May 08, 2024, 11:29:51 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Random rep drop with NCR.  (Read 2374 times)

George W Kush

• View Profile
Random rep drop with NCR.
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:03:02 am »
Rep is now -350. The ONLY thing I can think of that could have caused this is when I came across an NCR patrol, I ran towards them, they told me to back away, started shooting at me literally a second later, I ran like hell for the exit, and never engaged them. That's it though, I've never fired at them or committed any crimes. All I have done in their towns so far is shoveled shit and bought a few items. Is there a way to raise this, or should I just start over, considering I'm still fairly new, and having just been killed by an NCR patrol, have no equipment.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Random rep drop with NCR.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:10:46 am »
Welcome to hell the game, George! Grab some flint on your way to Junktown mine, get some iron and minerals there and start making/selling ammo in Hub/Junktown. You'll level up a bit and be back on your feet soon!

George W Kush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:12:53 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. I should probably pay more attention to the crafting in this game. Is scavenging really as profitable as the wiki says? I personally didn't find anything while searching the random zones near the Boneyard.

HazMat

• Don't give a fuck about TC or your clan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 12:16:53 am »
A lot of players buy junk. You don't have to find an encounter to find junk, however.
you can literally just stand in a city grid area, click the green arrow and be put into an "encounter" that usually has no enemies in it, but almost always has junk. It's rather heavy, however.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, but I got shot instantly by the brotherhood for approaching them with my gun equipped. I found a junk car that you can search for fuel cell controllers and other parts, and the second I touched it I saw:
"don't come any closerBANG"
Dead.
Like I said, not 100% sure but maybe having a gun out causes them to react faster.

George W Kush

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:33:19 am »
Maybe it was caused by me joining the Brotherhood?

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 06:01:07 am »
Caravans also have some odd reactions with Factions.... I learned that the hard way. Also if your really desperate I'll get ya some caps and you can reset your rep :D

George W Kush

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:31:55 am »
Caravans also have some odd reactions with Factions.... I learned that the hard way. Also if your really desperate I'll get ya some caps and you can reset your rep :D
Can you pay someone off to reset your rep? If so, how much would it cost?

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 07:03:26 am »
Yeah, at cathedral, Its just south of San Fran. Its 5k caps to reset, and a 1 time fee of 5 caps to get in there. so first timers need to pay 5,005 caps :D

George W Kush

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:55 am »
Yeah, at cathedral, Its just south of San Fran. Its 5k caps to reset, and a 1 time fee of 5 caps to get in there. so first timers need to pay 5,005 caps :D
Alright cool, I can scrounge that much together, wouldn't feel good accepting a handout. Thanks for the info man.