May 21, 2024, 07:44:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [WIPE] Accounts and Headquarters  (Read 1004 times)

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
[WIPE] Accounts and Headquarters
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:06:32 am »
I had an idea how to deal with excessive alt-ing and powergaming while rewarding those that don't do these things.
Now before you start throwing rocks and insult my mother; It's just a raw idea and it obviously needs work.

Players have to register an account.
Each account can have 5 characters +1 for each lvl24+ character you have.

Your first character starts with a tent and one set of basic tools (hatchet. knife, hammer, shovel, rope).
This tent is set as your headquarters, but you can also assign other tents, safehouses or bases as HQ.
New characters will start there but you can't grant others access to them unless you personally lead them.
If they log out in these locations they are kicked back to the worldmap. They can never see the location dot.

The reason for this is to make it harder to gather alts in one place while making the game a bit more beginner friendly.
Obviously there are going to be problems with dual-logging and bases, but that's what we need to discuss here.

One idea is to limit the amount of characters that can enter these locations, meaning that your HQ can never have more characters in it than your account can have.

It's quite possible that this idea is not feasible due to problems caused by other game mechanics,
but in that case maybe there could still be a solution that helps beginners while not being abusable.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
Re: [WIPE] Accounts and Headquarters
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:11 pm »
Doesn't this promote alting? Basically it means everyone will get/want a Squad of alts.

A common fix is to check IP, but If you happen to live on a college campus then only 5 people or less  can play on the entire campus.

I happen to like alting, the partitioning of stats, albeit I admit I don't see much reason to get more than 5 alts.

What happens if you register multiple accounts? If IP is a restriction then campus buddies can't play. Email address checks don't stop anything.

I don't see any rewards for not power gaming/not using alts on this idea.

Its an interesting idea, but I'm not going to support it.

Strike

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:44 pm »

I don't support this, as it doesn't really limit alting at all. People would really do more accounts, if there is limits like this.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »
-1 too, don't see that fixing anything :S

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »
Guess there's no point discussing this if it gets only negative feedback right from the start.
I'll think a bit more about it.