May 12, 2024, 07:47:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Implants - Public Discussion/Suggestion  (Read 14008 times)

BB.

• View Profile
Re: Implants - Public Discussion/Suggestion
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
 :D Kelin ;p

You are all talking like if you didn't know what TC was. Go get some towns already. And if you are too weak/have too small team you can take it early during a day/late at night, not at the "big PvP time"...

P.S. I was never a jew ingame, rather opposite, you know that, dude. :P

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 11:36:18 pm »
No, I always remember you having power armor in combination with a double nemean character in almost every battle, are my memories wrong? You tell me...

PS: Go get towns already? What would be the point if nobody came, I have no interest in "having" a town, for me TC is like a pvp beacon, nothing more nothing less.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:41:31 pm by Kelin »

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:25 pm »
Omg badboy you such a clown take your 0dr no implant character and get your ass outta here.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 12:10:03 am »
1+ I agree with implants being gone
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 07:38:06 am »
I need more discussion and less forum pvp here.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 08:06:01 am »
I think its funny that BBS who had all towns forever are the ones saying they don't have implanted chars. Jk I know some of you make new chars/can't use BBS alts etc.

But really I don't think this suggestion thread will make much difference either way. Kilgore will change it if he wants to but I've seen him make 1 change that affected PvP at all to this session in months and months(tiny tpr nerf). So I think its unlikely since he only focuses on next session it seems(and I rather he just work on next session instead of worrying about this one which is dead anyways). IMO suggestions area should be closed until next session starts since the only thing that happens here is forum PvP like this thread and noobs suggesting things already in game or that are terrible ideas suggested 1000 times before.

But I guess to make this post relevant... Sure make implants 1 cap each. But if you do that then you must also make hpa and bozars and vindicators 1 cap each at all vendors and have infinite of each at all vendors if your goal is to make it fair without gear mattering in fights. At least there will be no more reno bluesuits or shitty tactics and running like chickens because people only care about taking towns to get implants and not dying to save their loot. Maybe people will finally PvP for fun. Or don't and keep it how it is. I've been playing this long with server like this so won't bother me either way.

Though if you do make this change wipe better be very soon because I can guarantee most people will get bored and quit the server that has nothing to lose and nothing to gain since everyone has everything. There is no appeal in playing with no loot reward to many of the loot hamsters that play this server. And new players will stop joining server as well. Which is significant. Many have started PvP since all the big factions left the server.
If wipe is still far away though... Better to save this idea for later imo as it will destroy appeal for new players and what little progression there is left for them this late in the session.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:13:08 am by Beer »

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015, 10:27:39 am »
Whats there to discuss? Everythings been said and almost everyone thinks its a good idea except one implant advantage abuser.
What could possibly go wrong?

Though if you do make this change wipe better be very soon because I can guarantee most people will get bored and quit the server that has nothing to lose and nothing to gain since everyone has everything. There is no appeal in playing with no loot reward to many of the loot hamsters that play this server. And new players will stop joining server as well. Which is significant. Many have started PvP since all the big factions left the server.
If wipe is still far away though... Better to save this idea for later imo as it will destroy appeal for new players and what little progression there is left for them this late in the session.
Hamster can always gather power armors and rare shit and why the fuck would new players stop joining? Have new players stopped joining when blueprints became buyable through dialogue option? Also dont tell me you really think that any of newcomers have got any chance to obtain any type of valuable implant,if there wasnt for tc lockers and reno/wh locker then maybe,in current situation? dont be silly.
Rares are whole different story because they can be looted,implants cant.
Also youre saying this session is "dead anyway" while talking about people quitting and not being motivated enough,better make up your mind.

Keep in mind that this is NOT for bbs,almost everyone in bbs have access to implanted characters and its better for us if enemies dont have them.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015, 11:32:31 am »
Your only arguments (all who approve that change) are that 1) you need implants to have fair PvP and 2) can't get enough of them (so you could implant any character you want), but both are absurd, as you are doing nothing ingame to change that. Instead, you create a useless topic saying "give me free implants and not make a forum war here", but if anyone gives a reason against it, you would just tell him to get lost. So mature. :D I'm not suprised at all with Kilgore's reaction.

I have no interest in "having" a town
Then stop crying about not having implants/power armors and play for fun instead of writing in such topics. As a side note - yes, your memories are wrong, as half of time in Amboy Dukes I've been playing without a single Nemean. First one got from Pinkie and got more implants from friends, just because I've been always sharing stuff with them. You never did, so you didn't get one.

