May 07, 2024, 05:05:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: spoiled caravans  (Read 5000 times)

Strike

Re: spoiled caravans
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 04:17:13 pm »
Ammo seem to be problem, I know this. I used few tons of AP needler ammo, was able to survive few encounters.

If ammo is problem, why don't we use some HH/AC whatever Close Combat builds. Not enough damage? :D

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »
They have enough dmg, the problem is that half of the meelees are trolls with ac and jinxed / tanky builds that do shitty dmg and they also wear troll gear like metal armor and spears ...

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »
Just give caravan master better armor and 600 hp.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 04:54:06 pm »
i think caravan leader will get some armor boost

i made some caravan with 3 players, where 1 was healing leader we did it with some problems but all survived and we finished the caravan

The best thing is all players are doing caravans now while ealier only AFK/boters were using them regulary
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:55:53 pm by DocAN »

VesperCore

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:44 pm »
btw most mmo games have quests and dungeons that can only be done by min 6-8 people in party. But you can get rare loot in these places
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:22:38 pm by VesperCore »

-- http://peacekeepersquad.freeforums.net --

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 01:40:06 pm »
Well the caravans are still too hard and not worth anybody time. It needs to be nerfed atleast 50%. I understand you want it to be challenging but if i have problems with my full implanted character with unique weapons and armors then the problem lies in the caravan design. And dont start with any arguments that you did it with 3 full geared characters, i solo ares daily to farm blueprints and it gives me no problem. So why are caravans 4x harder than fucking ares.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »
There should be various levels of difficulty on caravans, with the way caravans are now as the most difficult. Please don't just gimp these awesome hard caravans because so many people say it's too hard. Look at Ares - it's too hard! Yet Seki showed us how to solo the place. (Good job, Seki).

So i don't want to lose these ultra-difficult caravans altogether, but i agree the way it is now is very very very tough. Example: Venger tried one solo today. He was using a special Avenger minigun and 3xBRD, ready with stimpaks on hotkeys. (Watched Seki's Ares video and been there a few times practicing. Getting better too! Almost cleared the surface solo with an EW sniper). Anyway, 2nd encounter is the robed Colt gang. Venger ran up to 1-hex a target, got 1 burst off and was immediately knocked down and out, his target still standing there. All that training and all his readiness was worthless once Venger was knocked out. Death on 2nd encounter with no kills. Caravan totally lost - enemy took no casualties. (1st enc was 3 scorpions).

This is not exceptional. It is a typical example of how difficult caravans are now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:06:03 pm by Henry »

Mrrrk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 12:22:47 pm »
I agree that caravans were way too easy before, I also agree that they are way too difficult now! By artillery principle, make them something in between please :)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »
If you want easy caravan go to northern towns or make some short runs