May 09, 2024, 04:21:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Boost shotguns and add new ap ammunition  (Read 5010 times)

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Boost shotguns and add new ap ammunition
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:59:26 am »
It is only my idea not whole community:

Increase range of combat shotguns +5 hexes
Increase dmg +10 per bullet (option when enemy is closer than 15hexes)
Add fire shells which will deal fire dmg
Add ap shells

Shotguns are very good weapons but they need big boost.
They should give big advantage in close range.

Patrick

• View Profile
Re: Boost shotguns and add new ap ammunition
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »
and make them shoot nuclear warheads

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:36:55 pm »
Better Than shity weapons. Short dostance boost would be good for them

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 02:04:08 pm »
Slug or Flechette ammunition for Shotguns that pierces armor has been a suggestion passed down for generations to shitty 2238 devs that just couldn't handle adding new ammo (that wasn't the amazing and oh-so-needed addition of .22 Hunter) to their game. I have advocated for a buff to Shotguns through the obvious avenue of more ammo types for a while.

If Kilgore has any intention to buff and add new shotgun ammo types then here is my suggestion:

Change original ammo to Buckshot (JHP):
AC Mod -35
DR Mod 30%
DM Mod 2/1   

Add Slug (AP) ammunition:
AC Mod -10
DR Mod -35%
DM Mod 1/1
Armor Piercing

Add Flechette (High AP) ammunition:
AC Mod -25
DR Mod -50%
DM Mod 3/4
Armor Piercing

Add Dragon's Breath (Fire Damage) ammunition:
AC Mod -25
DR Mod 0%
DM Mod 1/1
Modifies type of damage to Fire, is affected by Pyromaniac.

Obviously not all of these numbers are to be taken to heart, it was just stuff left over from a previous endeavour into the FOnline SDK with a few friends. Maybe all this is too much for what is essentially a reboot of featureless and contentless 2238 and Kilgore wishes to stick to its roots, but even so, the addition of just Slugs would help the game a lot.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 03:09:31 pm »
Better Than shity weapons. Short dostance boost would be good for them
it would be good for any weapon - does that mean all of them should have the boost? ffs...
shotguns are good as they are for what they are. and short range should stay short range, diminishing tactical characteristics is retarded. end of story.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 03:25:22 pm »
God damn it Jacky, quit your stupid suggestion 'ideas'

Bluepanda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 12:33:39 am »
*Snip*

I agree wholeheartedly.

Here's some improved Graphics for the shotgun shells you suggested, Just did them myself.

Dragon's Breath (IMO Gecko's breath = better name)

AP

Flachette

Look good?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 06:26:44 am »
Wut? Magic fire bullets? +5 Flaming Arrow? Is this now Dungeons & Dragons? And affected by pyro?  59-67 dmg from basic shotgun?
No. Just no.

The other type of ammo is good. Me want.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

SporePlants

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 07:03:41 am »
God damn it Jacky, quit your stupid suggestion 'ideas'
God damn it, can we stop with the stupid posts? If you disagree with this suggestion, and think that shotguns SHOULD NOT get any new ammo, please explain why.
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

Smalltime

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 08:34:29 am »
Wut? Magic fire bullets? +5 Flaming Arrow? Is this now Dungeons & Dragons? And affected by pyro?  59-67 dmg from basic shotgun?
No. Just no.

The other type of ammo is good. Me want.
Incendiary shotgun rounds are not a thing of fantasy.
http://youtu.be/RP4FjODPDFA?t=4m23s (If you dislike the person who made the video, search around, there are plenty others.)

Nark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 08:46:21 am »
The Dragon's Breath rounds' DR Mod negates a lot of the damage a shotgun would usually do (it has no armor piercing capabilities versus Fire Resistant armor). The Pyromaniac after-damage is the main source of the damage of the round and gives people who specialized in Pyromaniacs another close range weapon to excel with, whilst being almost entirely useless to people without a build specialized in this. This is to make two ranks of Pyromaniac not completely useless as Flamers are never used anywhere near serious PVP. And I can't believe anyone has the nerve to whine about high damage from a shotgun with miniscule range when the -1 AP +20% Min/Max damage 35 range Avengers are all over the place two-shotting everyone.

Also as said above, 12 gauge Dragon's Breath is a real life ammunition used in shotguns, they set fire to the targets they hit. They are not some magical bullshit like you seem to think. Similarly, incendiary bullets for SMGs and the like also exist.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:55:08 am by Nark »

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 08:57:12 am »
if somebody is looking into shotgun ammo, let me just state the obv. there is a crapload of ammo types for many if not all guns, right?

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 09:02:19 am »
It's a firecracker. A big one, but still just a firecracker.
Quote from: 'wikipedia'
While its actual professional combat or tactical usage remains undocumented, the visual effect it produces is impressive and entertaining, similar to that of a short-ranged flamethrower or fireworks. Also undocumented, it has been claimed by enthusiasts that the rounds are often used as a distress signal, similar to a very short duration emergency flare gun. It has also been claimed that they can also be used as a means of intimidating opposing forces, or for other serious or tactical usages. The pyrotechnic shell is expensive compared to other shells, costing $5 (USD) per round. There is little or no record of its use in actual combat. Because it is a very low-power round, it cannot be used in an auto-loading shotgun or semi-automatic shotgun; it does not produce enough recoil energy to cycle the action, causing the mechanism to jam. An additional reason to use the round only in a manually operated firearm is that the round shoots at least a little flame for 3–5 seconds. It would be hazardous if a shell still emitting flame were to be ejected from a semi-automatic shotgun.

For gamplay - I dislike it because you can shoot a shotgun for 1 ap  and you can have up to 90% dr for normal, but only around 25% for fire damage. This turns a shotgun into a turbo-flamer and makes all other 12. ammo useless.

Nark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 09:15:42 am »
While using real life evidence to prove something exists and isn't a thing of magic, it does not also mean it has to represent its in-game function. There's also no such thing as a handheld Minigun/Avenger Minigun/Vindicator, surprisingly enough! They are usually mounted on helicopters if anything.

Doesn't matter what the AP cost is, in real-time, do you really think you're gonna get off enough shots before an Avenger 10 AP 5-AP-TO-BURST build two-shots you?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 09:52:20 am »
All that aside... what would be the point of adding  4 new types of ammo when one of them is just best in all ways? And not only that but it make the flamer  useless  and all build using it as well (not they are all that good, but still...).