May 02, 2024, 02:20:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Community of FOnline  (Read 21907 times)

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: The Community of FOnline
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 07:42:05 am »
Was FOnline 2238 available in 2008? I always think it started in August 2009 as open close. Well nice topic, nice history of the FOnline itself.

Community would change if we wanted it. But we do not want. Even simple shoot on sight makes this toxic behavior. Yayayaya, wasteland blablabla harsh, noob go play hello shitty, blabla.

Never ending trolling and toxic... Grab this all toxic and throw away to Toxic Caves.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 07:43:38 am »
I'm not for or against it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Fuck you, deal with it." mentality of the community is kind of what keeps a decent amount of players away from playing FOnline.

oddleif

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 08:52:49 am »
Agree with reaven, training, helping and showing the wastes to freshmeat since 2238 gives me hope we all can enjoy this mess a little longer. =P

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 09:26:11 am »
Well, I've done it many many times...but it's sad seeing dead tents of those who stop playing after I done so much to teach them...

What about wastes, I was just killed while I was in forced enco with my car.
Thx Baker0....
GUN FOR HIRE

Phyne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:40 pm »
I'll chime in as a noobie who got cleaned out by Necrosis yesterday.

You're gonna find toxic communities in every game. I dont think thats an issue. The big problem I see is that you're unable to avoid getting killed by other players at the start of the game. There's no amount of skill you can possess to fend off a dude with a rocket launcher that wants to kill you. Compare this to dark souls or something where if you die, its your own fault. In this, you're still trying to figure out the basics of the game while getting steamrolled by other players. If youre gonna tell me to run around in town doing fetch quests, then that right there is the reason nobody sticks around. The first thing I did was start running around in the wastes because that's more fun. And I was promptly murdered. Several times.

Now I wouldnt want to request anything be changed, because the brutality of the game is what makes it so refreshing. Just figured I'd throw in my viewpoint.

Other than that, this is one of the most fun online experiences I've had in a while playing with a couple friends. See you guys around. Ill be the one doing the murdering soon.

2238mudcrab

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 05:02:50 am »
I still remember OBT3 start in August 15th of 2009. :D I was eagerly waiting in a Steam chat room with people from 4chan who referred to themselves as "Bros". I had no idea what 4chan was at the time. In the beginning there were 600-800 players on average everyday. The first time the server got up the lags were terrible and rollbacks were plenty. It took a couple of days to fix this mess but after that it was golden. Actually Bros were pretty big in the very early days, they terrorized the server and the innocent NMA* roleplayers. They had two things going for them: numbers (there was like 30 of them active non-stop) and no established meta. Around the end of september when meta started crystallizing (drugged BG tanks ofc), it was too much for Bros and their short attention span. Keeping up with the builds, doing all the calculations, making a dozen of alts, that was too much and they got back to their japanesu graphic novels. By the end of september their reign was well finished, some remnants still play to this day but they dissolved among many different factions. A Czech gang called VSB was also active around this time, they lasted much longer but they vanished eventually as well. I don't remember when BBS founded but I remember a long-lasting reign with ALL the towns captured.

*No Mutants Allowed forums had a 2238 section for a while, they took it down after the first wipe I believe. There was a lot of rage there about "Fonline not being Fallout". Today it would be a goldmine for stories and screenshots, I don't know if they still have it in the archives.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 03:33:27 am »
For better or worse, FOnline Reloaded is one of the most hardcore MMOs I've found. I've met a lot of people, taught a lot, and made surprising friendships... or just temporary alliances. As one of the few White Knight players in the game (and also one of the dirtiest - I'm saving that for the next issue of The Weekly Charge) I like to think I make this game a friendlier place.

What do you think, dedne?

Dende

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 03:46:15 am »
For better or worse, FOnline Reloaded is one of the most hardcore MMOs I've found. I've met a lot of people, taught a lot, and made surprising friendships... or just temporary alliances. As one of the few White Knight players in the game (and also one of the dirtiest - I'm saving that for the next issue of The Weekly Charge) I like to think I make this game a friendlier place.

What do you think, dedne?
Wow lash your one of my biggest fans so far. Even tho i killed you more times then you killed me.
My name always seems to end up seems to always end up in your mouth. And making cute nicknames for me.
OGG R SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 08:01:16 am »
*No Mutants Allowed forums had a 2238 section for a while, they took it down after the first wipe I believe. There was a lot of rage there about "Fonline not being Fallout". Today it would be a goldmine for stories and screenshots, I don't know if they still have it in the archives.

I do not know about NMA archives but still you can read 2238 archives in fodev forums http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/board,55.0.html ;) Good old times, I only wonder what happen with 2238 game masters like Izual, Surf Solar. I do not see them anymore, about devs some of them are still active but what do they do? That is the question.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 11:22:01 am »
Izual Eyes are still watching.

SwarmOfSeagulls

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 06:14:15 pm »
Awful lota honkies in here......

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 10:54:32 pm »
That's right. And we'll run off any spook we meet.

SwarmOfSeagulls

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 07:17:45 am »
Good....i dont like ghosts....

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 09:00:59 am »
Izual are you here? :D

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »
i think what some folks conflate as racism, is actually nationalism.
both suck.
especially in the days of the "internets".
i would have to say that a lot of the "nationism" on this site is from my fellow countrymen from the USA.
the majority of which, have never been outside of their own country.
i am willing to bet that in a country like indonesia, 250,000,000 souls, have more passports than americans.
not per-capita, just pure numbers.

in america, if its not on the TV, it didn't happen.
donald trump is on the TV.
has been for decades.
once the barrier between news and truth was knocked down in the USA, in the 90's, foul folks like him were given power.
rupert murdoch created newscorp (fox news).
newscorp has been sued many times for lying.
and won every lawsuit with the defense of not being news, but opinion.

fox and trump are not buddies.
but fox created the toxic environment that permitted trump to prevail.
it took decades, but here is america, in this election cycle.
thanks fox news.
 :facepalm
careful what you fucking wish for america.

another american tradition is to shoot what you don't agree with.
i sure hope this doesn't happens to trump.
i hope he will do it to himself.
at least i have hope.
while his foot is in his own mouth, i can only pray he shoots himself in the foot.
and misses.
but not by much.

that boy scares the absolute fuck out of me.
the thought of such a small minded person having the launch codes to america's vast insane arsenal, should scare the fuck out of all reasonable human beings on the planet.

after the 2004 american election, the headline for the london times was..... HOW CAN 50MILLION PEOPLE BE SO STUPID.
i never want to hear that again.
anyway, sorry to get political in my countries upcoming election.
but...
when america farts, everyone smells it.
and if you think the racism is bad in this community now, wait if trump wins.
at least seth macfarlane's racisms are satire and try to make fun at absurd shit, but at least seth points this bullshit out while showing how absurd it is.
and not use it as way to get power.
only ratings.
just like the donald.
SETH MACFARLANE FOR PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD!!!!
seth would be better than trump, but not as good as many others.

rant concluded.
time to kill some NPC, loot their stuff, and make more caps, to buy some implants.
enjoy folks.
c_hieter