May 06, 2024, 07:54:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Ideas for new Special Encounters and items  (Read 3853 times)

Grimnir

• View Profile
Ideas for new Special Encounters and items
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:10:09 pm »
I just registered here to post this idea, well I might have other reasons later for registering but for now it is just this I have to get off my mind. So this is my first post as well. And yes my main char name is the same.

Since I presume all Sneak builds has constantly been in a nerfed decline since the birth of the first iteration of Fallout Online I think some really rare items should counter this. The reasons rare items should counter this is of course that items can get lost, so that there is no magic recipe for doing a perfect sneak build.

The idea is for these two items:

1. Create an infinite melee weapon (no cond/ammo) that outshines all the others. Something like a Master Sword (possibly ranged also if you want to stay true to lending lore from Zelda) or an Excalibur in the vicinity of 1k base damage.
Basically a weapon that does so much damage it can 1-hit tanks easily.
A player wielding it will be vulnerable of course since nobody would risk such a rare item in a place where they can be killed by the mates of the target just afterwards and lose it. This would also make faction play and co-operation in general more important to counter a sneak with this item.
Make it extremely rare.
Make the encounter something like a sword drawn from a stone somewhere random in the wastes.

2. Make a special sneak robe (or enable sneak on Bridgekeeper's).
Some ideas for what it should have: Stats that boosts sneak skill, that it enables the wearer to actually breach the normal sneak sight threshold and stand in the adjacent hex completely without being seen by a player no matter what PER, and/or that it enables the wearer to engage in combat without breaking sneak.
This would have to be even more rare.

Just some ideas. Are they possible and desirable to implement?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:11:53 pm by Grimnir »

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: Ideas for new Special Encounters and items
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:58:30 pm »
sneaks are good, this is a bad suggestion

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:04:33 am »
Your first argument is not so much of a good idea dude. If sneaks had access to 1 hit weapons (which is already beginning to sound OP) then this server would collapse just like Ashes of Phoenix and for the same reason. Melee sneaks are not that great this session or, if I dare say, any previous session. The only possibility where they will come ontop is in a 1 v 1 situation, but then again a motion sensor will easily overcome the situation before you can even swing that cattle prod!

However I really am interested in your second point. I don't know if sneaking is affected by standard robes but I do believe I spotted you a bit more easily in game while you were wearing them. Then again I do have high perception on my sneaker,  Moloch. Anyhow the best armor for a sneak is leather armor Mark 2 because it's the best defence and remains sneak viable. Having a sneak version of a bridgekeepers robe would be pretty cool to have, but I would only nerf the robe a bit to include the ability to sneak in it. Having a sneak being able to sneak around with what basically is a robe with stats better than a combat armor Mark 1 would be devastating, especially with what current sneaks can already do.

Also, I want to give you a pat on the back for making a melee sneak! Not many have stepped into that uncharted territory before, might have to see what I can come up with.

Edit: After rereading the second argument, I have to agree with Sharky. The ability to increase perception range already with a really game breaking robe that you have whipped up will be too much and destroy the game. Adding to the fact that the base minimum sneak spotting range is 3 hex it is no reason to have such OP robe! In whatever case, only being able to be spotted 1 hex away is awful in both theory and in game application. Though I have to admit that the ability to remain in sneak could be applied to certain weapons, maybe if they were silenced?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:22:21 am by zekromo 👑 »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:22:31 am »
2. Make a special sneak robe (or enable sneak on Bridgekeeper's).
Different server, same idea.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:34:19 am »
Sneak robes: why not?

Master weapon: too op and never happen. This sounds like "game masters magic" :)
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:02:37 pm »
Sneaks absolutely do not need any buffs. They are ok as it is and melee sneaks are already powerful 1v1. You're suggestions would completely destroy balance on this server. Sneaks used to be able to 1 hex people with p90s and it was removed for a reason. Things should not be added just because "lol 1hit kill Zelda sword, that sounds cool" you need to put more thought into it than that.  :facepalm
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:05:26 pm by Beer »

Grimnir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 09:05:38 pm »
The idea about an Excalibur would kind of stay true to the lore of the original games (that lended lore from alot of other games and movies) in the case of the Special Encounter in F2 where the knights looking for the Holy Hand Grenade are definitely hinting towards the legend of Arthur and his round table. Having an Excalibur next to that would fit perfectly.

Solaire

• if only i could be so grossly incandescent...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:34:46 pm »
Artifacts like holy hand granade?
Maybe"pandoras soda can"(as mine)
"Leonaidas spear"
"Atenas mighty shot"(as special one barreled 24gauge shotgun)
Some aditional shitt like that would make this game even funnier
Coz its such a shame that we have only special legendary granade :P(wich actualy was one of the best worms weaponXD)

Praise the sun !!!

