May 13, 2024, 11:40:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Questions From A Noob  (Read 3432 times)

Akrep

• View Profile
Questions From A Noob
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:25:39 am »
1-) In simplest way, what does "finesse" do? In increases the base critical chance as a trait; but at what cost? Is it like in Fallout: Tactics where this trait reduces base damage my %25? Do you think this trait should be picked? Why or why not?

Spoiler: show
(My 1st character was at %170 Small Guns Skill, had 10 agility, 7 perception, 8 luck, both the bonus critical chance perks, sharpshooter and finesse which is %33 base critical chance. Even I could hit anyone at any distance in the eye; it didn't have much dramatic effects as I would expect)

2-) How does Sneak skill work?

Assume it's at highest level and you encounter another player on worldmap. You instantly go sneak. You have 10 perception and a sniper rifle. You start shooting at your target. What happens now? Do you loose your cover as soon as you shoot your first bullet? Or do you loose if you make a successful hit? Or you remain invisible until your opponent come close enough to detect you?

3-) Bonus Ranged Damage perk; does it add +2 damage per attack or does it add +2 damage per projectile/bullet?
In short, does it work better with burst weapons like a minigun?

4-) How to craft better weapons and armor?

I got both levels (2/2) of small guns and armorer professions. I paid 1500 caps for the first, 3000 caps for the second levels. But the second levels don't seem to add many crafting options though.. Still can't craft above Metal Armor (regular one). I searched the wiki and it says, it is possible to craft Metal Armor Mark II and Combat Armors as well. So is this a bug or do I need something else? Do I also need blueprints or something? Can I also produce Sniper Rifle in Fonline universe? Because I had to buy it from merchants every time..

5-) Does luck effect the conditions of a random encounter?

I think this was implemented in Fallout 2 or the unoffical restoration project patch; where low luck meant, you encounter highwayman only, for instance. At higher levels of luck, you tend to encounter two opposing groups in the encounter which gives you time and choice to run away or analyze the calculus of battle, kill everyone and loot everything :)

6-) Guarded town trouble..

a-) Whenever some guy attempts any kind of assault on me; I die the next second...by the town guards.. Do every town guard use burst weapons to bring justice? lol .. Also some people look like they work in pairs in this situation i guess. One intentionally "suicides" on you, bringing you along. His friend runs from his cover and loots your corpse lol
b-) Is it possible to plant traps in guarded towns? Guards will shoot you down for doing so? They will shoot you down upon detecting you set a trap? Or they will shoot you down If someone triggers your trap? Or addional condition: any townsfolk get damage from your trap? What what whaat? :)

Well that's all I can think of right now. I'll probably have tons of other questions; I'll post them here as I remember them, "if" I can remember them :)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: Questions From A Noob
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:18 am »
1-) In simplest way, what does "finesse" do? In increases the base critical chance as a trait; but at what cost? Is it like in Fallout: Tactics where this trait reduces base damage my %25? Do you think this trait should be picked? Why or why not?

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Finesse

2-) How does Sneak skill work?

When You shoot You became unsneaked, re-sneak takes 5AP. If Your oponent cant see You, you can re-sneak.

3-) Bonus Ranged Damage perk; does it add +2 damage per attack or does it add +2 damage per projectile/bullet?
In short, does it work better with burst weapons like a minigun?

It adds +dmg to single bullet = best for bursters.

4-) How to craft better weapons and armor?

Find/buy blueprints

5-) Does luck effect the conditions of a random encounter?

Nope it doesnt.

6-) Guarded town trouble..

Some quards burst weapons will be changed after wipe and You cant plant explosives in guarded towns

WIKI is they key - http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:37:25 am »
6. You probably got caught in the guard crossfire. It's a popular tactic at the Hub entrance where guards have assault rifles, you stand behind a low HP guy and attack him and he gets bursted with you. You can either avoid this by spawning in the Market location (use the World Map/Preview button) or get some more HP if you like to idle. You can deploy frag mines but they won't harm anyone in Hub since it's a No-PvP zone, other towns though...
#rawhide on ForestNet

Akrep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:54:38 am »
Must've missed the "Penalty +30% to your targets' DR" part in Wiki.. But for the 1st question again; who would benefit from this trait (finesse)?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:08 am »
Must've missed the "Penalty +30% to your targets' DR" part in Wiki.. But for the 1st question again; who would benefit from this trait (finesse)?

Cripplers !

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:54 am »
Snipers benefit from finesse, because it adds chance to score a critical hit and there are (were?) some hidden bonuses, like plus crit roll, I don't remember the exact numbers, also Kilgore might have changed it.

Akrep

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 11:42:44 am »
7-) Does action point regeneration rate change with higher/lower agility? (Like in Fallout: Tactics)

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 11:53:34 am »
7-) Does action point regeneration rate change with higher/lower agility? (Like in Fallout: Tactics)
yes APs are regenerating percentually, if you have alot of APs then you are getting 2 instead of 1 more often
it takes 4 or 5 seconds to fill your action points in RT

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:01 pm »
Snipers benefit from finesse, because it adds chance to score a critical hit and there are (were?) some hidden bonuses, like plus crit roll, I don't remember the exact numbers, also Kilgore might have changed it.
Finesse:
- reduces base armor critical chance by 25% (it's calculated as first, before right between the eyes and hit the gaps effects), for example:
   * combat armor with -10% base crit chance mod will have -8% base crit chance mod with finesse
   * combat helmet with -20% base crit chance mod will have -15% base crit chance mod
- gives +30 to target's DR for normal, critical and partial baypass shots (does not apply to pure critical baypass)
:facepalm

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 02:50:43 pm »
Oh yea, it wasn't about crit roll but crit mod, so it means it's an enhancement to the rbte. My bad.