May 25, 2024, 02:08:09 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bring back TC windows  (Read 26429 times)

KestreL

Re: Bring back TC windows
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 03:05:25 am »
For the record, i do not at all enjoy building so many houses. I only do it to get ready for TC. Call me Captain Overkill, i don't care. It's how i play. I
"What's the point in taking a town with 5-10 ppl if the town will be retaken by a huge swarm in 2 hours which you cannot fight?" -A3

Why can't you fight it?

Don't ask me. I'm always down to fighting swarms. But sadly almost all teams that play this game refuse to fight bigger teams. Btw there is a quoting option built in this forum.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:50 am »
I have a proposal....... at least hear it out BEFORE you say no....

So Faction A takes a town (Modoc). That starts a timer that prevents other factions from taking it in that time frame (24 hours?).

Faction B comes along inside that timeframe;
B's leader: "Bow down, I am your daddy" (stupid line, change it).
Sheriff Joe: "Sorry, but A is our daddy. You'll have to discuss this with them in, uh.... 4 hours (or whatever)."

That'll balance out the windows favoring certain factions WHILE allowing factions to reliably control the town for a timeframe.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:54 am »
start doing tc first before speaking about tc window changes -.-

i like uruks idea. but make tc windows dynamic. noone wants to fight only in one town just because this one covers his timespan he usually plays the game.

timespans could motivate smaller faction to participate in tc. it is like you have to win that one tc to get benefit of that box. so there is at least a small chance to have a town (and also an adv. workbench without being spotted by enemie box looters) till next tc window.

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:24 pm »
no need for the server TS windows

ravenp

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2015, 12:33:41 pm »
Tc windows = more pvp and please all pvp pretenders stop replying

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2015, 12:48:07 pm »
how to explain the plot that at one time, you can capture the city and at other times not?

ravenp

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »
how to explain the plot that at one time, you can capture the city and at other times not?
who cares for that lol

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2015, 01:16:56 pm »
Spoiler: show
who cares for that lol

no comments

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »
:facepalm
More pvp in last 10 min  :facepalm
15 min pvp for town per day  :facepalm

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »
:facepalm
More pvp in last 10 min  :facepalm
15 min pvp for town per day  :facepalm

The thing is we had windowed towns most of last session, was this your experience?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 03:31:58 pm »
start doing tc first before speaking about tc window changes -.-
I have a proposal....... at least hear it out BEFORE you say no....
In the end "I" don't really give a flying.... I was just trying to find a reasonably fair solution for everyone.

But hey, you want to make it so 3/4 of the world can't participate, not really MY problem.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 02:00:51 am »
"Tc windows = more pvp" -ravenp

Only in your head. Truth is, more players = more PvP. No way around that. But we run off the new players with PK. So we made this bed - now we sleep in it.

KestreL

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 05:02:27 am »
"Tc windows = more pvp" -ravenp

Only in your head. Truth is, more players = more PvP. No way around that. But we run off the new players with PK. So we made this bed - now we sleep in it.

It's not PKs that run off the new players. It's the game in general. We(Community) advertise this game on almost all kinds of gaming sites. Problem with this is that the average gamer is not interested in this kind of graphics in such a game. But yes. I agree with you, more players = More PvP.

However we already have enough players to start some PvP. Now we just need to fix some of the dynamics to make it more appealling.

But with your mentality. It seems you have given on up on the idea of getting PvP on this kind of game currently and people have/should do what they obviously can't do. Bring back new players to game. If that's the case you might aswell just leave the thread and let the people who are interested in playing PvP discuss TC windows.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2015, 09:37:10 am »
However we already have enough players to start some PvP. Now we just need to fix some of the dynamics to make it more appealling.

But with your mentality. It seems you have given on up on the idea of getting PvP on this kind of game currently and people have/should do what they obviously can't do. Bring back new players to game. If that's the case you might aswell just leave the thread and let the people who are interested in playing PvP discuss TC windows.
+1

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2015, 01:16:19 pm »
At the end of the day it's still just locker control, windowed or not. If we're to use the current system and only want to apply a bandage to the problem, I vote for windows.

If we want to fix PvP, maybe trying to force success with a recycled variation of this system isn't the way to go at all.

Is TC about looting a box or PvP? Answer that question honestly and maybe we can come up with a realistic solution.