May 03, 2024, 04:55:37 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: List of Suggestions that will be implemented after the Wipe  (Read 14022 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: List of Suggestions that will be implemented after the Wipe
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:49 pm »
Lemme move this to General Game Discussion subforum.

Some time ago, Corax (or someone else?) posted a similar list somewhere on forum, maybe in "reloading the reloaded" thread.

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 10:09:50 am »
Awesome!
Love the List. I have to join the group that think drugs are too powerful as it is.. Yes I agree that someone hopped up on 5 different drugs is goin to be ALOT more effective than me in combat, but removing withdrawal!??! So now we ALL must use drugs or be left behind..

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »
with no more addiction, Jet will be equal to cookies.
WHAT!?
BULLSHEVIK.

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 04:44:33 pm »
Ive been thinking about it. And I am curious to ask the Devs and long time players position on Multi-Chars in the game.
I understand any change would be dramatic and the current playerbase may not accept it.

I wonder because It seems a big un-spoken piece of the game. Having many log ins ready to go for whatever reason, on the fly.
It is so handy.
-I can have 3 lvl 1 chars with combat shotguns ready at junktown mine to kill a slave or bot and take their ores
-I can have a trader char logged at Each shop loaded with goods and spend 5 minutes checking every shop for caps
-I can quickly and easily relog in with my repair guy to fix my vehicles and weapons for my fighter
-I can heal myself with my doctor
-etc etc

If there was a Delay on relog, All this is gone. And it will suck.
But it changes the game dynamic,
-Now players must go find a hospital, or seek out someone who can help
-People will trade services with faction members who can fix up their car
-Slaves will be much safer in guarded mines (still not completely safe from teams of players)
-Evens the playing field in TC ... I dont participate, but it is easy for me to imagine a player with a hundred log ins and time to equip them doing much better than a player like me with time to equip and level much less.

Anyways, i expect to be flamed at the concept, but hey, Its what I'm here for.. *pops a smoke into mouth*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:46:32 pm by damonicos »

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »
Ive been thinking about it. And I am curious to ask the Devs and long time players position on Multi-Chars in the game.
I understand any change would be dramatic and the current playerbase may not accept it.

I wonder because It seems a big un-spoken piece of the game. Having many log ins ready to go for whatever reason, on the fly.
It is so handy.
-I can have 3 lvl 1 chars with combat shotguns ready at junktown mine to kill a slave or bot and take their ores
-I can have a trader char logged at Each shop loaded with goods and spend 5 minutes checking every shop for caps
-I can quickly and easily relog in with my repair guy to fix my vehicles and weapons for my fighter
-I can heal myself with my doctor
-etc etc

If there was a Delay on relog, All this is gone. And it will suck.
But it changes the game dynamic,
-Now players must go find a hospital, or seek out someone who can help
-People will trade services with faction members who can fix up their car
-Slaves will be much safer in guarded mines (still not completely safe from teams of players)
-Evens the playing field in TC ... I dont participate, but it is easy for me to imagine a player with a hundred log ins and time to equip them doing much better than a player like me with time to equip and level much less.

Anyways, i expect to be flamed at the concept, but hey, Its what I'm here for.. *pops a smoke into mouth*
Relog for tc or any pvp is bannable and many characters have been banned for exactly that. Also putting in a relog delay won't do anything as there are programs that allow you to run multiple windows of reloaded at the same time and people who really want to fast relog will find a way around it. As for the other things you mentioned about relog (sitting at shops etc) that's fine I don't care about that.

It would be cool if there was someway to force a one character limit and force people to work together but I do not know of any effective way to do that.

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 07:49:05 pm »
I did not know relog for TC was ban-able, and Im sure that is rather hard to enforce.. but I am Glad.

Also putting in a relog delay won't do anything as there are programs that allow you to run multiple windows of reloaded at the same time and people who really want to fast relog will find a way around it.

I beg to differ on this point. Yes those who really want to relog fast will find a way.. but those who really want to cheat will find a way for that too.. The idea is that Most of us won't Find a way, because it really isn't worth the effort.. it is just a game after all.

I concur, The game would be much more enjoyable if players were forced to play a role, and not able to switch effortlessly.
It would be really neat to work with a character that has decided to be more of a doctor... etc.. a relog delay would cause this kind of occurrence to happen more often.

A relog delay is simply a deterrent. Most players are more likely to hike over to Junktown to mend a broken arm then to start lookin up quick re-log programs..

I am curious as to Why not have a delay?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:01:10 pm by damonicos »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 08:56:52 pm »
Because it was already well-tested and well-bypassed by any possible means on FOnline: 2238, and we don't want to make the same mistakes. Sandboxie, multilaunchers, virtual machines, another laptop/PC, connected via different provider, proxy, VPN, etc.

Also it has been already discussed 238183 times especially after a new player comes and says "well it would be cool if you could only play ONE char because of all possible abuse with many chars" (just use search), but it's not going to happen, period.

