May 05, 2024, 01:45:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: 50% speed AP regeneration while walking  (Read 2301 times)

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
50% speed AP regeneration while walking
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:59 pm »
I think it would kind of make sense if you regenerated some AP while walking. Nothin' too major, just throwing it out there.

Hungry Hungry Shark

Re: 50% speed AP regeneration while walking
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:53:49 am »
+1

theres not much point in walking
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:55:32 am by Hungry Hungry Shark »

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:02:11 pm »
-1 no need, just take cover.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:14 pm »
As General Oliver said, it would be sick...almost no need to take cover in that case...
Maybe for special melee build it would be good
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 02:07:49 am »
-1, go play ashes of phoenix if you want to recover ap while on the move.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:59 pm »
-1 it's not "Ashes of Phoenix"

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 06:45:04 am »
I don't think you should get it back just by walking. Howver I was thinking that what if the perk bonus move gave a small ap regeneration in real time only? This would give the perk some relevance for real time and go some way toward making builds more portable between different modes
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 04:55:52 pm »
I don't think you should get it back just by walking. However I was thinking that what if the perk Bonus Move gave a small ap regeneration in real time only? This would give the perk some relevance for real time and go some way toward making builds more portable between different modes

I don't think he is saying we'd get AP by walking. He is saying AP would regenerate while walking, but at half the speed it regenerates by standing still. Seems to me that would mean faster fights, less delays during RT combat. Your idea to use Bonus Move for this seems okay to me, but only if it was a Support Perk. I don't want any more BRoF situations, where a single perk is so important that every single character i ever make has it.

+1 to Daytona's idea (or some version of it). However, this is the kind of change that might be dangerous to existing fight dynamics. Maybe test it somewhere first.

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
50% speed AP regeneration while walking
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »
I don't think you should get it back just by walking. However I was thinking that what if the perk Bonus Move gave a small ap regeneration in real time only? This would give the perk some relevance for real time and go some way toward making builds more portable between different modes

I don't think he is saying we'd get AP by walking. He is saying AP would regenerate while walking, but at half the speed it regenerates by standing still. Seems to me that would mean faster fights, less delays during RT combat. Your idea to use Bonus Move for this seems okay to me, but only if it was a Support Perk. I don't want any more BRoF situations, where a single perk is so important that every single character i ever make has it.

+1 to Daytona's idea (or some version of it). However, this is the kind of change that might be dangerous to existing fight dynamics. Maybe test it somewhere first.
Thanks!
Ya it would be kind of drastic and would likely need to be implemented on a new season.

As for bonus move I'm not sure how it should be incorporated with real time combat. It didn't do anything in fallout tactics in real time either.

It would be important to not give any ap regeneration to people who are encumbered or cripple legs while walking
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:13:25 pm by Daytona »

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 06:07:06 pm »

I see what you are saying about BROF, I hate having to incorporate that into everything too and I agree it shouldn't become like that. I was thinking more of it creating a build choice situation, in the same way as we have with action boys/BRD now. Where extra damage/ap is nice but you still have to be alive to use them and it needs to be balanced against damage resistance.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 07:51:19 pm »
Not only you are tired of action boys and brof vs other usefull perks :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:27 pm »
Rather add perk allowing for regen of one AP each 5 seconds in RT like on Requiem.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 11:10:08 pm »
There is no need to fix what's not broken.