May 07, 2024, 09:44:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Help with a PVE/farmign char  (Read 4243 times)

Zamolxes

• View Profile
Help with a PVE/farmign char
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »
I want a PVE character that will be able to take on various encounters and PVE content, better than my crafter at least. I'll be using it in treasure hunting, but that is not its main goal. After reading various posts and builds, I'm thinking something along these lines:

5 - 8 - 8 - 1 - 5 - 10 - 4
Fastshot = Smallframe
SG, DOC and OUT
 A-RUSH, Q-Poc, Even Tougher, LG, LG, BroF, LG, Man of Steel

Now I know luck doesn't do much since this ain't a crit build, but I'm hoping it will help with some critical misses/weapon jams I seem to encounter lately. So it would be a better idea do drop luck to 1 and use those 3 points, 2 in END and one in STR and switch q-pock for stonewall maybe? Or some other perk?

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
Re: Help with a PVE/farmign char
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »
My char already 33 lvl, all-purpose-sg-farmer.
S 5
P 8
E 10
C 1
I 3
A 10
L 3

Tags: SG,FA,DOC
Traits:Small Frame,Bonehead
Perks: adrealine rush, bonus move, even tougher, lifegiver, lifegiver, brof, mrd, man of steel

Can do things such as:
Spoiler: show

I didnt see better build against enclave/ncr army/bounty hunters.
ATM trying to farm desert hunters, but they got adrealine rush perk built in and scarry resists to all.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »
My opinion is never take Quick Pockets...never man, it's really not worth it.
Lowering luck to 1 can be quiet harsh for your char, but it's your choice...I would not risk it. Eventually you can lower it to 3, but no less. Lower Int. to 4 cause it gives still quiet nice ammount of SP and put one point from luck and one from int to end. You can lower perception to seven and use cigs too. Same with AG and using nuka.
GUN FOR HIRE

Zamolxes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:08:09 pm »
@ Ion
I saw your post on another thread, I used your build as a start-up. I don't like bonehead since it seems to be more of a pvp thing, wanted fast shot to lower Ap on my bursts and small frame for extra agility. Yes, I won't be carrying so much, but pack rat and carry weight help a lot, plus I'm a very paranoic person, I don't trek around with valuable loot, I immediately stop and deposit it in a safe house, that's why I built so many. I didn't tag FA because it can be raised with books, and worst case scenario I can eat stimpacks, but there are no books for doc and OUT is very important, for me at least, hate getting dragged into other people encounters and getting killed.

I'm thinking to actually drop DOC for BG, I think I saw Henry somewhere recommending the M60 with the JHP ammunition, I'd definitely like a bit of variety in a PVE build.

Like your perks though, I'll be using that.

@ Mad
I'm a very poor newb, only started last week, so using chems is a bit out of my means, I have 7 cigs packs and 2 cola in a week of play hehe. Your recommendation is to lower LCK and INT and got for 10 END ? Interesting, I might have to do that, health is nice. Saw your Q-P opinion on other threads too hehehehe, that's why I put Q-P in questioning.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:13:10 pm by Zamolxes »

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:19:23 pm »
@ Ion
I saw your post on another thread, I used your build as a start-up. I don't like bonehead since it seems to be more of a pvp thing, wanted fast shot to lower Ap on my bursts and small frame for extra agility. Yes, I won't be carrying so much, but pack rat and carry weight help a lot, plus I'm a very paranoic person, I don't trek around with valuable loot, I immediately stop and deposit it in a safe house, that's why I built so many. I didn't tag FA because it can be raised with books, and worst case scenario I can eat stimpacks, but there are no books for doc and OUT is very important, for me at least, hate getting dragged into other people encounters and getting killed.

I'm thinking to actually drop DOC for BG, I think I saw Henry somewhere recommending the M60 with the JHP ammunition, I'd definitely like a bit of variety in a PVE build. You can't get dragged into another people's encounters (so far I hadn't any encounter like that)

Like your perks though, I'll be using that.

Bonehead just saves you against ko's which are deadly, stims take 5 aps in tb, fa takes only 3, it's a perfect build for farming, died like 3 or so times on it. The loot isn't valuable so much, i stack it at base after 1-2 encounters. Fast shot doesn't work with bursts.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:26:06 pm by Ion Cannon »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »
For farming and general TB PvE I'd recommend 6 IN for swift learner and dismantler perk, max science with books, etc. Very beneficial for a farming build. You can always reroll it at higher level and lower IN as well.

+1 on max first aid, especially with pretty short timers.

Unless you're switching weapons constantly or spamming rockets quick pockets isn't worth much.

Otherwise it'll probably suit your needs just fine.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »
Well then you need to get somehow that int, and dropping to 1lk makes you unable to farm enclave solo - you'll get bypasses for 130~~ hps each turn.

Zamolxes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »
@ Win_Drift I already have a crafter alt that has that, I see no point in getting science and dismantler on this char...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:09:39 pm »
Erm, but you know you can craft cigs. and nuka cola in really big amounts?
GUN FOR HIRE

Zamolxes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »
@ Matt
No I didn't :(, I'm guessing that tobacco farm that I passed on the way to Frisco might have something to do with it.

Quick question: I tagged SG and BG, should I take weapon handling as my 1st perk, instead of A-rush?

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
Well then you need to get somehow that int, and dropping to 1lk makes you unable to farm enclave solo - you'll get bypasses for 130~~ hps each turn.

Never suggested such a thing lol, why assume I did?

If you already have dismantler on another char, great. Someone else reading may not.

:)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »
@ Matt
No I didn't :(, I'm guessing that tobacco farm that I passed on the way to Frisco might have something to do with it.

Quick question: I tagged SG and BG, should I take weapon handling as my 1st perk, instead of A-rush?

Cigs: Go to Tabbaco Farm, gather Tabbaco and put every batch of 20 leaves in machine, use science and after few secs get brand new 10 cigs.
Nuka Cola: Go to Gas Station near New Reno or Abandoned Theme Park, find Nuka Cola Machine put there 20 fruits and 10 bottles/water bags filled with water, use science, wait few secs and take brand new 10 nuka cola.

You can put more, but eacht bath will give you only 10 final products so you need to use science again, and repeat it until you get destination ammount of items.

That way you have temporary (30mins) point in AG and PE. With time if you gather them, you can replace these "drugs" with implants. Even if not, still it's quiet easy to obtain theme as you can see...just need to do some lil' scavenging & crafting.
These 2 points you can put in any other SPECIAL. Even if you don't mind, still getting free +1 to PE from cigs is always good idea. There's no such a thing as too much Perception   ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »
nah, don't do it, it's a waste of time.
Craft gunpowder with any alt.
Get 3lvl 120-150~~barter alt (10int, skilled) and sell for caps in cities
Buy 100 cigs for 10k buy 100 cola for 10k, craft few lighters and be happy.
Alt is the way.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »
For me faster way was crafting that shit my way, but it can be done as Ion Cannon said too. In this game is always more than one way to achieve something.
GUN FOR HIRE