May 11, 2024, 10:09:05 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Some details for vendoring  (Read 1825 times)

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Some details for vendoring
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:30 am »
Referring to:

I should change the title to say "Most Vendors".

The other day I was in L.A. and the gun vendor to the right and the general store to the left wouldn't buy anything from me. When I placed any item besides cold hard cash onto the bartering table the money value at the bottom would stay at $0. They wouldn't take stuff even for free.
Since then I've been having this issue with other vendors too. Nobody in the Hub will buy anything from me. The vendor that seems to work the most for me is Jeremiah at Darkwaters general store in Junktown, but even then there is stuff that he won't give a value to or even take for free.  :'(

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

Edit: Whoops lol. Said L.A., meant San Francisco.
for those above i sold avengers, rocket ap, 223 pistols and p90 if i remember right ;)

I want to give some details about what stuff i use for vendoring. first a small example how i proceed. i got a mine (obviously some of them) and so i have tons of upgraded power servos or capacitor batteries. i havent done cash/drugs-runs for quite some time and was curious to see how it went.

yesterday i sold like:
20k batteries to vendors
i got in return:
~1000 psycho
~150k caps
~500 buffout
~300 mentats (pretty good for vendoring with docs out there)
~lots of jets/radaway/radx (also good for vendoring)
~600 super stims
~60 jet antidote (pretty expensive compared to the stuff mentionend above)

how it works?
-> try to gather 100k caps, buy private mine, put 2-3 slaves inside, wait a week and craft batteries (search forum/wiki for private mines)
-> grab a companion (mine had like 30k batteries with him)
-> go to hub
  -> sell some batteries for various other things (laserrifles, drugs, other guns)
  -> with the bought stuff you can now barter with jacob or mitch
-> broken hills vendors also buy lots of batteries
-> sanfrancisco has 6 vendors i visit (3 tanker, 3 downtown) which all want to buy mentats, drugs, batteries, laser rifles, big guns or small guns
-> for the stuff mentioned i have only been in: hub, san francisco, vaultcity, bartender gecko, den and havent even visited all vendors in those towns (and not even had barterskill maxed, just around 64% :) )

i was doing this for like 45 minutes or so and by far havent visited all vendors out there. sometimes vendors stack up pretty crazy for example renesco once had 500k caps. so good luck out there and use companions (no carry weight limit) to speed things up.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Re: Some details for vendoring
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:15 am »
It's really strange, I havent had a problem with npc merchants since lvl 6 or so.......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 12:06:09 pm »
some trades from today..

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 12:14:27 pm »
@batteries
yeah its epic because even after nerfing its price you can still sell it back for even more then private mine cost + tons of stuff however its not important for future since it wont be possible to do after wipe because slave mining will be limited by CW

but still, bartering was always limited by merchant's stock, never by items for selling because alot of items have very high prices, that much stuff at vendors atm is mostly because of low population - almost noone trades with them
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:17:52 pm by Seki »

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 04:57:26 pm »
some trades from today..

How did I never think of getting tons of drugs to trade for caps? Jeez.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?