May 05, 2024, 09:19:54 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Improve the trains.  (Read 4578 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Improve the trains.
« on: January 02, 2014, 07:24:22 am »
  Improving the train system would increase ridership.
1. Make them run every half hour at the top of the hour (counterclockwise) and bottom of the hour (clockwise).
2. Add a station between Hub/Junktown/Necropolis, at Broken Hills, Modoc, Klamath, Redding, and Gordon's Gas Station. (IRL, the tracks already exist, the NCR would just be repairing them, albeit probably quite a bit.)
3. Link the ends together for a complete circuit.

I know the trains are an NICE thing for their own business, but this makes sense because the NOR would have a permanent presence in all regions (kinda like building a military base in enemy territory), and for trade purposes directly. New Reno would still be off-limits as would Enclave, but the other points of interest to players would be opened up reasonably well.     
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
Re: Improve the trains.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:16:44 am »
Add a station between Hub/Junktown/Necropolis, at Broken Hills
You can hop off the train to reach those destinations faster by leaving the party when traveling. The rest of the suggested stations? Ahh well, NPCs keep saying it will be a full circle for years. Guess they have difficulties on the North.

There's only one tiny problem with trains.. Once a player gets his hand on a car (or a few cars with tents around the Wasteland) he'll -never- ride a train again. And that most likely will happen in the first few days of playing FOnline.

Eloar

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:54:55 am »
+1. I like idea with more train stations.

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:39:57 am »
Does anyone ever use this trains ? Oo

Strike

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:56 am »
Train Stations should be visible as default, as now they are hidden until player starting to do some quests or some player lead them to station.

No wonder new players never use stations, they don't know where is train stations.

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 09:48:27 am »
Train Stations should be visible as default, as now they are hidden until player starting to do some quests or some player lead them to station.

No wonder new players never use stations, they don't know where is train stations.
Buggy : 5k
Its 10 times better (and probably even faster) to buy buggy, and move anywhere you want anytime. Even if they would know about train stations, it's simple logic. Train stations are useless. You need them only for getting support perk.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 06:34:15 pm »
trains are useless because they don't run often enough and the caps can be hard to find spur of the moment If you end up at a train station without planning it. I think you should add an ability to buy more than one use at a time and not require a ticket (if you buy a bigger package, keep tickets for single use) maybe you can buy a badge (stays on your shirt so no item in inv) that symbolizes you can ride the train for 1 month or something. Then noobs can spend 1000 caps and get a train ride for a whole week, even if they die (the badge stays on you until expired)

I really think the train feature is cool but it just doesn't run often enough. Every 2 hours is crap when Caravans run off the same schedule more or less, every 30 min for a train would be PERFECT.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 07:41:55 am »
Does anyone ever use this trains ? Oo
Exactly my point.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:52 am »
I really think the train feature is cool but it just doesn't run often enough. Every 2 hours is crap when Caravans run off the same schedule more or less, every 30 min for a train would be PERFECT.
Well, I technically said every hour, at least in each direction....

You can hop off the train to reach those destinations faster by leaving the party when traveling. The rest of the suggested stations? Ahh well, NPCs keep saying it will be a full circle for years. Guess they have difficulties on the North.
But you can't get on. :/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:49:42 pm by Chosen One »