May 12, 2024, 03:30:05 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Game writing and development  (Read 924 times)

Paterlizzi

Game writing and development
« on: October 16, 2014, 06:44:18 am »
I am just putting it out there that I am very interested in writing some dialogue and/or questlines for this project if you will have me. I am passionate about Fallout and would love a chance to work on the project. I know some of the guys have heard me talk about it in game. Any chance of this happening?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Game writing and development
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 10:06:30 pm »
I'm with you, Pat. I want to do the same thing. Here is my plan so far:

Already became a wiki editor, which has helped me climb the learning curve. I see this is a way to prep for doing more for this project. Then started writing these holotapes which serve as in-game Help Files. I hand them out as i meet new characters.

Downloaded the Dialogue Editor and Mapper tools and dove into making maps. Hit a brick wall! Mapping is very slow, especially without templates. I heard from K-man himself about his revised Mapper tool (including his templates!) being released for Season 2, along with the enhanced F1 Help overlay feature. I DL'd the new client, witnessed how great is the new F1 feature and am now eagerly waiting to see the new mapper and templates. I look forward to writing Help Files.

Maybe we can team up to be like junior devs but i think we should wait for the new tools before going too far. You can however anytime DL the existing mapper and see it for yourself. It's not impossible to use - just very slow. Keep in touch.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:32:59 pm by Henry »

Paterlizzi

Re: Game writing and development
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »
I like the sound of all of this!