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:45:08 am »
The way I see it, an excalibur-esque weapon could work if it were reworked to fit fallout cannon and then possibly made into a T4 melee weapon. Of course the current description of your sword is extremely game breaking.

However, I do propose that we bring the shishkebab as a melee weapon.

A melee sword that can deal fire damage?

Yes, primarily because only 2 weapons - Incinerator and Solar Scorcher - get a bonus from both pyromaniac perks, plus if melee does get reworked somehow post wipe, then this weapon would be amazing to use on a melee character; I could even stretch it to say it could possibly give way to pvp melee sneaks if it was not for those darn motion sensors.

As for stats, I am unsure what would be viable for a weapon like this. From the top of my head a decent damage output would be, with both pyromaniac perks, comparable to the base damage of an incinerator:

Damage: 60 - 90      Damage with both pyromaniac perks: 100 - 130
AP cost: 4AP, but considering that this weapon could be damaging, a possibility of having 5AP cost to compensate for both power and weight of weapon is a possibility.
Damage type: Fire
Ammo: I argue that it should use flamer fuel and its stronger variant, flamer fuel mark 2. Or maybe a new ammo type has to be made, in which case just gasolene cans could be used, or something similar.
Ammo Cap: Holding 10 charges before needing to be refuelled.
Weapon perk: Most likely to be flameboy; imagine scoring the final hit with the shishkebab and watching your foe burst into flames.   
Str requirement: 5
Type: 1 handed

Of course it is a rough idea for a weapon, and open to discussion.

Sorry for bombarding your thread Grim, just got the idea  ;)

#MakeReloadedGreatAgain

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Fantastic

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 08:54:19 am »
I'm all for more melee weapons and definitely more fire-based weapons.

I believe the current meta with melee weapons leaves something to be desired and I feel like it can be much more fleshed out.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:42 am »
I'm all for more melee weapons and definitely more fire-based weapons.

I believe the current meta with melee weapons leaves something to be desired and I feel like it can be much more fleshed out.

Flamer pistols for sneaks  ;) ;D
Seriously though, a flamer pistol would be quite nice to implement into the server, not to mention the shishkebab idea.
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:48 am »
I could even stretch it to say it could possibly give way to pvp melee sneaks
And here is a quote from kilgore and why reloaded will always be best server
"We want sneak as support skill used only for scouting and less effective weapons and it will be nerfed until we get that effect."

Everytime i get worried because people talk about combat sneak buffs i look at it to make me feel good again lol

As for shishkabob, you should remember melee perks will also effect it not only pyromaniac perks. But even if it is powerful enough to kill in just a few hits its not much different from flamer or megapowerfist melee build where you just have to run away because if you get hit you die without chance of escape. Also it would need graphics made for it and that is always the biggest problem nobody thinks of when suggesting new items.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 09:55:18 am »
I could even stretch it to say it could possibly give way to pvp melee sneaks
Everytime i get worried because people talk about combat sneak buffs i look at it to make me feel good again lol
Same reason I am putting up the suggestion  ;)

As for model sprite, I already took that into account which is why the suggestion is a concept to be developed upon. But damn, sneaks should only be scouts? I am offended, but again I wont complain about that after witnessing AoP. Either way I am happy with the good old .223 pistol/gauss pistol  :)

R.I.P p90 1 hex sneaks, gone and should be forgotten.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:02:52 am by zekromo 👑 »
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 10:12:59 am »
Haha i was just about to mention the AoP sneakpocalypse of 2016.

At least guass pistol sneak is super fun and good though. I had one last season and loved it.

You are right about it being just a concept for discussion but since that usually is one of the biggest problems i figured id throw the graphic issue out there. Idk to be lazy maybe ripper graphics would work.

Grimnir

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 11:03:55 am »
Shishkebab might work but as I said I would prefer the weapon to be truly infinite and indestructible.
If any, the weapon perk should be Piercing.
Be inspired by the Divine Rapier of DotA. :) Something like that.
One-handed of course, so sneakable.

As for the sneak robe, or maybe a Chinese Stealth Suit (so it is canonical), it should of course be desneaked just as usual if hit by something, so that motion sensor + hex shooting with grenades will be best revealing option for a squad going up against it.

See these two in combination and it would be like those Chinese Stealth units in F3 Anchorage add-on, with the Chinese Officer Swords. So, very canonical indeed.
San Francisco and the commies could even have something to do with the Special Encounter where it features.
Like, maybe a stranded Chinese submarine? Would be awesome.