May 13, 2024, 06:22:53 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Nope, no way. Uh-uh.  (Read 963 times)

Aralvar

• View Profile
Re: Nope, no way. Uh-uh.
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:37 am »
It's a waste of time playing if you lose all your items when you (inevitably) die. What's the point in playing?
What's the point of living? We work whole our lives, gather money on our bank accounts and at the end of the road we all just die. Let's just do inevitable - let's just kill ourselves.

That's a nonsensical comparison. If when you died in real life, all your money, your job, and your possessions were gone and you had to start out on your own again then it would be valid. As it is, that doesn't make any sense. I die in real life and I'm incapable of missing anything that I had in life, the same cannot be said about a game forces you to waste time collecting gear over and over and over again, where life is a one shot. Besides, the point of a game is to escape from life. Not to emulate it as much as you can.

Aralvar

• View Profile
Re: Nope, no way. Uh-uh.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:45 am »
I have an idea. How about when you die, you get banned from the game for 24 hours? The more risk the better, right? Hell, if there were enough players it could be a week!

Yeah, that's exactly what this feature sounds like to me. Risk doesn't make the game more fun for everyone.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:58:40 am by Aralvar »