May 16, 2024, 08:11:30 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: To Reload the Reloaded  (Read 123326 times)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: To Reload the Reloaded
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2014, 09:21:43 pm »
....... make everything craftable at regular Workbench....

This! Just.... just do it.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2014, 09:25:08 pm »
It'd fix some PVP issues, but it'd help newer players out ALOT more. I like having advanced workbenches but they're placement is crap and doesn't make sense.

If they were at the enclave, BOS, and didn't need full 1000 support or something then it'd make more sense. Scribes aren't adored they're accepted members and even if they fall to 0 rep they're still members and hence should have access.

Making universal crafting stations only outside of bases would be alright if the benches were ACCESSIBLE to most players.

Strike

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »
If they were at the enclave, BOS, and didn't need full 1000 support or something then it'd make more sense.
Does it make more sense, that players have more alts just for crafting? You have to first be member of enclave or BoS, and then you would have access to Adv. Workbench. Nope :P

Making universal crafting stations
This is lot better solution, but maybe as some location on the worldmap.

But then again, I have own solution for this.

If Adv. Workbenches were removed, maybe blueprints should be more harder to find as you could craft any item on normal workbench?

I always thought, that crafting is too easy on Reloaded. It will be harder after wipe, but IMO it should be more harder than it will be.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:35:43 pm by Strike »

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2014, 09:50:15 pm »
it should be more harder than it will be.
And here we have the infinity loop. Only impossible crafting will meet that requirment:)

Strike

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »
And here we have the infinity loop. Only impossible crafting will meet that requirment:)
Not impossible, but there should be something else added to crafting. I have few on my mind.

- There should be chance to fail to craft item, so you will lost your resources.
- Recipes should be harder for high tier items, maybe some added new resources.
- And blueprints for higher tier items should be harder to find -> remove blueprints from NPCs who sell them.

I know that everyone want everything right to their hands, but really think about this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:03:30 pm by Strike »

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »
Highest Tier BP's shouldn't be sold outside of the Enclave and BOS, for those two you'd need to do missions for rep points IMO.

But at the same time I Think all items need BP's if you needed to learn their profession just that low tier ones are all CHEAP and accessible at the merchants.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 09:38:22 pm »
what about this as new alternate cave base ?

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 09:13:17 am »
I think it looks really nice, but I am bit sad everyone seems to be making bunkers and safehouses, I think more dungeons would be better and more useful for the server..

Slade Willson

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »
Wipe?! Ok after wipe i play again :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:43:02 pm by carrsen »

NoDriLL

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:53 am »
Hmmm, do you wanna implement Advanced Workbenches in expensive bases, or they will remain accessible only in TC towns and other locations ?

+1!
"War, war never changes..."

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
I would remove advanced workbenches completely.
Some of those items should be craftable with normal ones,
but all the high tier stuff should only be farmable in encounters and dungeons.

We need to get people out of their bases into the wasteland.
Also characters are scavengers, not scientists with a master's degree in engineering and chemistry.

Strike

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 01:56:35 pm »
Wipe?! Ok after wipe i play again :)
Now we just have to wait for that happen :D

I would remove advanced workbenches completely.
Some of those items should be craftable with normal ones,
but all the high tier stuff should only be farmable in encounters and dungeons.
I don't see any good point on removing Adv. Workbenches, that would do crafting easy again, no? And high tier stuff only available for players who are able to get through some badass dungeons (after wipe), not sure about this either.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:19 pm »
I don't see any good point on removing Adv. Workbenches, that would do crafting easy again, no?

No. Low and mid tier crafting would stay the same while high tier crafting would simply not exist.
You would have to go out to get combat armor, miniguns and gatling lasers etc ...

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2014, 03:14:46 pm »
I think then that'd make TC a one trick pony.

We'd have to severely nerf TC lockers or make the TC gear available for PVE farmers/Encounter hunters on a much more regular basis to make PvP decent.

Crafting levels the playing field and allows new PvP armies to arise. If TC still had its benefits and we couldn't craft CA it'd go like this

Leather Armor + 10mm SMG vs Gatling + PA tank.

Also PvP builds often are bad PVE builds so they couldn't even farm if they wanted to unless its other players.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2014, 04:03:50 pm »
Also characters are scavengers, not scientists with a master's degree in engineering and chemistry.

Maybe you. :) In this world it is enough good knowledge source to allow learning so high technology. (Enclave, BoS, VC, NCR, Shi,Gun runners,Ghouls from Gecko(?)). And don't talk they protect they knowledge and don't share it with others. People can learn. If you get enough oportunities to broke something you can realise how it is made.

First problem is that now every character can craft plasma riffle even if it is an completly idiot., but making some higher requirments will not change anything. People just make alts only for crafting. Nothing to do with that unfortunatelly.

Second problem is resources to make high trier stuff are too easy to get in high amount. They just should require some rare ingreedients not so easy to farm/gather, but still accesible to normal peoples.
And that propably will be fixed(read first post in that thread).

And maybe there should be cooldown for crafting. Making 50 CA in 1 minute is ridicolous:)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:21:03 pm by Corax »