May 15, 2024, 02:56:47 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 123300 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »
I think ghoun is just trolling.......
The alternative is just too frightening to think about.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
shut up brad.

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2014, 03:13:10 pm »
I think ghoun is just trolling.......
The alternative is just too frightening to think about.

You are trolling.
The main idea here is to make TC accessible to every player, not just to the top clans.
How is that idea considered trolling i really start to wonder.
You cant even give me a logical explanation as to why it is a good idea to limit TC to only big clans, yet you seem eager to belief that i am trolling.

The current system favors big clans, yet nothing is done to change that.
Big clans having such a huge advantage is the reason why small clans/no clan players have nothing to do in this game, which is the reason why they leave the server. The server is empty because small groups of players cant do anything in this game.
Anything that takes away the big clans advantage is a good change in my book.

DayZ is so popular because you can just jump in as a solo player and do just fine in pvp.
Most people prefer to play in small groups, either with their best friends, or even solo. Big clans are the exception, yet they are the most powerful in fonline.
In fonline, you cant just jump in as a solo player and do just fine. You just get raped by big clans and thats all there is to the game.

In essence, the server is empty because the game does not cater to small groups of players, and doesnt cater to solo players AT ALL.

On the surface, this proposed change may look like it completely disfavors noobs and favors big clans even more, but thats not the case if you think about it.
Currently there are 22k tents/bases on the world map. That number alone should already tell you that it will be impossible for any clan, regardless of how big it is, to have control over a significant amount of bases/tents.
The small players are safe from big clans due to the mass of tents/bases. Its like small fish that are hiding in the big swarm in order to escape from swordfishs. A few small fish will be eaten, but the big swarm will be kept safe. A small number of small groups/solo players will lose maybe one of their bases to a big clan. No big deal.
Those small groups/solo players are safe from big clans due to the sheer amount of tents/bases on the world map. They obviously arent safe from the other small/groups solo players, of which there are a shit ton, but thats the entire point. They will be fighting against similarly small groups/solo players, the majority of their time, instead of fighting against big clans.

Everyone will be able to participate in TC, every single player.

The focus of TC on only original towns is the reason why big clans are so strong and why small groups/solo players leave the server.
If you think thats trolling, then that is indeed frightening.

One of the main reasons why i am currently playing fonline 2 is because its not so biased towards big clans.
You can actually find other peoples encounters on the world map, which means we have a lot more interaction between smaller players, all the time.
If you increase the number of areas where you can meet other people, you automatically make everyone safer from big clans.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:55:12 pm by gh0un »

Dustin

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »
Your logic is flawed.  The current structure requires 5 to begin the timer and (if I'm not mistaken) 5 still alive for a successful capture.  Realistically, you're just not going to get this done with these numbers.  You're going to need a decent sized group no matter how you cut it.

While we're at it, let's just cut all SPECIAL stats, skills, levels, experience, just go ahead and give everybody the exact same levels on everything.  That'll make things fair, right?  It takes very minimal effort currently to build yourself up to a PvP plausible fighter, so all you'd do is make it even easier for the pros to cut down the unsuspecting as then their endeavors, like ours, wouldn't have to be spent trying to accumulate resources and could just go ahead and skip that part making nothing any easier for newbies since it's equally as easy for the people that just would've done the other stuff anyway.

If accessibility was any different between the freshly born and Seki's monstrous 450+ level abomination then I'd understand.  Everything is easily (and safely) accessible to the path to getting PvP ready.  I can't imagine why anyone would want to even try it before level 24, making all those boring things you feel you shouldn't be bothered to do that much more valuable.  Bottom line, yes PvP is a rewarding aspect of play, but taking away all the things that give the game itself a sense of accomplishment is just a bad idea no matter how you put it.

Do us all a favor, start here http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Character and read as much as possible.  Please click around and see what all the game has to offer before you start making suggestions in an attempt to make it more like another you've played that was more friendly to the random drop in.  I highly suggest you read up some on the TC feature at the very least.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2014, 07:06:04 pm »
Your logic is flawed.
Agree:)
The current structure requires 5 to begin the timer and (if I'm not mistaken) 5 still alive for a successful capture.
5 only in Redding and Broken Hills. In other cities, 3 people.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:38 pm »
You are trolling.
Yup. Trolling.
Don't feed the troll folks. If you laugh he'll just do it more.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »
Ah, there is one more important thing - I guess every starting character should have Radio in Inventory set on Chanell 1 (newbie channel) by defualt. It could be, for example, Small Range Radio, different then normall one, with possibility to broadcast and receive only on this said channel, and should by not worth a cap in any store/NPC.

This way each newcomer could have chance to talk with other newcomers and players, seek help, party, team, trade and it would not be exploited in any way, since that new type of Radio would be worthless anywhere.

Also, in hospital there should spawn radio in 5-10 places or there should be NPC that will give radio for player under level 5 to make Newcomers life easier

Freelancer

Kaaon

« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »
Ah, there is one more important thing - I guess every starting character should have Radio in Inventory set on Chanell 1 (newbie channel) by defualt. It could be, for example, Small Range Radio, different then normall one, with possibility to broadcast and receive only on this said channel, and should by not worth a cap in any store/NPC.
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=3299.msg23514#msg23514

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2014, 12:40:50 pm »
I know what Kilgore ment and I know how good my solution is - worthless radio, except for dialog, is best solution to not abuse radios in Any way. Also, description should tell a lot about this item, so there would be no doubts what it is and its potential value.
Freelancer

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 12:36:46 pm »
A typical newbie will die and lose this radio even before he learns how to use it.
Then, he will make a new character because he lost some junk item.

And the last thing we need are people making new alts just because of some starter item.

Btw this is not "suggestions" board, but wipe announcement. If you have an idea, then post it there (remember to use search before you post). Otherwise you're just posting spam. Especially if what you suggest was already posted and answered in suggestions.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »
as I said before - this Walkie Talkie would be given in Hospitals by NPC to any ressurect player under level 5 or so.
Freelancer

WantedMan

• Why So Serious ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2014, 11:23:30 am »
Delete Implants its fcking bad... ;cc

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2014, 10:59:04 pm »
so when is wipe?

Strike

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2014, 05:07:10 am »
so when is wipe?
You didn't read first post?

There is no exact date specified yet. It depends on when all work is done.

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:18 am »