May 10, 2024, 09:21:01 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: What will you add in the next update?  (Read 9571 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: What will you add in the next update?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 05:52:53 pm »
I just want to add that we kind of redesigned the inside of most towns. Life has been added, and most of those empty houses now have content associated with them. It's a new experience from the ground up, but we didn't remove anything, just helped it all evolve. We wanted players to have a new experience of the old game. We kept it familiar but it is a new take on an old world.

It will be more cinematic, and violent. It encourages working together, but hints at killing everybody...

There is plenty of new stuff. No spoilers from me, but the new session is going to resurrect FOnline. It's also going to be followed by theme specific DLC type updates every couple of months ;) This way we can focus our attention on smaller things, instead of the entire game as a whole.

Oh, and did I mention Easter Eggs?   

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 05:57:02 pm »
I just want to add that we kind of redesigned the inside of most towns. Life has been added, and most of those empty houses now have content associated with them. It's a new experience from the ground up, but we didn't remove anything, just helped it all evolve. We wanted players to have a new experience of the old game. We kept it familiar but it is a new take on an old world.

It will be more cinematic, and violent. It encourages working together, but hints at killing everybody...

There is plenty of new stuff. No spoilers from me, but the new session is going to resurrect FOnline. It's also going to be followed by theme specific DLC type updates every couple of months ;) This way we can focus our attention on smaller things, instead of the entire game as a whole.

Oh, and did I mention Easter Eggs?

Can I fap to this?  ;D
GUN FOR HIRE

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »
Permission granted.  8)

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 06:08:43 pm »
yep new session will rock. i hope and believe it will bring many players to this server. like 2238 levels of players. and im excited to see the few maps i submitted in action. this themed dlc type of update is news to me though. and if already theres plans for what to do after wipe then it must be actually nearly ready. the hype is real.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »
Yes, bigger playerbase would be great. Anyway this DLC idea sounds good and could work properly in this game. I can't wait for this wipe, and I don't know why...but I have a feeling it's gonna be soon...
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 06:12:43 pm »
It is always Soon(TM) but yeah i agree.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 06:13:05 pm »
well, tell all your friends and hype it up! I'm getting really impatient lol so don't worry, we all feel the pressure and we're mad at work.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 06:21:42 pm »
I just jizzed in my pants a lil...

Sounds so awesome, can't wait to see the changes!

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »
I have a .doc file that's over 20+ pages of changes made by me alone. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since May 2015 :( hard to keep up with the coding of new content, and then writing down all the details of it in a .doc file. But eventually I'll make it public!

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2015, 06:39:38 pm »
Thanks guys that sounds great. One question though about dlc. Are you thinking dlc like new fallout where you travel out of world map into new location or theme content on same world map.

But overall I think themes are a good idea because I think content look better as part of theme when compared to non-theme random content

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2015, 07:03:19 pm »
same world map lol, the world is large enough and has so many empty spaces. Plenty of room. IMO an Fonline Reloaded "DLC" would just be a giant update with a few things in focus.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2015, 07:37:52 pm »
Ok sound good!

zinthos

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »
hey thanks for the info corosive, sounds awesome.
btw kilgore mentioned some advertising-campaign or something like that, that needs to be done before wipe (along with beta test and stuff). how will that go? will be players able to participate?

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2015, 10:50:40 pm »
Well, with any luck, we will skip beta and just release as a huge update. I've been rocking hundreds of hours on the test server, and doing a lot of bug fixing so there isn't really anything to "test". DocAN has some ideas for an advertisement campaign so we'll all have to wait and see how that goes. But I assume a week or two before the release we will send out the carrier pigeons.

Arcanix

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2015, 10:56:20 pm »
Awesome Corosive. Love that Vault 77 cartoon.  :D