May 09, 2024, 02:01:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: High tier loot nowhere to be found, PVP suffering.  (Read 2971 times)

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
High tier loot nowhere to be found, PVP suffering.
« on: May 10, 2015, 08:02:08 pm »
So we now have many options to find mid tier and non statted high tier loot, both in PVE and PVP. That includes Glow, Warehouse, Ares, and the new Reno box.

But what we are lacking is the chance to find statted top tier loot and rares. I looted warehouse locker about 100 times and the best thing I've gotten was a statted CAmk1. Went to Ares about 3 times, one of which was a full clear after the changes to Ares and we found one suit of CAmk2 that was statted, the rest of the stuff was junk (for me). Glow spawns the usual mid tier stuff, nothing special that can't be crafted. New Reno locker is a step in the right direction, but is yet another mid tier loot locker. We have enough options for that. The only option right now is to grind desert for special encounters with a high outdoorsman character. That gets boring fast and contributes nothing to the multiplayer aspect of the game. There is no incentive to PVP. No one cares about caps so people are hesitating to stop grinding and do TC. And no one cares about mid tier loot since most of it can just be crafted easily, so they don't organize themselves for runs to those locations. PVP is essentially dead right now, and the only action going on is at Hinkley.

I want to suggest two changes. First, bring back ghost town, add some NPCs there to prevent bluesuit looters, make it a PVP hotspot, and put a higher tier locker there. Not as good as Reno locker was last session, but also not as bad as the warehouse locker is now. Need to find something in between. It should spawn implants and HPA and all that good stuff, but the chances of it spawning should be MUCH lower than it was last session. The second change I wanted to suggest is in regards to TC. Allow stuff like brotherhood, enclave, desert armors to spawn there without stats, as well as non statted XL's, Pancors, Avengers, and other stuff like that (NOT gauss rifles, vindis, or any other rares). This will not make them too overpowered, but will create more incentive to do TC.
As a Poor Mongol, he learned to fight.
As a Reilly's Ranger, he feasted on capybara.
As a Black Sun Gangster, he witnessed betrayal.
As a father, he learned time management.

Kaaon

Re: High tier loot nowhere to be found, PVP suffering.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »
i agree, there is no pvp except TC and hinkley since dungeons are completely not worth it considering how bad is loot
i mean warehouse and glow at least, i didnt checked ares loot since it was updated

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:09:25 pm »
Yes I agree. PvP is gone mostly and everyone only grinds. Tc lockers should not spawn pa/implants though. I think that only the dungeon and reno lockers should have a very small chance to spawn pa(maybe 0.01% chance?) and no implants should spawn in lockers at all.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:04 pm »
But what we are lacking is the chance to find statted top tier loot and rares.

It's been a week since wipe, rare means RARE, I guess we can't espect to find it that soon. I've not found anything special yet, but I had good PvP fights on common places such mines, unguarded cities, etc.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:16:32 pm by Ina Blackwood »

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:16:09 pm »
No, "rare" in the current state of the game means doesn't spawn anywhere except special encounters, which rely entirely on luck and RNG. You can get lucky and find a special encounter every day, or you can never find one in months. How is that the proper way to distribute these items?

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 08:18:43 pm »

It's been a week since wipe, rare means RARE, I guess we can't espect to find it that soon. I've not found anything special yet, but I had good PvP fights on common places such mines, unguarded cities, etc.
it doesnt need to be rares but at least more good stuff with bonuses, maybe with some very small chance for rares to motivate players
for example doing warehouse and finding nothing or only one item with bonus which is sometimes not even for you is demotivating
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:21:59 pm by Seki »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »

it doesnt need to be rares but at least more good stuff with bonuses, maybe with some very small chance for rares to motivate players
for example doing warehouse and finding nothing or only one item with bonus which is sometimes not even for you is demotivating
Yep exactly this. Last session I did warehouse many many times. This session I've done it around 3-4 times because there is no reason to anymore.

