May 13, 2024, 05:09:04 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Lets talk Miniguns.  (Read 16387 times)

Arcanix

Re: Lets talk Miniguns.
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 07:56:43 pm »
Give it more spread and no ability to move at all (no running, no even walking).

Or just forget about it...

Yeah that could work. In F2 there was this Super Mutant Boss, Melchior the Magnificent , spawning adds in mid combat. He was sort of "immobile".

The scale of Super Mutants. If your typical Super Mutant in FOnline is the 8´Ft one, The Masters Super Mutant Elite Army is the 11´ft one then the boss wielding this twin barrel minigun would be the 13´ft one. The 28´ft one would be overkill.

Wouldnt be that far fetched to increase the size of one of those minigunners and tweak the minigun visually for two barrels.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:01:52 pm by Arcanix »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »
Wouldnt be that far fetched to increase the size of one of those minigunners and tweak the minigun visually for two barrels.
...until you have to do it on your own.
Anyway my idea was even for players characters, no need to adding non lootable gun. You already have double heavy minigun for turrets on .223 ammo I guess.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 09:09:12 pm »
Anyway my idea was even for players characters, no need to adding non lootable gun. You already have double heavy minigun for turrets on .223 ammo I guess.

You reject this double barrel resonably constructed minigun for NPC and player use in favour of a minigun turret?

If so, then you have to tweak the double minigun turret model so you can caary and use it in combat.

Why this obsession with loot. Pfft alright..whatever...give this double barrel minigun a hefty weight statistic. Ya, 2x the weight of the avenger in addition to the 2x the ammo weight. Further additional weight is the extra metal used to make the gun, say 0.5x.  Sure loot it if you can carry it.

People running 1 strength builds...good luck! Grab the fucking thing and run, only to be ganked by a pedestrian.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 09:21:18 pm »
I thought you said it would be npc only weapon? i dont see a point in adding an npc only weapon. and as far as making it for players theres been multiple reasons its not needed. Other than that why should someone other than you need to tweak the model to be carried? you are the one who wants the gun and have done no work to put it in game. Making up random things off the top of your head and expecting others to implement them because you think its cool is not the correct way to use suggestion section. make this content yourself if you really want it ingame and maybe people will take this suggestion more serious.

Arcanix

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 09:43:13 pm »
I thought you said it would be npc only weapon?

Either/or initially. In the end i saw more value in having it a raid boss exclusive weapon.

i dont see a point in adding an npc only weapon.

Elaborate on that.

Other than that why should someone other than you need to tweak the model to be carried?

Because carrying a turret is impractical?

you are the one who wants the gun and have done no work to put it in game.

The thread name is "Lets talk about miniguns" not "Lets design a Fonline game to Mr.Beer exclusive liking".

Making up random things off the top of your head and expecting others to implement them because you think its cool is not the correct way to use suggestion section. make this content yourself if you really want it ingame and maybe people will take this suggestion more serious.

Posting just to prove yourself as a windbag is not very constructive. What judgemental rights do you feel you have?

Suggestions forum is not a workshop its a thinktank. Ideas get put forth then discussed. The suggestions forum is not a "one man get it approved by Mr.Beer first section". It pains me to wintess your failure to understand this.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 10:02:33 pm »
You are correct, it is a thinktank to some degree. But it is most definitely a workshop as well. Kilgore has said many times if you want something in the game then make it and it will have a chance.
You say it is for ideas to be discussed and then insult me for discussing ideas? You seem to have the attitude that the game should be tailored to your liking, since you feel that you need to do no work on content that only you wants in the game and expect others to put it in for you.
Stalker has had idea for enclave metal armor and you know what he did? he put some work into it and has some metal armor graphics he made black to be enclave. Some others wanted crit table changed and know what they did? they posted the new crit table they wanted.
What do you do? you do this
post a picture of some dank meme and 2 pictures of a minigun. No sentence stating what it is.

you didn't post no stats, no inventory art, nothing, just some random pictures.

So, anyone starting to see any reason we would have kicked Arc out of our faction?  Or does he need to post a few more times first?
yes i see all too well at this point

Arcanix

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 10:29:41 pm »
You are correct, it is a thinktank to some degree. But it is most definitely a workshop as well.

Thats why these boards have a specific section called Workshop then.

You say it is for ideas to be discussed and then insult me for discussing ideas?

That last post of yours was no discussion. Wasnt even on topic. You wanted to spew judgemntal bullshit...i was gracious enough to answer you.

Kilgore has said many times if you want something in the game then make it and it will have a chance.

I didnt know that.

You seem to have the attitude that the game should be tailored to your liking, since you feel that you need to do no work on content that only you wants in the game and expect others to put it in for you.

No, my attitude is to share my ideas.

Again, Beer...the point with this thread and the suggestions forum is to put forth ideas. The name of this thread is "Lets talk about miniguns". As in yeah what do you people want in that respect. A first draft if you will...

Killing ideas is not exactly the way to go developing a game. You need creativity for that. What kind of creativity have you shown in this thread?

