May 17, 2024, 04:28:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Wipe] Weapon variants  (Read 4777 times)

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
[Wipe] Weapon variants
« on: May 01, 2014, 11:40:09 pm »
As I suggested some time ago (but forgot where)
we should consider getting rid of crafting bonuses
and instead make weapon variants (like the scoped hunting rifle).

This would reduce the crafting frenzy and add a bit more tactic and variety to combat.

There could be versions that are re-chambered for more powerful ammo,
that are scoped, have a lengthened barrel for more accuracy, a night vision scope etc etc ...

There could also be special variants like a burst-fire Mauser or a LSW-variant of the plasma rifle.

I would volunteer to make the graphics for these variants.

But what we'd need is a list of these new weapons,
so feel free to post suggestions until we get a thumbs up or down from Kilgore.

In terms of stats these variants should not be TOO different from their counterparts
and have drawbacks as well as advantages in order to not upset weapon balance.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Re: [Wipe] Weapon variants
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 12:01:59 am »
"Options empower."
+1 to variation -1 to no bonuses.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 12:45:05 am »
Hmm kinda smells New Vegas  ::)

the Idea is no bad actually, adding a gl, scoop, extended magazine ( a minigun with 240 ammo capacity would be even better ^^). But how many extansions will you put on it ? If you can put every extension, well there is no point to do it because everyone will do the same. If you can only have one option people will choose the most efficient one.

concerning the weapons. Heh. Kilgore said he will add some new energy weapons after wipe, but another important thing is the balance.
I played on TLAMKII, the arsenal of weapons there is huuuuge. But ppl usually ran with Vindis, hyperboloids, (which were supposed to destroy rocks), an aircraftgun with a 70 hexes range, anti-tank rifle etc... People were always searching for it's composants and never cared about other tonns of weapons.

check the list if you want: http://fonline.ru/wikien/index.php?title=Weapons
and here is the russian version if you wanna see some pictures: http://fonline.ru/wikimk2/index.php?title=%D0%9E%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%B5

I'd like to see in the game an uncraftable fatman. With the same animation as a rocket launcher, but with possible hex shooting up to 50 hexes. Twice as strong as a regular Rocket Launcher. Uncraftable mininukes which would do rad damage and a hard knockback in the face of your opponent. Maybe found in TC lockers, dungeons and encounters. Could be funny to use in PvP. But will it unbalance the PvP ? I have no idea...

What could be also nice to see ig a Plasma Gatling.

From Energy Burst Weapons we have only the Uncraftable Gatling Laser.
A Plasma Gatling could do more damage but would have a shorter range (cuz it's Plasma kurwa). Also uncraftable, but may be farmable ? Or Spawning regulary in dungeons like Ares ?  Now Ares is covered in rust, there is absolutely NOTHING to do.

Concerning Machine Guns... I'd like to see Browning M2. Stronger than Bozar 50 - 60 dmg and shooting 5 rounds 7.62 ammo ?  Or just Implement .50 BMG ?

it's kinda complicated. I think, it would be bad to unbalance the game with it. But If there is a solution which would keep the game still interesting and balanced with these weapons. Hah, why not ?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 04:28:14 am »
Adding some guns from WWII would be nice

DraXaly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:15:06 am »
There could be versions that are re-chambered for more powerful ammo,
that are scoped, have a lengthened barrel for more accuracy, a night vision scope etc etc ...

Maybe the FN FAL can shine, XL Rifle is far to strong and needs to be taken down a notch.

I love the idea of spending my time playing fallout instead of farmville

+1

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:14:30 am »
No for any new weapons,there is already a lot of useless weapons no need to have more.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 01:08:51 pm »
we should consider getting rid of crafting bonuses
What for these incoming updates are then?

- New item bonuses,
- Changed some bonus of crafted items,
- A possibility to upgrade item bonuses,

We have enough weapons, and after wipe there will be few more energy weapons or so we are told.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:18:17 pm by Strike »

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »
Let's get rid of everything unique about this server and have only mausers. It'll be fun!

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »
Let's get rid of everything unique about this server and have only mausers. It'll be fun!

Yeah ! Only skill will show how good you are !

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:25:25 pm »
Or how good RNG is.

No for any new weapons,there is already a lot of useless weapons no need to have more.
This is wrong. Adding weapons is fine as long as they are useful.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 07:41:08 pm by Kilgore »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »
I think some people got the wrong idea here.

I'm not talking about adding new weapons per se, but variants with small differences.

An assault rifle with a scope could have longer range, while an assault rifle with an extended magazine would have more ammo capacity.
This would require a bit more strategy when it comes to chosing your gear and not just farm/grind/bot fests to get the most out of crafting bonuses.

It's more like add-ons or upgrades.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »
I think some people got the wrong idea here.

I'm not talking about adding new weapons per se, but variants with small differences.

An assault rifle with a scope could have longer range, while an assault rifle with an extended magazine would have more ammo capacity.
This would require a bit more strategy when it comes to chosing your gear and not just farm/grind/bot fests to get the most out of crafting bonuses.

It's more like add-ons or upgrades.
Well, would be nice but first buff the AR first, also other guns like the 14mm Pistol, or 9mm Mauser :D

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 04:23:18 am »
I think idee is better than crafting bonuses now. +1
Can we do a list of items that can be added as wepon modifers?
All players serch about wepens that give -1AP and where here is logic? They craft rly good gear that will be selled coz dont give that bonus.
When u will have extensions u can do to wepon a bonus -1ap but without any other bonuses.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 09:34:27 am »
I think idee is better than crafting bonuses now. +1
Can we do a list of items that can be added as wepon modifers?
All players serch about wepens that give -1AP and where here is logic? They craft rly good gear that will be selled coz dont give that bonus.
When u will have extensions u can do to wepon a bonus -1ap but without any other bonuses.

And I think that it's a bad idea. These weapon variants have a really good impact on builds that players are using. And sometimes crafted weapons are better than rare stuff.
I would suggest to add some more enhancements like:
- the range (I think it will be already implemented), on FO2 I had an avenger with +8 range and it was awesome, 
- extended ammo capacity cause sometimes having 240  5mm in your loader is better than 120
-higher durability of your weapon as a 6th option.
- Maybe also a weight variant but this might be more complicated
- more bullets shot per burst, an avenger which shoots 60 bullets instead of 40 would do way more damage but will have les bursts (and may be crafting such a cool thing will have a probability of 0.2% ?)
- a possibility to craft -2 AP weapon with 0.01% chance.

It's also important to know if it will not disbalance pvp and still remain intersting to play. People will start focusing those who are very well armed, instead of running after tanks in HPA :D.

But of course this is just my imagination, how would it be for real in the game, I have no idea.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:02 am »

- more bullets shot per burst, an avenger which shoots 60 bullets instead of 40 would do way more damage but will have les bursts (and may be crafting such a cool thing will have a probability of 0.2% ?)
- a possibility to craft -2 AP weapon with 0.01% chance.
This would make the game into an even bigger farm/grind/bot fest and make -1AP weapons useless.
It's the exact same mistake that was made before by introducing crafting bonuses.

This isn't Diablo 2 Battlenet, which is mostly PvE and where you need more and more bonuses the longer you play.
Fonline I more like Counterstrike, where you need balanced choices to assure that PvP is somewhat fair.

In a game where you can kill anyone and take their belongings without any negative repercussions
it's extremely counter-productive to empower 24/7 players by grindable bonuses.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:42:31 am by Sperber »