May 17, 2024, 04:45:08 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Backpacks  (Read 2596 times)

Oni das Alagoas

• View Profile
Backpacks
« on: August 13, 2015, 09:46:41 pm »
What about backpacks that allow the pc to carry more weight?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:02:47 pm »
I cannot be sure but i believe these are being added by devs, but i do not expect to see them until Season 3 (and have no idea when that will be. Btw Jan 3rd each year is a bs rumor. That rumor started one year when 2238 started in Jan).

Oni das Alagoas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:22 pm »
Hmm, cool, thanks for telling me that. :)

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:11:53 pm »
+1

jasoncowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 04:58:45 am »
+10. This would be extremely helpful for my crafter or my sneaker chars :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:00:30 am by jasoncowboy »

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:45 am »
The looter in me says yes, but at the same time there is already your STR and support perks.  I think it needs some sort of negative aspect, as for what I think slowed movement/small AP hit.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:42:39 pm »
So it would be an inventory item that increases carryweight? or would you have to equip it in hands or second slot to get the effect?

Also you can already carry 2x your carryweight, would a packpack also increase how much you could carry while overweight?

I would vote for; Needs to be equipped in second slot, and the effect is; it doubles your overweight limit not your actual carry weight (so you could carry 3x your carryweight before being unable to move, but still being reduced to walking speed).

This would make it very useful for when you are "full" of gear already, you just equip the pack and can carry extra stuff for the journey home. Or for those times when you grab all and it overweights you rendering you unable to move, equipping the pack then would give you a good chance of being able to walk away.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:45:59 pm by Blarney »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
I would rather to see it as you can put some gear in it, like with containers.
BUT you can pick up it from ground, not like conteiners.
It should lets say make items in it weight 10% less for lowest tier bagpack, and -25% or -33% for the high tier one. -50% for some rare army backpack available only in SE/hard quests, so?
GUN FOR HIRE

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 03:43:57 pm »
Its only suggestion, it can be lowered to -5% and -20% bonuses, take it easy...
I think that way, it will be easier to set properly than adding carry weight and putting in second hand, dont you think so ?
GUN FOR HIRE

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
I see only one usefull thing in this, and that is that you can make "ready bags" with set up equipment to redress after being death. Could be usefull for TC.

Other than that, there are 2 support perks already for carry weight, which don't require you to put stuff into bags or equip them, thus sparing inventory management. If you choose a low STR char, I'm sure you had your reasons for it, so live with the consequences. (full STR char with the 2 perks has above 200 weight limit till encumbrance.. that's insane already)

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 04:54:00 pm »
It should lets say make items in it weight 10% less for lowest tier bagpack, and -25% or -33% for the high tier one. -50% for some rare army backpack available only in SE/hard quests, so?

This could be cool too. +1

As long as it isn't just a generic CW buff on an item, that seems a bit cheesy.

[Edit] I don't know why chis' comment got put in toxic caves, it is excessive, but the in game levels are excessive as they are (at the high end), and realism is a moot argument.

Having to move at walking pace is the penalty I meant, so it would only be useful for looting and leaving ;) (plus you couldn't have it and a motion sensor or second weapon equipped etc).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:00:05 pm by Blarney »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »
@Slowhand, it's not to make OP in weight everybuild and compensate low ST, but it will make inv more clear when you for example farm bandits, ncr army, lockers or whatever and have plenty of gear hidding your used ammo, stimps etc
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 06:42:35 pm »

This could be cool too. +1

As long as it isn't just a generic CW buff on an item, that seems a bit cheesy.

[Edit] I don't know why chis' comment got put in toxic caves, it is excessive, but the in game levels are excessive as they are (at the high end), and realism is a moot argument.

Having to move at walking pace is the penalty I meant, so it would only be useful for looting and leaving ;) (plus you couldn't have it and a motion sensor or second weapon equipped etc).

I deleted because I misread matt while doing a few other things at once.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »
Yeah adding these is planned.