May 21, 2024, 03:27:18 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Followers share XP for kills  (Read 1913 times)

Iceforce

• View Profile
Followers share XP for kills
« on: May 14, 2015, 08:21:49 pm »
As in the title. Has to do mainly with companions as they are kind of useless at the moment. Since the system is already in place for players, it should be straightforward to make it work with followers.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Followers share XP for kills
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:39:21 pm »
As in the title. Has to do mainly with companions as they are kind of useless at the moment. Since the system is already in place for players, it should be straightforward to make it work with followers.
Whoa companions are not useless. They saved my life so many times, that I lost count xd

And +1 it would be nice if they can get XP/share it

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:00:51 pm »
Agree, they are pretty cool for PvE... a bit retarded, but cool xD

I like the idea of sharing exp with them. You win a little less of exp, but they earn levels with you. +1

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:42 pm »
Makes sense, but how should it work in a party with other players?

Say Bill and Slovin are on a hunting party and Bill brought along his companion, does it get the same split a player does, or does it only get a % of what it's owner gets, etc?

Iceforce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:59:36 pm »
If you are in the same party, then everyone gets a share of the XP. In other words, threat them in the same way as if they are another player. This of course is open for discussion. While we are at it, the highlight should be green for followers that belong to players in your party.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:14:27 pm »
If you are in the same party, then everyone gets a share of the XP. In other words, threat them in the same way as if they are another player. This of course is open for discussion. While we are at it, the highlight should be green for followers that belong to players in your party.

Highlight yes, but I say if a player wants three followers he should divide his own XP. They're NPCs, not players.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 09:24:31 pm »
Can't speak to f1 but in f2 followers got a part of pc xp....... That makes the most sense at least.....
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Iceforce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:01 pm »
Highlight yes, but I say if a player wants three followers he should divide his own XP. They're NPCs, not players.

As I've said, it's open for discussion. In any case, every system that shares XP among followers is better than what we currently have. I'll be perfectly happy with followers sharing XP only with their owner.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
Why not? It will eliminate the boring part of lvling up companions!... mutch safer to do it together with your companions instead of preying for them to make the last hit...