May 05, 2024, 09:59:14 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Want to keep active players? Question for staff.  (Read 7369 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Want to keep active players? Question for staff.
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »
well, this is a question, for you, staff...

Just a simple question like that could raise other various questions in your heads...

First of all, I'm not whining, crying or whatever you, forum trolls, will start attacking on my person right after I post this.

I'm playing here for like a fifth day. Missed old days on 2238 so gave a chance to this server.

I'm not that kind of person, who keeps playing 24/7 to be the best one, atleast in his own eye, as most of current wannabe heroes.
I'm that kind of person who sits to this game four times, three times, two times or even one time per week. That's bringing me a lot of troubles, such as:

Exp is not that easy, craft is not that easy, nothing is really that easy, but it's not making me any problems because I know that it's caused by the simple fact - I'm not sitting online 24 hours per day. So I'm not complaining about anything like that and didn't even think about to do so.

Back to the most important then -

I don't see any reason, why you would give a shit if I'm playing here or not. What keeps server alive - active people and I'm one of them - but if I'm as active as stated above, you can imagine what means to me, when I get some ''better'' stuff. Well - then I decide to go to the NCR city to have a good time, to chat with anyone, anything and right after I enter - I see someone rushing close to me in CA - and then - YEAH - I EXPLODED.

What a fun - a guy with max. level, 300hp (I won't name anyone), just made a best joke of his life, he demolished a newbie player right in the city!

If this happens only occasionally, I wouldn't pay attention to this. But - this is happening almost all the time.

CAN YOU - admins, moderators, game supporters - do anything, any protection, to at least keep cities calm? It's not really funny to be afraid to enter the city with some better stuff. And it's not even fun to NOT to enter the city with stuff you'd like to.

Is there anything that can be done? Any ideas? Or should I just shut up and get used to it - because it's post-war wastelands?

I like PvP's and things around that, but in my opinion - acting like this, bombing newbies, is not really the best approach how to keep people IN game.

Thanks,
With Regards,
SneezeCheese aka BADluck

The Almighty Gaylords

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Re: Want to keep active players? Question for staff.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 01:36:47 pm »
Hi Touched, welcome to the forums.

Kilgore, this is the very same problem I adressed today. You ought to implement a mechanic that dissallows blowing people up as easily as it is now. Every single evening there are some players (we all know who) blowing up everyone entering the city with anything more than a bluesuit (and sometimes even those arent spared). You cannot seriously tell me that this is a well-working mechanic. Attacking people in guarded cities should result in guards reaction, no matter if its a burst to the face or a dynamite up the arse.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »
As a casual players myself, I have to agree.
Fonline has pretty much always been like that.
Many beginners leave because of the open hostility of most players.

I would appreciate if at least the major cities were no-fire zones, like the barter grounds.
Maybe as a trade-off you could make events similar to town control in them every once in a while.

But even if you do, I don't think this will change the general attitude of most players.
They will just find new ways to piss of everyone and give them a hard time.

Strike

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 02:38:58 pm »
Suicide bombers need more penalty as they got now -> almost nothing :P

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »

The real problem is that they aren't even sucide bombers anymore. They just blow themselves up, but are tanky enough to survive it… victims aren’t though, so the offenders just pick up the loot and carry on.

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 02:54:41 pm »
But even if you do, I don't think this will change the general attitude of most players.
They will just find new ways to piss of everyone and give them a hard time.

Well, that's for sure - but I wouldn't ever expect disallowing pick-pocketing or things like this as these are FALLOUT.

But who would ever set dynamite in his pocket and rush to other people and smash them with explosion?

*Not the best idea, but is it possible (I know nothing about scripting) to increase the damage rates of dynamites etc. in the city? Like 10 times bigger, so people who are doing this to enrich themselves will disappear.

Thanks,
Touched
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 03:27:40 pm »
Sounds like a bug, so why didn't you report it?

I'll check it later. If this is being exploited instead of being reported, offenders will be warned (and banned if they repeat that). This rule applies here:

• Exploiting a known bug or abusing a feature. Report it instead of exploiting it; if it has not been reported yet, you might get a reward.

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »
Bombers should be punished for such actions with some sort of ban from the city. They probably have many alts so I'd say a month at least.
Or guards should shoot the bomber and disarm the bomb before anything happens and still ban the bomber from entering the town.

But I don't think this is a major problem, since you can avoid these kind of situations by not standing around in NCR. If you're there to trade, use a different entrance. If you're there to chat, don't bring anything you don't want to lose.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 03:35:44 pm »
Sounds like a bug, so why didn't you report it?

I'll check it later. If this is being exploited instead of being reported, offenders will be warned (and banned if they repeat that). This rule applies here:

• Exploiting a known bug or abusing a feature. Report it instead of exploiting it; if it has not been reported yet, you might get a reward.

Well, under notion of ''exploiting'' I can imagine something like - shooting other from the distance above max., or having more hp than possible, or creating items by taking an advantage of non-discovered script error, or using 3rd party programs to POWER you.

I didn't really know, that this one falls into a category of ''exploit/bug'' as they were just running with a ticking dynamite in their pocket. I don't see any issue there, even in Fallout 1/2 dynamite didn't kill you if you had more HP and were strong.

And I'm not into any rewards for pointing this out, or any other exploits. I'm into to see finally a server where you can confidently say >

I'm spending my time here, not WASTING.

Regards,
Touched
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:40:41 pm by Touched »
The Almighty Gaylords

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:00 pm »

The real problem is that they aren't even sucide bombers anymore. They just blow themselves up, but are tanky enough to survive it… victims aren’t though, so the offenders just pick up the loot and carry on.

and instead of dealing with it by leaving ncr or leveling a better character, you cry on the forum your shitty character gets f-ed everywhere.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 05:23:11 pm »
There is some sick twisted kind of people that enjoys the game by their way (bombing) and you want to take out their fun?...
Thats like i would do the same to you just in different kind of way that you enjoy...think about it.

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:15 pm »
There is some sick twisted kind of people that enjoys the game by their way (bombing) and you want to take out their fun?...
Thats like i would do the same to you just in different kind of way that you enjoy...think about it.

his "perfect" version of this game is making incompetent battle characters and hating the PKs because they make better ones. let's add to this the crafting and grinding.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »

his "perfect" version of this game is making incompetent battle characters and hating the PKs because they make better ones. let's add to this the crafting and grinding.

Hahaha, says a person who my only encounter outside of town with was when he accidentally got owned by mine's guards. TRUE SKILLS THERE MATE.

You seem to be missing the point, as always if I might add. I couldn't care less about being killed or blown up in NCR, I could afford a thousand of such deaths and I don't come to that mad town fully geared anyway. The issue here are the newcomers losing all of their gear thanks to mechanic they weren't even aware of. Our common goal should be to encourage more people to play as empty server lacks any fun whatsoever for both my kind of players and player killers like you - I don't see how you could argue there.

Btw. I love it how you always come as this sweet newlywed couple brownnosing each other  ;)

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 06:17:40 pm »
there is one, simple solution. Anti-alt system. Only few would dare to explode with karma penalty(for example, no trading with -XXX karma, shot on sight etc.), yet it would still be availability to blow up for players.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 06:23:34 pm »
It's about game concept that have nothing to offer after while,not about some bombers and shit...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...