May 09, 2024, 12:28:22 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 13/04/2014 + Fixes  (Read 43976 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 13/04/2014 + Fixes
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2015, 08:10:56 am »
I don't know why some people get so excited about addictions removal, as it really changes next to nothing. Addiction system was good for a single-character game like Fallout 1 or Fallout 2, in FOnline when you are trying to "punish" player with addiction, he'll just relog to another character that has no addiction, voila. Or he will just take another dose. If someone makes a character, he already has certain drugs use in mind so for him this character is going to be perma-drugged anyway, so you can forget about addictions if you have enough doses. And if you don't then you will use another character.

So, what is that real drawback you are talking about now?

Addictions currently serve no practical purpose, they are just in game because.. you know, Fallout 1 / Fallout 2 had it. But both were ONLY single-player.
The only real disadvantage from using drugs is their cost, but to be honest, it was always like that, on 2238 too, despite all withdrawals/addictions possible.

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2015, 03:18:20 pm »
So Is it just the little "Addiction" icon that is being removed, EI no other change in symptoms from withdrawals? Or Just removing withdrawals and addiction?
If its just the little box in the corner your removing, I understand. But otherwise. Yup Addiction was relevant in singleplayer... i would suggest it is More relevant in Multi not less.. If you remove the downsides.. well, just add the code Up-down-Up-Down-left-right-left-right-B-A Voila 99 Lives!

Yes you can change chars.. have 12 lvl 24s all pre planned and waiting at Modoc for the fight.. but thats PvP, and thats for the really serious players, There's a whole nother world of noobs out there just living in the world and will never see a TC fight in Modoc, ever, and little things like drugs having sideaffects and downsides is a really cool aspect. Seems minor, but never under-estimate the "cool" factor, (Cool factor varies per individual)

Also what of vengence? I mean in dungeon crawling.. you will need drugs to do the dungeon.. Or else dungeons will be too easy, so you get in, kill everything in your path, and there is No come down, you get out with all the loot killing everything in your path.
A drugless noob doesnt have a chance of anything anytime, anywhere. Essentially crafting a game for those In the Know. and those dont read wiki better get used to leather jackets and hunting rifles..

I can imagine a neat strategy forming of A couple players drugging up on the way in, and a couple drugging up on the way out to defend the others. Or having some clean cut along.. or perhaps a temporary stimp that aleviates the withdrawal slightly.
Ok im stretching here... but removing it alltogether -chop chop.. too tidy.. too easy..

Should prolly bring Narg, Mingan ,and Chitza back so people have a fighting chance, Narg can be the Psycho Tank, Mingan your Burst Sneak, and Chitza your support Main.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:50:14 pm by damonicos »

HazMat

• Don't give a fuck about TC or your clan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2015, 05:27:17 pm »
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting there are people out there with almost armies of characters that are more or less the same for reloging purposes.

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2015, 06:12:28 pm »
"Yes you can change chars.. have 12 lvl 24s all pre planned and waiting at Modoc for the fight.. but thats PvP, and thats for the really serious players"

So everyone who cheat is serious?

Would be nice to implement something  like , when u die u cant log off or log in with other char for 5 mins in pvp especially (time needed to respawn and get gear again). And ofc fast loggers should be banned. If u died then u died that's pvp , wait for re spawn pick up gear and come again that's the point. Its not points to have tons of chars in same place and die and re log and die and re log that kills the game and its cheating and it is lame.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2015, 06:31:00 pm »
"Yes you can change chars.. have 12 lvl 24s all pre planned and waiting at Modoc for the fight.. but thats PvP, and thats for the really serious players"

So everyone who cheat is serious?

Would be nice to implement something  like , when u die u cant log off or log in with other char for 5 mins in pvp especially (time needed to respawn and get gear again). And ofc fast loggers should be banned. If u died then u died that's pvp , wait for re spawn pick up gear and come again that's the point. Its not points to have tons of chars in same place and die and re log and die and re log that kills the game and its cheating and it is lame.
That would be awesome. But be alot of Disappointed masters of the scene.. It would force characters to actually have to think about their stats again.. As it is now, you could join a battle, die, remake a char, craft up to level 24 and make it back to the battle in time to loot.  or pretty dam close to it. less t han 15 minutes! Thats a great selling point of the game.. but the hardcore are able to spend loads of time making themselves a one man army =(

Another Issue that I hate to advertise as it drives me insane, but is along the same lines is Slave hunting.
Guarded mines are safe, unless you have 2 chars there, 1 to go kill the slave, the other to steal the ores.
Thats so stupidly easy, I really think there ought to be a logout-login delay, As Inconvenient as it is for EVERYONE, its fair..
Your slaves oughta be somewhat safe in a guarded mine, but players exploit log-ins and blakm all your ore is theres. If your going to steal slave ore, you gotta have someone to help you, You sacrifice, they loot, etc. Fair. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:56:33 pm by damonicos »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2015, 07:09:58 pm »
@damanicos what you say is true also , anyone can come snipe your slave - cow and take mats relog take them or be logged with 2 chars at same time and maneuver it even easier :D

Also about pvp and city taking , especially city taking. Dont know if it is possible and how hard is it to make. Imagine something like this , group A enter town to take it , they go to their positions , when they talk to start taking of the city first theres timer for defenders to assemble 3=5 mins they would be in restricted area  that would be guarded by force field that would go off after those 3-5 initial minutes pass and battle would start , after that city locks and u cant enter it till the the time u need to take it pass.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »

Also about pvp and city taking , especially city taking. Dont know if it is possible and how hard is it to make. Imagine something like this , group A enter town to take it , they go to their positions , when they talk to start taking of the city first theres timer for defenders to assemble 3=5 mins they would be in restricted area  that would be guarded by force field that would go off after those 3-5 initial minutes pass and battle would start , after that city locks and u cant enter it till the the time u need to take it pass.

I do believe random forcefields in Klamath to be a bad idea.. And I'm also not sure about locking the city. Cuts out alot of Legitimate possibilities like an Allied Faction showing up as Reinforcements in the battle.. simply giving the program an inherit delay when you log out and attempt to log in a differnt user immediately. Doesn't even have to be that long.. a couple minutes is enough. Only takes 1 minute to replicate so, most players would just wait at that point, and Multi char problem is solved.ish

EDIT - IF it is considered a problem, It may be that Devs don't consider it an issue, and they expect players to make as many chars as they can to succeed their goals. In which case, those with lots of time are the winners, and those who work for a living can't compete.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:40:44 pm by damonicos »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »
Oh well it was an idea , because it would be something like u que for pvp , faction A taking  , defenders or other faction there to retake or stop them. And then you know exact number of people that are actually inside and if 20 die from faction A u know that there cant be 50 dead from that faction if only 20 were at start :D About making a timer on relog its good , tho people can just change ip and bypass it tho it would take more time then just simple fast relog :D Tho i dont rly know in that matter how hard and if it is even possible to make things like that in this game.  I mean i  guess its rly hard to make complex pvp and pve system as in newer mmorpgs. If caravan master can be programmed to wait till 14:00 for players and then add guards to fil to number 4. I guess an npc could be made that would wait till there are 5 players on both sides or 3 or 10 and send them to battleground map. And i guess it all depends on the number of players.

About force fields they woudnt stay for ever as i remeber in fallout 2 u cant shoot trough yellow one so it would just be a waiting place like u are in que or something and then when the time is right it would go down.

Oh well these are some weird ideas i know XD