May 23, 2024, 11:42:15 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players  (Read 24730 times)

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 07:34:52 am »
The problem is in the beginning of the game...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Benjy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:35 am »
Meh, it's quite hard at first I agree. But I read some guides, got my tent and got used to not carrying all my stuff with me all the time. I adapted and now I'm getting somewhere and have savings towards a base n shit.

Sounds like the game developer is doing pretty awesome work all by himself.  People should remember that this shit is free and to not whinge at their developers as if they owe us something.  Feedback makes the game better, don't expect a perfect free game in the meantime

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2013, 12:15:24 pm »
Meh, it's quite hard at first I agree. But I read some guides, got my tent and got used to not carrying all my stuff with me all the time. I adapted and now I'm getting somewhere and have savings towards a base n shit.

Sounds like the game developer is doing pretty awesome work all by himself.  People should remember that this shit is free and to not whinge at their developers as if they owe us something.  Feedback makes the game better, don't expect a perfect free game in the meantime

You absolutely make no sense man.

You should wake up first. You're talking about free game and that there's no point for us to whine/cry/anything.

Can you imagine that you're opening a server?
What do you need?
Well, staff, resources first, obviously...

What do you need next?
People - right!

What brings you people on your server?
That you're special with someting, that people like what they're receiving from playing there, that they're glad if they can spend/relax their time on your server.

-About other million things around such as advertisment, donations etc. is no worth to speak.

Every complanation, no matter how stupid is, is supposed to be DISCUSSED. Then there's up to them, how and in what way they'll explain you if it's possible or not, if it's stupidity or not.

Your experiences are really brilliant and it's really pleasure to read your posts.

I go vomit now,
Regards,
Touched
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:23:06 pm by Touched »
The Almighty Gaylords

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »
So Kilgore you mentioned room on the server for multiple fonlines running at once. Have you ever considered dedicated servers? Something along the lines of Guild Wars 2 where one is for loner and group pve and the other for pvp. TC is similiar to World vs World and you could even open up southern towns for pvp action if the server was dedicated for only that. Maybe introduce some new pvp modes that otherwise wouldnt work on a server catering to both modes.

Just a thought and fully prepared for the flame thats bound to come from this post. Anyway I really have no idea how much work something like this would take but maybe some of the community would be willing to help out.

I just had this crazy vision in my head of gang setting up a small outpost outside of NCR and shelling the city with a howitzer to weaken its defenses before a major battle.Is it even possible to that with this engine? I dont see everyone going for something like that unless it was on a server strictly dedicated to pvp and town control.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2013, 06:27:07 pm »
Wall of misspelled and gramatically incorrect tears here
So what you are saying is that kilgore owes us all because we play the free game he is allowing us to play? Cool story broh
He is keeping the server up through his wallet and/or donations. He is spending his free time making updates he feels will be enjoyed by the majority. How about you create the changes you want yourself, start a FOnline more popular than reloaded, and then go back to your shit talk?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:17 pm »
So Kilgore you mentioned room on the server for multiple fonlines running at once. Have you ever considered dedicated servers? Something along the lines of Guild Wars 2 where one is for loner and group pve and the other for pvp. TC is similiar to World vs World and you could even open up southern towns for pvp action if the server was dedicated for only that. Maybe introduce some new pvp modes that otherwise wouldnt work on a server catering to both modes.

Yeah but I also wrote that I'll be unable to manage and work on two (and more) different FOnline servers at once.
Launching another instance of the server is a piece of cake, but if I do that without any changes and also without a group that manage it, nobody will play on it.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »
Wall of misspelled and gramatically incorrect tears here
So what you are saying is that kilgore owes us all because we play the free game he is allowing us to play? Cool story broh
He is keeping the server up through his wallet and/or donations. He is spending his free time making updates he feels will be enjoyed by the majority. How about you create the changes you want yourself, start a FOnline more popular than reloaded, and then go back to your shit talk?

What the fuck? I'm just saying that it's not easy and that every complanation should be discussed, even if the answer from staff should be ''NO WAY''.

You're pointing out my grammar, but man, you cannot even read a shit.

Start talking bullshits to someone else - who cares.

Thanks.
Touched
The Almighty Gaylords

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
No need for the flaming, I think you got fine backup here Touched. As you point out yourself thieves in towns is a logical thing, respawning suicide bombers in safe towns isn't. Kilgore seemed to agree in his post that it's an exploit so yeah it'll probably be seen to if possible.

I appreciate the effort of Kilgore and his team to make this fun, but I have to disagree with the viability of complete pvp free server - it would split the players and thus both servers would be sparsely populated. And I do believe that the more the merrier. Assholes that prey on nubs exist in all mmo's, it's also a way to break the new guys in. Both good and bad can be said about that. Nonetheless, bombs in main safe town and thus main socializing spot is stupid as fuck.

I wouldnt mind donating a bit by the way, like a 5 euros or so, I'm sure everything counts. How..?

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 09:26:28 am »
Kilgore maybe you can ran server where is Ghost Town like in the end of 2238 was,that would be a good PVP place...
And i'm sure that people would like to play this.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:01 am »
Ghost Town, yea, but such place would need at least one GM to clear items on the ground, doing events (capture the flag comes to my mind) and wipe the server from time to time. Also, it would be nice if it wasn’t just one map, but for example there would be only one town available every day so we would have Modoc on sunday, Den on monday, Broken Hills on tuesday etc.

As you can see it’s a lot of work if you want to keep players coming back.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 10:44:21 am »
Ghost Town, yea, but such place would need at least one GM to clear items on the ground, doing events (capture the flag comes to my mind) and wipe the server from time to time. Also, it would be nice if it wasn’t just one map, but for example there would be only one town available every day so we would have Modoc on sunday, Den on monday, Broken Hills on tuesday etc.

As you can see it’s a lot of work if you want to keep players coming back.
As i remember stuff from ground disapeared automaticly after 30mins,they did it in last update...
I think ghost town would be enough,so players won't be separated...also you can do TC with all this hq shit so that would be another opinion,or remove all locations except NCR (for chit-chat) and Ghost Town...

Angon

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2013, 09:07:34 pm »
Game is much to easy. I play less than month and i have got everything that i can. Only thing that i can do now is testing new builds to own in pvp and find gang to do pvp. Exping char from 0-24 is 5 days for the guy who is just started to play and about 1 day when u exp alt. It should be harder in every aspect  :)

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2013, 09:11:46 pm »
Game is much to easy. I play less than month and i have got everything that i can. Only thing that i can do now is testing new builds to own in pvp and find gang to do pvp. Exping char from 0-24 is 5 days for the guy who is just started to play and about 1 day when u exp alt. It should be harder in every aspect  :)
Well if you think you are good enough,go try Ares alone,enclave alone and then you will see...

Angon

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »
Why alone, when that are locations for group? I killed some mutants at ares alone, but there are to many to clear the ground site, and don't know what is in bunker. Generaly making end-game character is very easy, and gathering gold/equipment also. Fact, that some PvE locations are a bit harder doesn't mean the whole game is hard:)

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
Why alone, when that are locations for group? I killed some mutants at ares alone, but there are to many to clear the ground site, and don't know what is in bunker. Generaly making end-game character is very easy, and gathering gold/equipment also. Fact, that some PvE locations are a bit harder doesn't mean the whole game is hard:)
Cause as an roleplayer you don't have always group?...
I did Ares alone many times even surface level isn't problem,just if you use brain and good tactic...)