May 05, 2024, 12:08:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Various] List of some minor bugs  (Read 10534 times)

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
[Various] List of some minor bugs
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:03 pm »
Hi there, I've been pointing in a paper some bugs or mistakes I am finding, so here they go:

- Dialogue mistake when you talk to Dustin to deliver the Mira's debt, there's an unfinished sentence.
- Dialogue mistake when talking to Marc, in San Francisco tanker bar: there's another unfinished sentence in one of the questions you can do.
- Dialogue mistake in Hub's message board: "Come to see Jake in Oldtown" when he's close to the east fields.
- Non working workbenches arround the world, i've only noted this ones: BoS bunker in NRC, Navarro, Hub-Oldtown, Hub-Beth's shop, T-Ray's gas station.
- If you reload the weapon through key binding on world map, pointer turns into an eyehole without possibility of change it until you enter in a map.
- When you enter to the computer facility in Vault City (the building where you can resign from faction) you get attacked by guards without warning if you enter from north door (inside the room with stairs).
- A message is displayed sometimes with no reason in some guarded cities like Shady Sands and Hub, saying "You've caused problems in this town and guards will not protect you". It happened to me with two different characters with neutral reputation without doing anywhing except trading or chatting with NPCs.
- Gun Runners deliver package quest gives no experience points.
- I did Gun Runners mutant cave quest two times with the same character the same day (with its consequent reward in exp. points and weapons, I had to confess  :-X). I think that was because the first time I did I had negative reputation before starting quest and it only raised to ~90-95 reputation points. Later, when it raised to ~200, the dialogue option to redo the quest was not enabled.
- Industrial park message quest: I had the same bug twice with two different characters: If you are moving to the bottom of the facility...
Spoiler: show
...where the punks appear, your movement route is not interrupted if you are still clicking on field, so the dialogue displays and ends at the same time (as if you had pressed esc button while dialogue is displayed). You have to talk with them again in order to do the dialogue. If you try to leave and they kill you, there's no "quest failed" message in your pipboy and quest description remains in the same state, location dissapears and it seems to be incomplete.

- Pistol crafting quest in Boneyard: The punk girl that gives you the mission asks for less components than you really need to craft the 10mm pistol. So when you deliver the components she ask for (junk and wood, i think) you still lack of the rest of materials.
- A man's Job quest (Followers of the Apocalypse building) is disabled (you can't ask people about the middle aged man) if you start medical investigation quest in Vault City. Furthermore, medical investigation quest is disabled too if your reputation with Vault City becomes vilified (that's what i guess that happened) while you are doing the quest. Anyway, I had too many reputation changes during this quests and I don't know exactly in what way all this happened. I did a reputation reset in cathedral but it didn't change anything.
- After the quest incident above, i have a big disorder in quest descriptions in my pipboy: Some quest descriptions are displayed  instead others, and some others are totally empty.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:39:03 pm by Ina Blackwood »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [Various] List of some minor bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:49:47 pm »
I'd like to thank you personally for this. I'll have a look and fix the writing/ dialogs. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of rewriting most of the dialogs in game... There's about 1000 of them... And since I'm the only one doing it, it will take lot's of time, and I might miss a few things. Really need you testers lol.

Kaaon

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:25 pm »
- If you reload the weapon through key binding on world map, pointer turns into an eyehole without possibility of change it until you enter in a map.
there IS possibility to change it back by simply pressing esc two times (opening and closing menu - not even need to relog) but i still agree that it shouldnt be like that

intended i guess

- A man's Job quest (Followers of the Apocalypse building) is disabled (you can't ask people about the middle aged man) if you start medical investigation quest in Vault City. Furthermore, medical investigation quest is disabled too if your reputation with Vault City becomes vilified (that's what i guess that happened) while you are doing the quest. Anyway, I had too many reputation changes during this quests and I don't know exactly in what way all this happened. I did a reputation reset in cathedral but it didn't change anything.
- After the quest incident above, i have a big disorder in quest descriptions in my pipboy: Some quest descriptions are displayed  instead others, and some others are totally empty.
many things connected with quests are wrong or broken, they needs to be reworked

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 09:01:38 pm »
A few of these problems are actually already fixed lol. Some of the dialog bugs you mentioned I had fixed a few days ago.

Could you point out the exact error in the san fran quest line? I'm not really there yet in my to-do list and don't feel like jumping ahead to look at the code myself lol... Just give me a few keywords in the dialog and I'll figure out the rest.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:35 am »
A few of these problems are actually already fixed lol. Some of the dialog bugs you mentioned I had fixed a few days ago.

Could you point out the exact error in the san fran quest line? I'm not really there yet in my to-do list and don't feel like jumping ahead to look at the code myself lol... Just give me a few keywords in the dialog and I'll figure out the rest.

Yeah, first you say Marc if you can ask him some questions, and then you can ask about some thinks and one of them is like "What can you tell me about...[cut]". It's not a quest, just a dialogue. Anyway, i found some other minor errors, ill try to point them while i find them :P

intended i guess

All repeteable quests gives you some xp, so i thought it was not intended... Anyway, id like to earn some xps there too xD

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:53:13 am by Ina Blackwood »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:07:15 pm »
Thanks, bud! I agree about the XP thing I'll have a look when I've got the chance. Keep this coming! We really appreciate you bug hunters, you don't realize how much it actually helps us out :)

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:18:04 pm »
There's another dialogue bug. Better with images than with my poor english xD

Edit: I'll post all this kind of bug in this thread instead of opening new ones, if admins are agree.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:20:51 pm by Ina Blackwood »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:01 pm »
Please do mister man! Thanks!

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 02:38:27 am »
It's supposed that guy wants a Fuzzy painting, but I can't deliver to him.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 03:41:14 am »
oh that quest never worked lol, I'm rewriting it. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »
Gecko pelt cant be sold in Klamath to Maida Buckner.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:37 pm »
Gecko pelt cant be sold in Klamath to Maida Buckner.

Oh? How comes?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 04:57:24 pm »
True, I can't do that too  :(
GUN FOR HIRE

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 07:11:00 pm »
True, I can't do that too  :(

I'll try to fix that right now.

EDIT: So what's the problem? It simply doesn't work? I bet you turn in items and then nothing happens right?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:14:35 pm by Corosive »

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 07:55:28 pm »
Now she steal 3 my silver gecko plets, and im gain 120exp (no caps)
In next time dialog disappears
PS
If you can fix the dialogue, please Increase reward for plets (because past price was for the economy in 2238)
And if you can add reward for fire gecko plets
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:00:51 pm by Mighty »