the answer is in the perk's description on the wiki: "Note: When your opponent is attacking with a non-ranged weapon, the range at which the penalty is applied increases from 1 to 2 hexes."

Since you were 2 hexes away with a melee weapon, IYF still applies.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:25:44 am by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

jasoncowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 02:48:37 am »
hmm guess i've gotta start reading wiki more carefully, solved then :D.

Wallace

• Not a bug. It's a feature...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:25 pm »
Strange...

Raiders armed with spears are hitting me almost every time from 2 hexes

I think putting the info on wiki might've been done ...too quickly
Desert Drifters

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 05:10:10 am »
Spears might not be considered a two hex melee weapon in terms of damage prevention for that perk.
It might be considered throwing instead. Or Raiders are just immune to the perk regardless since there are no good spears in the game it shouldn't be an issue.
In Maintenance Mode.

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:37:06 am »
Any mechanic that isn't working properly should be an issue...

Think i'm gonna try with bootleggers and their sledges next.

EDIT: Confirmed - Bootleggers were hitting me almost every time from 2 hexes. At 1 hex they were missing me as expected.

EDIT: Plus it only works when both slots are empty/contains a melee weapon BUT not those which are both thrown and melee like spears and rocks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 09:22:04 am by Wallace »
Desert Drifters

Arcanix

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 09:24:24 am »
Uuhhh.....am I the only one that doesn't understand what he's trying to say?

Yes.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 09:34:06 pm »

EDIT: Confirmed - Bootleggers were hitting me almost every time from 2 hexes. At 1 hex they were missing me as expected.

EDIT: Plus it only works when both slots are empty/contains a melee weapon BUT not those which are both thrown and melee like spears and rocks.
NPC's might not have the 2 Hex Debuff then. Have you tried with other players?
In Maintenance Mode.

Wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 07:42:15 pm »

NPC's might not have the 2 Hex Debuff then. Have you tried with other players?

Yes. Checked just a while ago - IYF! has NO EFFECT at 2 hexes (tested with spear and a sledgehammer)
Desert Drifters