May 02, 2024, 07:34:29 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 22/09/2013  (Read 23421 times)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 22/09/2013
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 07:59:27 pm »
Armors are fine as they are, leave them alone. Finaly more guns do some serious damage.
Weapons were buffed because they were too weak, so now you want changes in armors to counter more deadly weapons, please...

Give this man a medal.

Hodor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »

Typical reactionary rebels..... Send in the army..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:33:06 am by Hodor »

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2013, 01:19:57 pm »
Wow p90 has far too much ammo now
Ima start making uniques :D
How did it go from 36 to 60 with a damage buff in one week?
Meh who gives a fuck, 5 bursts a turn here i come  8) :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:24:48 pm by Sir Craftkid »

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »
Changelog 22/09/2013
- Fixed a bug with One Hander adding +5 damage when using two-handed weapons.
How did you fix it?
I see that +5 to two handed was removed, but I see no bonus to the damage when using one handed weapon.
Did you just remove +5 dmg? The whole point of taking One Hander is +5 damage bonus.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »
Changelog 22/09/2013
How did you fix it?
I see that +5 to two handed was removed, but I see no bonus to the damage when using one handed weapon.
Did you just remove +5 dmg? The whole point of taking One Hander is +5 damage bonus.

Wow what a load of crap. Only few ppl know about that +5 dmg bug and for sure it isn't most of those who take that trait.

One hander give only bonus hitchance and - for twohanded no bonus dmg

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »
It wasn't a bug you moron, stop being so rude and misinformed in every one of your posts.

The code was put in place and the +5 damage was intended for One Handed weapons if you have the One Hander perk, by the 2238 developers. This is the exact same as Fast Shot having a hidden +5 damage bonus and Heavy Handed giving a hidden +2 melee damage (these two exist in Reloaded and have existed for a long time in 2238, much like the abandoned line of One Hander code, for anyone wondering).

The oversight in the code was not that it was there in the first place, it was meant to be there, it was that an exclamation mark was missing and it flagged +5 damage for Two Handed weapons by accident instead of One Handed, reading the code for 10 seconds could tell you this. Fixing the bug would have been moving the +5 damage bonus to One Handed weapons, instead what happened was a removal of an entire line of code, a feature if you will.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 05:29:49 pm by Nark »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »
Changelog 22/09/2013
How did you fix it?

Wow what a load of crap. Only few ppl know about that +5 dmg bug and for sure it isn't most of those who take that trait.

One hander give only bonus hitchance and - for twohanded no bonus dmg

If you ever read description of one-hander you could know that +5 dmg should be included in the package for one-handed weapons (attempt to implement that was done in the 2238... ).

The bug was that those 5 dmg were going to TWO-HANDED weapons instead of ONE-HANDED weapon.

The 20% accuracy bonus is good only if you are crafter (or some other) alt that doesn't want to tag any of combat skills (e.g if you have 70% unarmed just from your base SPECIAL you can get 90% unarmed/melee/close combat hit chance with one-hander, so you can kill some rats).

I took one-hander only because of +5 dmg.
Since we have no level limit and there are almost no 50 hex range one-handed gun (well gauss pistol is rare, so I don't count it) - one-hander without dmg bonus is a waste of trait.

You're welcome.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:47 pm »
One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons, but two-handed weapons cause a problem.
Seriously i don't see where is one thing about that damage bonus.

Anyway that bonus if it worked like from fast shot and living anatomy then its only 5 dmg what can't be multiplied even if crits occur.

One hander was used mostly by gauss pistolers in 2238, but looking at this right now, yes you have right that bonus could make sense now.

For me it was still bug because there was no real information that it was planned like that.

Nark

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »
It's exactly the same as Heavy Handed not indicating its melee damage bonus in the description, and Fast Shot not saying it gives +5 damage.

