Username:

Password:

Topic: Prison(s)  (Read 3999 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Prison(s)
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:14:51 am »
Prisons:

A prison on one of the islands that you get sent to if you kill a bunch of town guards or players in a guarded town and in turn are killed in the process. Instead of spawning in one of the start locations as a blueshirt with low health, you spawn at the prison as a blueshirt or in black and white prison suit.

If that is even possible to program, as in only those who actually did the shooting get sent there and not and innocent bystander who got caught up in the crossfire.

If it isn’t possible or just too much of a pain in the ass to do, then it could be a place that the game administrators send players for breaking rules or if the player wants to go there. Maybe there could be quests set in that if it you fail you could end up at the prison, a nice pay off if done without getting caught.

You have to be there actually logged in for X amount of time before you are let out. You can reduce that time by mining iron ore in the prison yard or cutting wood and so on. You could get a prison tattoo as well. Have an NPC there that could teach you a support perk that improves knife attacks.

If your group has a Vertibird they can fly to the island and try and get you out. But if they are killed in the fight with the guards, they will also end up as prisoners. Preferably it would be a small island so the only place to land would in at the prison location, outside of the gate, so you would have to be mindful of other players getting out and taking your only way off the island.

But yeah that could cause problems. “Help we got stuck on the island became some ass sneaked in and took our bird.”

Maybe there could be a boat or some other water craft to get off the island so players can if they figure out a way to escape can leave the island. Such as there could be items throughout the place that if found could make dynamite which could then be used to blast a hole in the wall...

Alternatively it could just be out in the desert some place with a moat around it like the Gun Runner’s place.

It could be run by the NCR or San Francisco or they could both have a prison.

I am aware this would be a lot of work and it might not be much of a payoff, anyways just throwing ideas out there.

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
Re: Prison(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:29:03 am »
ewwwww

RaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:54:59 am »
Then its better to revive existing prisons in all towns. You get there for crime and do your time. you can try to lockpick you out of there with long delay and bad chance 1-5%, your crime mates can assult the city to break you out by killing all the guards in guarded town and blasting your door. You can also commit a suicide with 10% success chance. an unsuccessful suicide attempt makes you loose some skill points randomly.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:13:11 am »
I like the idea of locking up troublemakers... and making them break rocks to settle their debt to society and all that shit...
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:09:17 am »
I like the idea of locking up troublemakers... and making them break rocks to settle their debt to society and all that shit...

+1

I actually really, really like the idea.

Might be helpful with thieves as well.

;D

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:14:32 am »
Is this a serious suggestion?

Wormsign

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:48:28 am »
I think we should lock up the people who give newbs an over abundance of help. This weakens the newbs ability to fend for themselves in the wastelands and they become dependent on others. In this way they "steal" the resources of other, more capable people.

(End sarcasm)

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:48 pm »
I think we should lock up the people who give newbs an over abundance of help. This weakens the newbs ability to fend for themselves in the wastelands and they become dependent on others. In this way they "steal" the resources of other, more capable people.

(End sarcasm)
Then you'd be the first to get locked up.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 01:39:33 am »
Is this a serious suggestion?

For the most part yes. I know there are problems, as I pointed out with my suggestion. I like the idea of prison somewhere in game world, the more I think about it I can see NCR running one.

I also know creating a location is alot of work, so if one is to be made it should be worth all the trouble. Apart of posting this idea is the hope people would suggest things to improve the idea.

If it isn't a good idea or it would just be to much work then that's just what it is. No harm in just suggesting it right?

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 01:42:36 am »
Go Fo² for prisons !

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 08:29:46 am »
Go Fo² for prisons !
Isnt it you who moved there in the end?  ::)

MO-RON!

• Childslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 07:53:28 pm »
Really cool idea, I actually like it. However it would be a nice idea to be able to get your friend the sneaky way. Not too easy of course...
Max Lockpick skill for now is 150% and +50% for Exp. lockpick set. That's 200%. Soo...a prison cells would be locked with 190% lock (so you need 140% and Expanded Lockpick Set, which is impossible to get as a prisoner, since, well, you have no items). A guy sneaks in, opens the cell with lockpicks, and they both get away safely.

Dark.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 10:40:19 pm »
Yeah, let's copy more content from FO2.
https://www.youtube.com/user/iKharon/videos

If you want some tough TC check out my channel

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 10:57:19 pm »
Yeah, let's copy more content from FO2.

I was unaware of FO2 when I suggested this. So I wasn't saying "hey lets copy" anything from it.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:08:42 am »
Just because fo2 sucks doesnt mean EVERYTHING they've done is stupid.
Most of it, yes (regulators, 'nuff said). But not everything.