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 08:32:07 pm »
I think an XL or LSW with -1AP is now a really good loot. I didnt found one yet but it's spawned there, right? I'm agree with current changelog: Maybe you don't find anything in months, maybe another does. Be ready to pay a hight amount of caps or some good gear for it... or be ready to steal it.
Maybe it could be good that TC lockers could spawn better gear when your faction has been controlling it during a long time too, or make some kind of 1 use "rare" object (could be found, for example, in common loots with a really low chance to find) that enables you to find better stuff on special lockers.

it doesnt need to be rares but at least more good stuff with bonuses, maybe with some very small chance for rares to motivate players for example doing warehouse and finding nothing or only one item with bonus which is sometimes not even for you is demotivating

The problem is that a very small chance is still a hight chance when we talk about a locker that everyone can acces easily.

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »
I think an XL or LSW with -1AP is now a really good loot.
-ap bonus was removed

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 08:35:44 pm »
Ah fuck, I thought it was removed only for crafting.

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 08:36:22 pm »
I think an XL or LSW with -1AP is now a really good loot. I didnt found one yet but it's spawned there, right? I'm agree with current changelog: Maybe you don't find anything in months, maybe another does. Be ready to pay a hight amount of caps or some good gear for it... or be ready to steal it.
Maybe it could be good that TC lockers could spawn better gear when your faction has been controlling it during a long time too, or make some kind of 1 use "rare" object (could be found, for example, in common loots with a really low chance to find) that enables you to find better stuff on special lockers.

it doesnt need to be rares but at least more good stuff with bonuses, maybe with some very small chance for rares to motivate players for example doing warehouse and finding nothing or only one item with bonus which is sometimes not even for you is demotivating

The problem is that a very small chance is still a hight chance when we talk about a locker that everyone can acces easily.

Clearly you are not up to date on the game mechanics, nor do you participate in any of these high tier loot locations, so I'm not sure why you are here trying to dismiss this thread.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 08:39:42 pm »
Tc lockers spawning rare loot is a bad idea because it only makes strong teams stronger. The best place for this is reno and dungeon lockers. And lockers aren't easily accessed anymore since the reno locker was fixed. And stealing loot from someone elses special enc? I think you must be playing some other game because that's impossible on this server.

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 08:41:45 pm »
Tc lockers spawning rare loot is a bad idea because it only makes strong teams stronger. The best place for this is reno and dungeon lockers. And lockers aren't easily accessed anymore since the reno locker was fixed. And stealing loot from someone elses special enc? I think you must be playing some other game because that's impossible on this server.

There's always at least one person who doesn't know what they are talking about giving their two cents on things that greatly affect the game.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 08:56:43 pm »
Dunno whats the problem guys.. if it would be me... you guys still living in a cave and the best weapons would be stones and spears...! Fucken hitech wastelanders...

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 09:08:48 pm »
Clearly you are not up to date on the game mechanics, nor do you participate in any of these high tier loot locations, so I'm not sure why you are here trying to dismiss this thread.

Clearly not as much as you, that's true. Anyway, I expressed myself bad: I'm not against improving the current loot, I'm against making it as it was in last session. I got HPA Helmets, Enclave CAs (nice ones) and turbo plasmas in 2-3 weeks with a stupid char build (the first character i did) looting Glow and Reno.

TC lockers spawning rare loot AFTER a long time of control. How many towns has been controlled more than 2 days by a faction, even BBS? And who talked about stealing from someone else special encounter? When I talked about stealing, I talked about killing and robbing him on a combat, it's not that unusual.

There's always at least one person who doesn't know what they are talking about giving their two cents on things that greatly affect the game.

If I'm saying anything stupid just argue it. There is no need to talk shit...

...you retarded motherfucker.

Dunno whats the problem guys.. if it would be me... you guys still living in a cave and the best weapons would be stones and spears...! Fucken hitech wastelanders...

Tribal gangs fighting with spears, PvP with .44 magnums... Ahh. Could be nice xD