Adams, butthurt more. ;)

P.S. Beer made a nice point.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:36:09 am by BB. »

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015, 12:10:05 pm »
This is supposed to be a temporary solution till the wipe strikes.
BB. i told you to get lost because yous acting like a spoiled child and werent honest.

Knuckle

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »
Hey Adams,

Sorry brother I didn't read it entirely man,

Then I totally agree with this temporary solution. At this state in the game everyone has got there fair share of wealth to balance this out I think that they should be buyable and with this idea and solution I think that maybe we will see more PVP and more people returning to actually play.

It will also make people want to sell there rare items more to get caps to actually buy implants and thus more balance has been made I totally agree wit this. This is actually a great idea and I think that it should be put into the game.

At the end of the day the caps are not giving the implants out for free, players can buy them and maybe this will make people wish to do town control more aswell to get loot from tc lockers.

But 100% game for the removal of implants (from my experience I enjoyed this game more when there wasn't any)

This next section is at Beer
Don't mean to disrespect you beer but I'm sorry you obviously didn't play 2238? at the end of the session when you could level up a char with npc and go straight into battle with free loot? and obviously you have not played in a GM event? where everything is free people play for hours and hours, you made no sense with this there will be no endless fucking waiting on wm waiting for enemy to spawn.

Leave it there this suggestion is very good from Acosta its nice to actually see someone come up with a great idea and I think that Kilgore should do this to balance out the server! and most of community has agreed with it, Kilgore also knows its a good idea from being a pvper himself I think he can understand and respect the unbalance in PVP.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:52:00 pm by Knuckle »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2015, 03:55:07 pm »
From what I've picked up on is that Kilgore never meant to make implants so easy to get and never meant for them to be so powerful. Mearly a slight char change.
EASY?! Who are YOU kidding?!?!

Yeah, it's too hard to get those implants while standing in Hub. Kilgore, do something!

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »
Whats there to discuss? Everythings been said and almost everyone thinks its a good idea except one implant advantage abuser.
What could possibly go wrong?

Hamster can always gather power armors and rare shit and why the fuck would new players stop joining? Have new players stopped joining when blueprints became buyable through dialogue option? Also dont tell me you really think that any of newcomers have got any chance to obtain any type of valuable implant,if there wasnt for tc lockers and reno/wh locker then maybe,in current situation? dont be silly.
Rares are whole different story because they can be looted,implants cant.
Also youre saying this session is "dead anyway" while talking about people quitting and not being motivated enough,better make up your mind.

Keep in mind that this is NOT for bbs,almost everyone in bbs have access to implanted characters and its better for us if enemies dont have them.
Blueprints aren't the same as getting all implants and top loot for nothing. And once something loses its rarity the hamsters will feel no need to stockpile it because it is easy to get and plentiful. As Kilgore says, once something can be bought it is no longer rare. So for a new player when rare items are not rare and implants are everywhere he will get them all and get the wrong idea probably. Think that this game is too easy and he has already done it all. At least that is what I would think.

But yes new players can get all implants if they join a competitive tc faction. Look at every noob that joins UV. Also others in other factions including mine. And yes the server is dead in the sense that most real PvP players have been gone for a while now. There are still small groups basically just UV (with bunch of new players for more numbers) a couple pistoleros (with bunch of new players for more numbers) and some amboys (with only a few new guys and small numbers because there is not much recruiting).

Hpa adds a lot and I'm tired of fighting people who do shitty tactics and shitty fights only for loot. After you kill someone they wait til he despawns then grab all his loot and armor and run wm so they don't lose anything. If you are same numbers they run away until they have twice your number so they can't lose. They wait til they are 15 and you have already started fighting with a different team and backstab so that they can take all loot. If everything was common it would hopefully end that shit and there would be more fair fun fights.

I'm not saying it is a terrible idea and shouldn't happen. I'm just saying server should not be left in this state for long periods of time. But my opinion is just my opinion and doesn't really matter anyways. Only kilgores does since he is only one that can change it. I'm just calling it as I see it. And like I said in my other post, the comment about BBS I was kidding.

blasma

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 05:18:59 pm »
gut idea, +1 points/support/thing
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:21:59 pm by blasma »
"i join amboy because have big ppl, ultra violence have small ppl" -Shever 2014

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 06:14:58 pm »
Waiting for...   :D
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

KestreL

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 06:23:16 pm »
Point was put out there. Take the rest to Forum PvP.

Thanks for spamming my suggestion.

Not much more to add. Some people like their advantage, some want the advantage. Some fight for it, others cry for it. years have passed some players have gained implants and became powerful, while other players join server and get a build that is servearly handicapped.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:26:10 pm by Aco »