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »
So Kilgore do you have any method or plan in the future to stop them or slow them or smth? Or it will stay on you catching them at action while they fast re log in pvp ?

Also had question in general rules it states that fast relog in pvp is forbidden. But there isnt anything about using of bots, autoclicker, macro readers , sandboxie, multy launchers,etc...  for mining , farming. Think the rules need to state what is and what is not allowed ( or im blind and it already exists but i didnt see it).

Had one more question , if u have 10 perception and i wear armor +1 perception and take nuka , even if it doesnt show that i have 12 perception in Specials , does it increases my range and accuracy? I ask because , Seki in http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6033.0 few times mentions in his advice for sniper build that u need 12 perception. So my question is because i coudnt find it anywhere on forum , do stats over 10 counts and if they do which one does and which one dont.

Ty in advance , if its not the place , just delete the message or move it to another topic.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »
So Kilgore do you have any method or plan in the future to stop them or slow them or smth? Or it will stay on you catching them at action while they fast re log in pvp ?

Also had question in general rules it states that fast relog in pvp is forbidden. But there isnt anything about using of bots, autoclicker, macro readers , sandboxie, multy launchers,etc...  for mining , farming. Think the rules need to state what is and what is not allowed ( or im blind and it already exists but i didnt see it).

Had one more question , if u have 10 perception and i wear armor +1 perception and take nuka , even if it doesnt show that i have 12 perception in Specials , does it increases my range and accuracy? I ask because , Seki in http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6033.0 few times mentions in his advice for sniper build that u need 12 perception. So my question is because i coudnt find it anywhere on forum , do stats over 10 counts and if they do which one does and which one dont.

Ty in advance , if its not the place , just delete the message or move it to another topic.
Dual log relog macros botting etc is allowed as long as it is not used during PvP to get an advantage. This includes looting not just fighting.

The only way to put a stat past 10 is to radiate yourself until the stat goes down and then install an implant. I believe what people mean when saying 12 perception is 10 perception and sharpshooter perk which extends vision range

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 11:14:32 pm »
Because it was already well-tested and well-bypassed by any possible means on FOnline: 2238, and we don't want to make the same mistakes. Sandboxie, multilaunchers, virtual machines, another laptop/PC, connected via different provider, proxy, VPN, etc.

Also it has been already discussed 238183 times especially after a new player comes and says "well it would be cool if you could only play ONE char because of all possible abuse with many chars" (just use search), but it's not going to happen, period.
Thanks for the perky and dismissive response. Twas but a question, And i still think *It would be cool if*
If the past has taught you that such an approach is not possible or feasible then ok. Seems i hit a nerve

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 11:25:12 pm »

Thanks for the perky and dismissive response. Twas but a question, And i still think *It would be cool if*
If the past has taught you that such an approach is not possible or feasible then ok. Seems i hit a nerve
Kilgore answers like this because he is tired of answering the same questions over and over every time a new player joins the forum. It takes time that he could be using to work on updates etc. Really I'm surprised he answered at all. So as he has said many times in the suggestions section, before suggesting something or asking about something first search forum to see if it is something that has been answered before. It saves you time, him time, and other people time.

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:46 pm »
I suppose i should have considered that this has been on the table before..
I do appreciate the answer, It couldn't be clearer =D And I dont make such suggestions because I am unhappy with
any aspects of the game, only my effort to contribute.
I will endeavor to make use of the search function more often in the future.

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 07:10:49 am »
I do hope craftable power armor makes its way into the game, but ONLY IF a Systolic Motivator is one of the required materials. Naturally those would be impossible to find without dismantling an existing set of power armor. Also a Fuzzy Picture or some other arbitrary, hard to find miscellaneous item  8)
BULLSHEVIK.

damonicos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 05:18:02 am »
I Got it!
Bring back Marijuana! (I believe it was in original fallout but was cut) Use it as the rare hard to find drug that completely relieves withdrawal! (Maybe not TOO hard to find)  ;D

(kilgores like : i'm removing addiction forget it already.)
(Damons like : but so cool....)  :-X
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:24:18 am by damonicos »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 10:17:47 am »
Removing withdrawal only effects Jet really so it isn't that much of a change to drugs overall.

What if a limiting effect was added, so only 2-3 drugs can be "active" at one time. For example an overdose effect that gets added to the player when he/she consumes a third or fourth different drug. This effect could knock the player unconscious and or deal damage (add a large dose of poison to the player maybe) and also render the drug taken to induce the overdose ineffective.

It would at least force players to make decisions on what drugs they would prefer to use, as opposed to "all drugs at all" times being the alternative (a generalised comment, as a sniper would rarely if ever use psycho etc, but true enough).

It could help to make builds more specific too, and give people a reason to sell/trade the drugs they aren't going to use.

Just a thought, probably been suggested before, but it could be an interesting addition.