May 15, 2024, 03:02:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Some thoughts...  (Read 6613 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Some thoughts...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 07:28:57 am »
First: It's an imperative sentence. Not a theory.
Second: If you are dumb enough to try to help anyone who doesn't need your help, that's your problem.
I don't know what was your intention with that comment, but you still can't refute the effectiveness of my practice.
My point is, I was doing it. I have done it. And you know what? Very little comes of it.
I didn't say I'd never try again, but..... *shrug*
Well, that was creative at least. I like it, it made me smile! :)
You're welcome.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

The Account

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 09:53:54 am »
And my point is that if you just "try" to help.... it won't do much.
I helped some people.
You know what came from it?

Players. Some new friends.

And that's a lot.

This is to everyone that wants to help the newbies:
Don't give them mid-, or high-tier stuff! For that matter don't give them any stuff/gear!
(Well except maybe a rope, 7 pieces of wood and 8 brahmin hides.)

Otherwise they will go soft, will lose the stuff, some of them might even feel guilty about it.

Just teach them, give them practical advices, show them to the Wiki.
If they are not interested in your help, leave them alone.

It will save time for both of you.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 11:44:52 am »
I really helped few newbies but after that they wont show up anymore...
They dont want to hear it, they just want some gear not lessons and yes most of us played in first Fallouts thats why Im here and thats why You are here, You cant teach peoples who will play for few days and they will say "what a ugly graphic, what a shitty old game blah blah blah"
this is sad, I started on FoR few months ago and now I dont know what to do, no PvP , no peoples with who I can talk.... I hope peoples will back from Fo2 or they will have some time IRL to play again, I wish you all good luck guys, not only newbies but old players too(even if they are my enemies).

Daryl

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:25 pm »
I really helped few newbies but after that they wont show up anymore...
They dont want to hear it, they just want some gear not lessons and yes most of us played in first Fallouts thats why Im here and thats why You are here, You cant teach peoples who will play for few days and they will say "what a ugly graphic, what a shitty old game blah blah blah"
this is sad, I started on FoR few months ago and now I dont know what to do, no PvP , no peoples with who I can talk.... I hope peoples will back from Fo2 or they will have some time IRL to play again, I wish you all good luck guys, not only newbies but old players too(even if they are my enemies).

Totally agree with you, this was my childhood game and my dream to ever play it online but like u said it's ment for the older generations some of us now are tied up in real life and work and hard to play as much as we want to.

Younger generation want as u said fallout Vegas graphics and don't understand this game atall they need to play the old game first to understand

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 09:23:02 pm »
Don't give them mid-, or high-tier stuff! For that matter don't give them any stuff/gear!

Just teach them, give them practical advices, show them to the Wiki.
Gecko pelts. I have given gecko pelts (to make their first leather jacket). Everything else I make them get themselves, though I will take them hunting for the hides....
But the attitude of a lot of FNG's leaves a LOT to be desired......
And guys...... Your worse about it. There's two things that tell me male char is female player. One is a secret but the other is this subject. I can usually tell if M char is F player in about 2 minutes because F players are willing to take a few minutes as I drag their 58/58 asses around naking them hunt their own brahmin, collect their own fibers, chop their own trees...... In 2238 I actually called one player on it, but I was playing an M char and I freaked her out.... still feel bad about THAT bad choise....
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Selmarion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 11:47:59 am »
Hey, all!
Guys, try use a Network Marketing. Entice people to the game.   :) I invited to the game 3 players. They are happy. They think Cool game!  :)

As I understand it, we have three problems:
1. Not everyone knows that the fallout online exists
2. Beginners think that the game is terribly complicated
3. Many deemed that the old graphics in the game

Admins can do event, invite 3 players that will play more than a month and win implontant.  ::)