How about you elaborate on the "i dont see a point in adding an npc only weapon" statement?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 10:54:31 pm »
If you looked in the workshop section you would immediately see that its for devs testing things like new clients and for them posting things community can make to help. If you want something not yet ok'd to be in the game it goes in suggestions.

It was discussion. If you see I was talking about you having said it was npc only gun then I also added advice for you to make your suggestion more likely to be considered by others. You reacted to this by insulting me, saying that I have no right to have an opinion on your suggestions/how you go about them, and getting generally offended.

Well now you do, and you still are offended that people told you to make it

Nobody has killed an idea and nobody can except devs. But they are telling you what they think is wrong with your idea and the way you have presented it/forethought you put into it. Also they tell you that for your idea to have a chance you have to put some work into it. Rather than listening to this you immediately insult everyone and post forum pvp.

Since you asked me, I will elaborate. I think adding new weapons only for NPCs is pointless because there is no difference other than what the weapon an npc holds looks like. You can adjust damage npcs do without adding new guns and its the same effect. This is compounded by you not having made anything yourself so who will take their time to make this? devs? why would they put time into making what amounts to little more than a modification to an npc skin that few people will notice? In another thread asking for new guns kilgore said there is no point to add guns without functional differences and if you want visual variety then make a mod for yourself and that was for players, so for npcs its even less worthwhile.

Arcanix

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 11:44:59 pm »
If you want something not yet ok'd to be in the game it goes in suggestions.

Thats why i post in the suggestions section. Fairly obvious.

It was discussion. If you see I was talking about you having said it was npc only gun then I also added advice for you to make your suggestion more likely to be considered by others.

Is that so...

Making up random things off the top of your head and expecting others to implement them because you think its cool is not the correct way to use suggestion section.

No discussion, no advice just inflamatory rethoric....

and you still are offended that people told you to make it.

You assume too much. You seem bent of forcing me to make these things.  Im not a dev. Even if i were i would be in the creative game design department not the coding side of it. That should be obvious by now.

Nobody has killed an idea and nobody can except devs.

Save from myself, Help Bot and Mad Matt everyone has tried to do just that through inflamatroy rethoric in this thread. Like its their Ego trip birthright to do so.

But they are telling you what they think is wrong with your idea and the way you have presented it/forethought you put into it.

No, it was just a pretence to vent bottles up issues. Im not your fucking therapist and the forum is not your fucking diary.

Also they tell you that for your idea to have a chance you have to put some work into it.

Is that so....reread the first posts of Yuno-Gasai, killer1986chrism, mkhammer and yourself made once more. In your third post you informed me of what Kilgore said.

Rather than listening to this you immediately insult everyone and post forum pvp.

So, let me get this straight...you come here and start an arguement because you have an issue with what ive said in another thread. Unrelelated to this thread.

What is that behavior called again...

Since you asked me, I will elaborate. I think adding new weapons only for NPCs is pointless because there is no difference other than what the weapon an npc holds looks like. You can adjust damage npcs do without adding new guns and its the same effect.

Ok.

Let me answer that....you missed the entire point. Let me elaborate on that.....why add a minigun to a Super Mutant when you can just adjust the damage table of the watergun in his hands?

This is compounded by you not having made anything yourself so who will take their time to make this? devs? why would they put time into making what amounts to little more than a modification to an npc skin that few people will notice?

More bitching and moaning....in addition to what ive already said about the function of the suggestion forum...i can say this. Anyone who wants to make something to be included in the game more than likely visits the suggestion section for inspiration. Thats the second main purpose of the suggestion section. Now, the closed suggestion section are for those ideas Kilgore said "no way".

If the specific suggestion is not in the "closed suggestions section" it is valid, with or without your concent.

Let me say this again....

If the specific suggestion is not in the "closed suggestions section" it is valid, with or without your concent.

FUCKING DEAL WITH IT MAN.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:09:11 am by Arcanix »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 12:25:51 am »
Dual Minigun turret. Is in the game, but it'd be cooler to be able to have players mount them. Unless they're base defenses.
In Maintenance Mode.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 07:27:21 am »

You're just making yourself look like a fool Arcanix. There is no point adding a new weapon, especially if only a NPC can use it.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Arcanix

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 07:50:00 am »
There is no point adding a new weapon

Ok, thats your opinion. I dare you to elaborate on that.

Other than that you are still posting useless spam. By doing that you defile this thread. Follow your own advice.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 11:48:11 am »
Currently miniguns are one of suprerior weapons. Avenger & Vindicator are enough in my opinion. Unique avenger or just vindicator can smack everyone in 2 - 3 bursts. Anyway carrying some dual minifun is not lore friendly..

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 12:24:37 pm »
Unique avenger or just vindicator can smack everyone in 2 - 3 bursts. Anyway carrying some dual minifun is not lore friendly..
Miniguns only good against low res characters. But i gotta agree a new minigun especially if even stronger than those we already have isnt nowhere near desirable.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »
Highly pointless and hard to balance. Better focus on rebalance of low tier weapons like CAWS & normal minigun.