May 16, 2024, 12:28:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Crafting overhaul  (Read 6387 times)

duh7

• View Profile
Re: Crafting overhaul
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 10:47:06 am »
bump.
Some one will say that experience cap form mining is a bad idee but now game i fucked by ppl with 4-5 alts with mines that will give all experience from crafting to main char.
Where her is logic? Now u can go form 1 to 100 lvl without using gun.
Devs pls chenge it and dont only do harder to get experience from crafting pls chenge that experience after 30 lvl from craft will be not gived so all players will need to do dungeons, quests or farm on creep.

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 12:05:56 pm »
bump.
Some one will say that experience cap form mining is a bad idee but now game i fucked by ppl with 4-5 alts with mines that will give all experience from crafting to main char.
Where her is logic? Now u can go form 1 to 100 lvl without using gun.
Devs pls chenge it and dont only do harder to get experience from crafting pls chenge that experience after 30 lvl from craft will be not gived so all players will need to do dungeons, quests or farm on creep.

Translation:
I do not use it because I like doig everything in hard way, so no one can do it easier, because easy way is not the way.

Many changes, which propably partialy solve this problem, were mentioned. Read forum more carefull :)

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 05:20:56 am »
I dont like this idea to make it more and more harder. We had this in 2238 where you needed 3days to shoot in one pvp battle.

Daemyn Sterk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 05:39:59 am »
I mostly like the idea of finding blueprints being harder, with dangerous dungeons and quests. I think that'd be a lot of fun.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 12:56:19 am »
I mostly like the idea of finding blueprints being harder, with dangerous dungeons and quests. I think that'd be a lot of fun.

Probably because you never played a session under the system you're suggesting.

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 06:48:55 am »
I dont like this idea to make it more and more harder. We had this in 2238 where you needed 3days to shoot in one pvp battle.
I dont suggest that hardcore play but a less stupid ape game when u do a hero from 0 to 100 lvl without using a gun. After wipe there will be harder to get minerals from mines so ppl will take more alts with more slavers to do same thing as they do now.
How hard is to do program bot that will put mined minerals on ground? I know devs will perm ban for that after wipe for using them. 75% players now in game are alts and i think after wipe that % will be bigger.
How many full sets players prepared in base for TC? 5-6? 10? More? That kind of items u do in 1 day or less and gues what. When u die u go to ur base and take another coz u dont bother something like dieing and loosing ur items. Something here is not right in my opinion.
We see what will wipe chenge so i will not suggest more time that crafting shuld not give exp. But when i see a 100lvl alt maked in a hour like now i want to quit this game.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:50:34 am by duh7 »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »
I dont suggest that hardcore play but a less stupid ape game when u do a hero from 0 to 100 lvl without using a gun. After wipe there will be harder to get minerals from mines so ppl will take more alts with more slavers to do same thing as they do now.
You crying again. Tell it to him

I never saw you on dungeons. Yesterday UV was in WH and V15 (pistacho, JackMax, some other guys from UV). For one slug is something about 1000-1500 exp. Tell everybody what way you have to make high lvl.
I don't have lvl 100+ because for what?
Someone have lvl 100+ and what?

How many full sets players prepared in base for TC? 5-6? 10? More?
Full sets of what? Items like, armors+guns+ammo+drugs+other items? My minimum is 20 sets.
Maybe full sets of characters? I use 1 for day.

We see what will wipe chenge so i will not suggest more time that crafting shuld not give exp. But when i see a 100lvl alt maked in a hour like now i want to quit this game.
Try to do one of these things:

1. Stop pierdoling and start playing.
2. Quit this game (if you really playing) and stop crying.

Enigmatic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 10:16:51 am »
If you are against this simply because of the time and effort it would take to get enough gear for pvp battles...  That was sort of the point.  Make it more difficult to build high end gear, so that hardcore PVPers would need to BUY it from hardcore crafters...

In PVP, gear just gets circulated around anyway, so if you are constantly needing to buy, or make, more gear for PVP, it's probably because you suck.

As for the 'not enough risk to get high levels', there's plenty of ways around that, including nerfing exp as other people have said, making it dangerous to farm certain resources etc.  Besides, does everything *need* to be dangerous in this game?   Sure, 'wasteland is harsh hur dur', but most players don't really go out of their way to put themselves in high-risk situations, and would prefer the steady accumulation of money and stuff that is another way to play survival games like this.

Regardless though, this thread has been dead for a month... Why beat a dead horse?

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »
I don't think you should rid of crafting exp, because that'd ruin the need for factions I think. Maybe make it so without a rank 2 profession you don't make as much, but making the more expensive gear gives a lot. That'd make it harder for the tanks to use crafting for grind leveling and help reduce autoclicker crafting.
I mean, there's people like me, and my main character is a crafter, the build is based on it and I don't fight much. Mostly just craft gear for the faction and catch brahmin for them, and I think that's a good dynamic. If crafting gave little or no exp for everything, everyone would end up with the same build. You'd be scaring off a lot of your craft-only players, and crafters aren't a bad thing.
I don't even use an autoclicker, I go through honest work for my crafting exp. It'd be really upsetting if I was forced to play the same way as everyone else. This is fallout, not COD.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014, 08:03:33 am »
Well, if yhe idea is to make it easier for casusl gamers, this is definitely the way to NOT do it.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

VooDoo

• Torture me and I'll beg for more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 03:28:06 pm »
+1! I couldn't agree more! PVP isn't everything.. But a lot of the elitist scumbags on here seem to think it is... And I hope they know who they are... *cough*
Anyway, This whole topic is well thought out, beautifully organised and consistent and I hope it can get through to some of these people that the game needs more then just PVP!
I love gathering, I love crafting and I love doing PVE with my friends, you sir get all of the cookies for this.