May 04, 2024, 11:44:44 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Haven't played in a while, new meta types?  (Read 8236 times)

Seki

• View Profile
Re: Haven't played in a while, new meta types?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
sniper build perfect, except one thing.. tag doc instead of fa.. you can heal yourself with ss but cant heal cripple without doc.. max PE is more important then 1 LK and special implants arent that expensive anyways
but i dont know much about sneaks

about barter.. just make some char with 10 IN and craft/barter on him so you can reroll your pvp chars without losing professions/bp

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 03:16:38 pm »
sniper build perfect, except one thing.. tag doc instead of fa.. you can heal yourself with ss but cant heal cripple without doc.. max PE is more important then 1 LK and special implants arent that expensive anyways
but i dont know much about sneaks

about barter.. just make some char with 10 IN and craft/barter on him so you can reroll your pvp chars without losing professions/bp

Alright, whats the best way to level up/farm mats on my crafting character for now?

I'm not sure how that sneak character will turn out but I kind of want to do that over sniper just because I've been making a sniper since 2077, but I can't wait to try it out only downside is I have to level to like 80~ to get 300% sneak which is apparently required.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »
Good builds. You can drop 1 point from PE for 10 luck on sneak build, I find extra crit chance to be worth more than 3 sight. Keep it 9 for sniper.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:05:27 pm by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 09:21:31 am »
Well I now have my crafting character able to get all professions, I'm thinking I should level lock picking on him since sneak characters require a lot of leveling.

My question now is what should I do for money/leveling my sneak character? I have around 30k caps atm and a couple tents.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 10:23:10 am »
Make caravans.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 11:26:14 am »
Your first attempt at making a sneaker is actually quite good. However you need to take into account that you will also need 300% in your chosen weapon/combat skill to be able to use your weapon correctly due to your 1 strength. Of course this is only accountable if you choose to do aimed shots which I argue you should do. The one hander trait assumes it will help but in my opinion it really only assists when using a gauss pistol since it has a larger range than a .223 pistol, therefore needing a trait such as that to maintain accuracy more than just the 300% weapon skill. Also I agree with Rinzler in that, while you do need a good perception for the scouting purpose of a sneak, a really high perception at the expense of luck is not something you should do. Luck 10 is a must; 8 perception is alright to have considering it is still a good sight range including the fact that a cigarette increases this to 9 which is enough for your standard .223 sneaker. Having said all that, everything else is pretty much spot on. My only final comment is that you wont really need that 2nd lifegiver if you choose to play a .223 sneak as silent death would be a more preferable perk to choose.

As for your question relating how to get caps and best way to level, all I can offer is to just level through caravans. It takes a good amount of time but if you are dedicated to playing a sneak and you are dedicated to learning how to be one effectively, then your hard work will not go unrecognised. Trust me, sneaks are amazing fun once you get to grips with them.

EDIT: You can also craft weapons, for example the .223 pistols, and sell off the disregarded ones, ie: non statted and terrible statted ones. You will mainly want ones with advanced or unique prefixes so sell other ones for caps. Of course this can be generalised to any weapon that you choose.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:50:34 am by zekromo 👑 »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 01:07:49 pm »
Buy a mine when you have 40k and youre pretty much set.

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 01:18:43 pm »
Private mine + slave mining, what should I use all the mats for, crafting/making money, or is there a way I should level my sneak with the materials?

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 01:21:16 pm »
You can level your sneak by crafting. Some people level them by crafting power servos, but I dont think you should do that. You should craft guns and then sell to have a little bit of caps. Caravans are best option when ur sneak is lvl 30+ imo

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 01:25:43 pm »
Whats the best way to level them up to 24+ so that I can get repair high enough to make decent guns?

Also what should I craft for the best exp/usability/caps?

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:13 pm »
on low lvls craft combat shotguns its decent for starters
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 02:15:48 pm »
Caravans are best option when ur sneak is lvl 30+ imo

More like 80-100 ;)

Whats the best way to level them up to 24+ so that I can get repair high enough to make decent guns?

Also what should I craft for the best exp/usability/caps?

depends... High enough repair is not an issue. You can buy 10 repair books in hub bookstore for 16k caps and it will give you kick of 60%extra repair skill. If you have base 6 in you start with already 38% rep so you need 2 skill points to reach 100% for both professions. Then this char can stay in privet mine which has its own workbench and just craft the hell out of those resources. In the meantime make other char to enjoy game and do caravans to compare which method is better for you.

Like preba said for starters craft some combatshotguns they sell good in NCR (bars), VC (Bar in courtyard), and SF (tanker bar and cage on the right) so you can gather drugs and caps by trading them. After you get enough caps for .223 pistol BP craft some hunting rifles and keep only those with stats that suit you, rest science or sell, afte a week you will have enough firepower to mess around ;)

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »
Awgansky dont forget about the trader in boneyard train station  ;)
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »
You can also farm Mutants quest from Gun Runners, dunno you can do it if you are sniper. Maybe in turn base.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

elemenope

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 07:32:34 am »
if you wanna build a sniper it's improtant to understand chance to hit calculation (http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hit_Chance).
i allways go for 10 PE because without it you go below 95% chance at max range.