May 08, 2024, 04:37:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Is Wipe coming?  (Read 11197 times)

Krizu

• View Profile
Re: Is Wipe coming?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2015, 12:47:05 am »
Drinkin' Nuka Cola and enjoying a rainy night.

Throwing a fresh idea out there for the devs. Something like this probably won't ever be implemented, seeing how hard it probably would be to script it, but here goes:

Players/factions should be able to set up NPC task forces (which they can gear up as they please, and grow them larger, with some limit of course) that roam the world map independently, taking encounters, even hunting down and killing faction's enemy players, then bringing all the loot back to faction base.

Of course there would have to be a big management system for those kind of task forces, for example if a task force becomes KIA, they can be activated/resurrected again (without the gear they had on ofc 'cause they lost it) with a fair amount of caps. They'd also need quite a bit of upkeep.
Also a wide array of options on what areas your task force would move, maybe even a spectate mode to see where your force is going and how's it doing. Would add something real fresh and a whole new side to the game.

There could be a nice new bounty system implemented also to go along nicely with something like this. A terminal where players could put a bounty on someone, and then people/factions can send out their task forces after those players. 

What are your thoughts, fellow bluesuits?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2015, 06:22:37 am »

3rd.  Most of those perk suggestions +1,  but merging pyromaniac perks,  now here huge - - - - 1 By merging pyro you basically resigning from one build and give tanks framers with sick damage.  Pyro is good as it is.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
Pyromaniac perk will be changed after wipe (effect all fire weapons, no idea about damage bonus), so maybe I just wanted some more possible changes to it ;)

I wonder what kind of changes.

There will be many changes to perks and yes, they will be posted earlier.

During this session, mojuk gathered a lot of data about which perks are used the most and which aren't almost at all. Changes will be mostly based on it. For sure old build will not be very useful.

It seems unlikely that "old builds" will not be useful, I mean how can the basic sniper or tank build with the perks available now be rendered useless?

I hope that you mean that the "new" or changed perks will make old build types a lot less powerful if they aren't included, the way you worded it sounds like you have altered all the perks, nerfing the most popular ones.

Either way, can't wait to see that changelog :)

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2015, 10:48:30 am »
A wipe is just what I need, I think sometimes its kinda the same thing again.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2015, 11:40:22 am »
No matter what's in changelog, there will be always a fair amount of bitching about everything.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2015, 03:06:26 pm »
I think that is just a general theme in game forums, as people don't tend to stop playing while they are having fun to comment on how much fun they are having. They stop playing to make comments about things ruining their personal enjoyment or about bugs etc.

People giving praise on a forum is mostly a lot less thought out than criticisms, but sure there are people unable to communicate effectively so their posts are full of rage/bitching/hyperbole, nonetheless most of the time forum posts will be critical or negative, as the people who love the game as is are playing, not making comments on the forum.

That's all generally speaking of course, there are plenty of exceptions (wiki editors, walkthrough writers etc), but it does seem to be the base nature of forums, it's where the angry go to vent their frustrations, relative to the game (and sometimes not).

Strike

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »
No matter what's in changelog, there will be always a fair amount of bitching about everything.
Yup, you just cannot please everyone, there will be always someone who hate and someone who love.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:14:32 pm by Bobblehead »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »
Yup, you just cannot please everyone, there will be always someone who will hate and someone who love.

A lot of people are depressed and they cant get fun from any kind of entertainment. Even new content wont make them happier. Well, but who cares about them ;D

Strike

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2015, 03:50:45 pm »
What about forums, do they get wipe? Sticky topics survive (guides and rules), but what about the rest of the content?

Any new dungeons for next session?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:42:05 pm by Bobblehead »

RACK

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2015, 05:34:10 am »
where my openTent event?

Donger

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2015, 07:04:47 am »
Its december, i hope wipe will be soon.

mdgeist

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:22 am »
Yeah, i'm very curious to see the changelog and would like to create new builds.
I am glad about the wipe and can't wait anymore  ;D

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2015, 05:27:16 pm »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:00:39 pm by c_hieter »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »
My main point really was that the mostly critical and negative nature of forums (and hence the need for moderation), isn't a reflection of the game itself, but how people use game forums in general.

You have to apply some reading between the lines even in the most rage filled posts to see that it is usually a player who has loved playing the game, but some action or event, or series of, has effected them enough that they felt the need to comment publicly about it either for awareness or support.

Either that or just ignore the forums entirely, as the negative aspects will always outweigh positive aspects within them.

Xoen's cow is a good example of this, it's funny to read, and he is more than rude in his approach, but at the end of it all, he is/was a player enjoying the game for what it was up until one event occurred that pushed him to publicly comment on it. That negative post is a reflection of how much he loved the game before the fabled cow disappearance as much as it is a general rage dump.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:53:36 pm by Blarney »

phylolo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2015, 03:21:32 pm »
So...I suppose that the coming Wipe is not so certain... maybe yes or maybe no recenty

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2015, 04:37:26 pm »
So...I suppose that the coming Wipe is not so certain... maybe yes or maybe no recenty

This is, and always was Definition of Wipe soon. You will know when wipe will take place after devs will state it on forum clearly (Change-log, and date) Before that just enjoy the game, and train your skills because better you get now easier for you will be to start after wipe, when everybody will grind like mad and wasteland will be full of people like shopping centers on black Friday.