Password:

Topic: Builds Guide  (Read 25642 times)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Builds Guide
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:24 am »
Ask, discuss and share Your opinion about builds.

Here is my character which i was playing during test session:

It has all necessary professions, 2 guns skills taged and is able to own 1 companion.

Further developing would go in to Lockpick skill and a little boost of BG and EW.

I`ll post more builds here later
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:46:15 am by DocAN »

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Builds Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:00 am »
Thanks for posting your build up. It looks well balanced.
I'm interested why did you select 5 luck. It's not like it will hep in any critical hits. Is it because of crafting? I thought luck doesn't affect crafting. It's interesting.
One great thing about FOnline Reloaded is that you can have one build that can do most of the things with and forget about alts and focus on game play. I'm sure there are better ones so would like to know if anyone can come up with anything better.

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:17 am »
Thanks for posting your build up. It looks well balanced.
I'm interested why did you select 5 luck. It's not like it will hep in any critical hits. Is it because of crafting? I thought luck doesn't affect crafting. It's interesting.
One great thing about FOnline Reloaded is that you can have one build that can do most of the things with and forget about alts and focus on game play. I'm sure there are better ones so would like to know if anyone can come up with anything better.

I took 5 LK because its important when it comes to roll vs critical hits. (1LK will make You feel pain from aimed crit hits while 10 give best protection but i didnt want to waste 5 special points for this protection and thats why i took 5 LK)

FOnline: Reloaded is supported by One Alt Crusader :D

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:46:37 am »
I totally understand it, but won't it be interesting to have a character with maximum 8 Endurance and 3 Luck (if your goal is lowering critical hits you take), as we can raise the Special by 2 thanks to the Implants?

Though we don't know how rare modules for augmentation will be :D

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:24:19 am »
I wouldn't count on implants. From what I read implants will be extremely rare so I don't think it makes sense to create a build in that in mind only to be able to buff it with implants after 2 months of playing or so (just a random guess).

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:11 am »
I totally understand it, but won't it be interesting to have a character with maximum 8 Endurance and 3 Luck (if your goal is lowering critical hits you take), as we can raise the Special by 2 thanks to the Implants?

Though we don't know how rare modules for augmentation will be :D

Ofc, it is. I have made this character for testing purpose and i bet that players will  find better builds.

Implants will be rare but not as unique weapons and armors

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 04:08:23 am »
wtf

1 CH and you can hold one companion????

speech is at 30% too....

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 04:49:15 am »
wtf

1 CH and you can hold one companion????

speech is at 30% too....

- Leader with less than 3 Charisma can lead two followers on worldmap.

When it comes to party points, then:
Good Nature trait = 50 pp
1 Charsima = 10 pp
30 Speech = 10 pp
Mentats = 20 pp
Beer = 10 pp

In total 100 pp which is required to grab a companion.

Party points on wiki

Video guide on You Tube - Followers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:55:24 am by DocAN »

Gustlel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 10:15:57 am »
I plan on playing a terrifically unoptimal character focused on crafting.

5 strength, 10 per, 2 end, 3 cha,  10 int, 10 agility, 1 luck.

Small frame, and ???.

Tags?

Well, while the stats might be not bad for a sniper who doesn't plan on seeing frontlines....

Repair, Science, and either (Traps, Small Guns, Doctor, Lockpick, or Small Guns.)

I see that repair, and science are basically pointless tags in the game currently, due to skillbooks allowing for maxing them at less point investment then actually tagging them and leveling them...

But Imma do it anyhow.

I am not going to have enough hitpoints to survive a fight... But at the very least, I can bite someones nether regions very hard, abruptly, and as rudely as I possibly can before I get kicked into the dirt.

More importantly, I don't plan on ever using particularly valuable weapons and armor, carrying good stuff other then crafting materials, and making things on while I am still alive while trying to be social (Or unsocial, in reflection of my characters poor charisma,) sending people on material gathering quests to get valuable things built (I plan on being a dealer that mass produces starting weapons.)

Strike

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:14 am »
Focused on crafting?
With such low strength and small frame which take even more carryweight :/

ST is needed for crafter, PE not so much needed, EN is needed, CH that much you can talk to profession guys, High INT to get skillpoints, 10AG is fine maybe 8-9 enough too and 1LK is enough for crafter.

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:30:41 am »
I plan on playing a terrifically unoptimal character focused on crafting.

5 strength, 10 per, 2 end, 3 cha,  10 int, 10 agility, 1 luck.

Small frame, and ???.

Tags?

Well, while the stats might be not bad for a sniper who doesn't plan on seeing frontlines....

Repair, Science, and either (Traps, Small Guns, Doctor, Lockpick, or Small Guns.)

I see that repair, and science are basically pointless tags in the game currently, due to skillbooks allowing for maxing them at less point investment then actually tagging them and leveling them...

But Imma do it anyhow.

I am not going to have enough hitpoints to survive a fight... But at the very least, I can bite someones nether regions very hard, abruptly, and as rudely as I possibly can before I get kicked into the dirt.

More importantly, I don't plan on ever using particularly valuable weapons and armor, carrying good stuff other then crafting materials, and making things on while I am still alive while trying to be social (Or unsocial, in reflection of my characters poor charisma,) sending people on material gathering quests to get valuable things built (I plan on being a dealer that mass produces starting weapons.)
No point in having 10 PE when you got 1 lk, take this build instead (6 6 6 3 10 8 1), tag fast shot and anything you want but not finesee.
tag small guns, first aid, and outdoorsman, rest you'll get with books.

Perks: Bonus move/Adrealine rush/Quick recoveru 3lvl
6 lvl toughness
9 lvl even tougher
12 lifegiver 15 lifegiver 18 brof 21 living anatomy 24 ac boy

Note: you can even go for 1 charisma, and 8 endurance, charisma is not needed so much anyway with recent changes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:32:57 am by Tomowolf »
In game nick : ****.

Gustlel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 10:47:33 am »
I flat out said I was going sub-optimal on purpose when the fighting starts.

Maybe its pointless.

I chose it because it kinda is.

More importantly, I will never make a high endurance character.
I never have, in any fallout game.

Every. Last. Character. Has has two endurance.

I accept that I can't carry many crafting materials, and I have a reason: It makes it so for a single day, I can try to send newbies on fetch quests while I make full use of my early access to crafting.

Its madness.

Its literally my exact point.

You see.
Being a minmaxer really doesn't interest me.
Ill walk in my undies, and use whatever I have in my hands to allow me carry the wood I need to make mausers, tommyguns, greasguns, and the like.

Its a character that forces me to act out something.
Failing that, something that can be laughed at.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:51:20 am by Gustlel »

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 11:09:40 am »
Well, it will be pointless to make such low enduranced character, you'll just die. A lot.
In game nick : ****.

Fafnir

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:07 am »
You see.
Being a minmaxer really doesn't interest me.
Ill walk in my undies, and use whatever I have in my hands to allow me carry the wood I need to make mausers, tommyguns, greasguns, and the like.

Its a character that forces me to act out something.
Failing that, something that can be laughed at.

I like your style. I'm not a fan of min-maxing too.

Personally, I'm going to play with few friends and likely each of us will have a different role in our group - leader, driver/mechanic, doc, thief, etc. We aren't gonna build PvP monkeys, but something we'll have fun with, while playing PvE and some PvP in a group.

Well, it will be pointless to make such low enduranced character, you'll just die. A lot.

Let him have his fun. He will realize, if that is pointless for him or not.

Strike

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 11:40:06 am »
Different people have different ways to play game.