It's there, it's just hidden. One Hander is meant to have +5 damage (exactly like Fast Shot's, +5 added on to the final damage and not multiplied by crits) for One Handed weapons only. The only bug in the code was that an exclamation mark was missing and it flagged it for Two Handed weapons, that simple.

In the end it's up to Kilgore if he wants to remove it instead of fixing the actual bug with the intended feature, but there's no real reason for One Hander to not have this bonus as without it it is useless. Why are Fast Shot & Heavy Handed (two better traits otherwise) treated differently?

Here is a block of code from 2238 SDK that might interest you.
Code: [Select]
    {
        if(attack.Attacker.Perk[PE_LIVING_ANATOMY] != 0 &&  !(bt == BT_ALIEN || bt == BT_ROBOT))
            totalDmg += 5;                                                                                      // Yes, pulse grenade works
        if(attack.Attacker.Perk[PE_PYROMANIAC] != 0 && dmgType == DAMAGE_FIRE)
            totalDmg += 20 * attack.Attacker.Perk[PE_PYROMANIAC];
        if(attack.Attacker.Trait[TRAIT_FAST_SHOT] != 0)
            totalDmg += 5;
        if(attack.Attacker.Trait[TRAIT_HEAVY_HANDED] != 0 && attack.IsUnarmed)
            totalDmg += 2;
        if(attack.Attacker.Trait[TRAIT_ONE_HANDER] != 0 && (!valid(realWeapon) || FLAG(realWeapon.Flags, ITEM_TWO_HANDS)))
            totalDmg += 5;
    }
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:12:29 pm by Nark »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »
Actually about Fastshot bonus there was info. And Heavy Handed you could see it in char creating.

Nark

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »
The Trait Description for Fast Shot is as follows:
You don't have time to aim for a targeted attack, because you attack faster than normal people. It costs you one less action point for guns and thrown weapons, and then one less with two handed weapons.
There is nothing written in here about a damage bonus, if it was in a changelog at some point in 2238 I wouldn't doubt it, but chances are One Hander's bonus would be in there too.

And about Heavy Handed, it doesn't actually add "Melee Damage", it adds +2 damage on to the end of Melee & Unarmed attacks. It's not "real" melee damage and thus doesn't actually show during character creation when you pick the trait. The description for Heavy Handed however does tell you that your punches are more damaging, but this is a leftover from the Fallout 2 description of the trait.

In Fallout 2 Heavy Handed was +4 melee damage (actual melee damage, not +2 damage on the end) for -30% crit roll, while in 2238 the change for Heavy Handed was made to make it all about the knockdown strength rolls, its real purpose. Bruiser in 2238 had since taken Heavy Handed's place as the melee damage buff (as it doubles base melee damage), as well as +4 STR for -2 AP.

If we're going by trait descriptions at all in this anyway (which we shouldn't, because that's not how you balance games), One Hander has much more right to +5 damage than Fast Shot just by the ambiguous wording of it.

One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons, but two-handed weapons cause a problem.

It's so insignificant and tiny, a tiny damage buff to people who chose to gimp their builds by being able to only use One Handed weapons properly, I have no real idea why the code was removed instead of just fixing it, when the exact same conditions apply to two other traits.

At the moment the trait is just a bad version of Small Frame that only works with one handed weapons. +20% to hit allowing you to dump 1 STR point below what the one handed weapon you desire requires, since using a weapon when you're 1 STR below its requirement is -20% to hit. This trait is completely useless and nothing at all sets it apart from the vastly superior Small Frame since it doesn't even have a tiny bonus on it like Fast Shot (which is already good).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:38:11 am by Nark »

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2013, 02:11:24 am »
thanks for your effort.

avv

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »
I'm not full time player on server but avenger is now incredibly powerful. Honestly it wouldn't have needed a buff in first place if gatling was simply kicked from server. I'm not going to argue about this, just pointing out that it's a 40 range good accuracy non-brd burst gun that kills everything without ca or metal with one shot.

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
shut up faggots.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »